Sponsored

Pics of 2024 Anvil at Dealer

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Went to pick up my 2021 JLUR from service (upper oil pan was leaking). Anyway, they had nearly twenty 2024's in stock. All models except the 392 and I could not find any with the winch package. Anvil is one of my favorite colors. I really liked it on the TJ and XJ and am happy to see it back! Pictures are a bit tough to really see the color. It is one of those colors like that stupid dress meme, I see more blue in it and other see more grey...

One was unlocked so I hoped in. It showed the new cloth dash. I would worry about keeping this clean. One greasy hand print would be a pain to get off. Seems like Moab dust and Sand Hollow sand would also be hard to get out. This past weekend in Ouray, I got mud on the dash and that might stain as well. Who knows, it may have a super fabric coating on it...

Also took a picture of the windshield antenna, I get the concept, but this is really going to drive up the cost of replacement.

Jeep Wrangler JL Pics of 2024 Anvil at Dealer Anvil 1
Jeep Wrangler JL Pics of 2024 Anvil at Dealer Anvil 2
Jeep Wrangler JL Pics of 2024 Anvil at Dealer Dashboard
Jeep Wrangler JL Pics of 2024 Anvil at Dealer Dashboard 2
Jeep Wrangler JL Pics of 2024 Anvil at Dealer Windshield
Sponsored

whitechocolate

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 80th Edition
That's a pretty colour
Went to pick up my 2021 JLUR from service (upper oil pan was leaking). Anyway, they had nearly twenty 2024's in stock. All models except the 392 and I could not find any with the winch package. Anvil is one of my favorite colors. I really liked it on the TJ and XJ and am happy to see it back! Pictures are a bit tough to really see the color. It is one of those colors like that stupid dress meme, I see more blue in it and other see more grey...

One was unlocked so I hoped in. It showed the new cloth dash. I would worry about keeping this clean. One greasy hand print would be a pain to get off. Seems like Moab dust and Sand Hollow sand would also be hard to get out. This past weekend in Ouray, I got mud on the dash and that might stain as well. Who knows, it may have a super fabric coating on it...

Also took a picture of the windshield antenna, I get the concept, but this is really going to drive up the cost of replacement.

Jeep Wrangler JL Pics of 2024 Anvil at Dealer Windshield
The body colour fenders are different, on my 2021 I have body matching fenders, however they have a black trim border on the bottom. I like this better as one colour

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Mons, Belgium (originally, Sn Antonio, TX)
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Sport; 22 JLU Willys Sport
Occupation
USAF
Anvil started in the JKs for the 10th anniversary Rubicons and was so popular it became a full time color for the Wranglers and then the Renegades when they came out. Think it was even offered on some Dodge vehicles too if I recall correctly (but that might’ve only been the Battleship colored gray, not Anvil…my memory is fuzzy on those).

It’s a great color but they’ve got so many grays now that it’s getting obnoxious. I liked it when it was only available for a model year or so. Made it unique.

Rock Lobster (red) was one of my favorite reds ever and it was available for a year or two. Semi hard to come by nowadays, or if you do find one it’s been beat to hell. Maybe that’s what they’re trying to avoid by bringing back Anvil and keeping the Stingrey around for so long? Idk.

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
Have to agree with you on this one. That Ford color is definitely better.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepinJason33

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

Anvil started in the JKs for the 10th anniversary Rubicons and was so popular it became a full time color for the Wranglers and then the Renegades when they came out. Think it was even offered on some Dodge vehicles too if I recall correctly (but that might’ve only been the Battleship colored gray, not Anvil…my memory is fuzzy on those).

It’s a great color but they’ve got so many grays now that it’s getting obnoxious. I liked it when it was only available for a model year or so. Made it unique.

Rock Lobster (red) was one of my favorite reds ever and it was available for a year or two. Semi hard to come by nowadays, or if you do find one it’s been beat to hell. Maybe that’s what they’re trying to avoid by bringing back Anvil and keeping the Stingrey around for so long? Idk.
Agree on the Rock Lobster. I wish the regular red was a bit more of a Porsche Guards Red

OP
OP
JeepinJason33

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

I prefer mine. ;) (Granite Crystal Metallic)

Jeep Wrangler JL Pics of 2024 Anvil at Dealer IMG_5455 Lar

As for the antenna, how many actually listen to FM? If I'm not running Sirius, I'm using carplay.
I like the Granite as well, had it on my Track Hawk, just a bit harder to keep clean. Agree on the antenna, would not replace it if my windshield was cracked. I purposely did not go with the safety group so that I could easily swap out the windshield with a cheap one.

bobmich52

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler unlimited sport s
Occupation
Security professional
Since colors are being discussed here

Ocean blue for me

It presents well & fairly easy to keep clean & shiny

My old wrangler was Fire engine red as they called it back then

Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepinJason33

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

I picked up my anvil Willys in mid July and I love the color! And I actually think I prefer the non painted fenders with this color and especially with the Willys package for 2024

Jeep Wrangler JL Pics of 2024 Anvil at Dealer IMG_5199

Looks Great! This is my favorite color, just can't justify buying a new one for the color and a larger screen. I was hoping that there would be more changes to push me to a new one. The floating axle is nice, but I will go with 60's at some point so that was not enough to move me.