Picking up Rubicon at Jim Marsh this weekend

Sjhocking

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
Looking forward to getting Rubicon this weekend in Las Vegas (by way of Southern California). So far everything has been super easy with Jim Marsh. Antonio at Jim Marsh has been responsive. I’ll let you all know how it goes for those thinking of purchasing from Jim Marsh.
Sponsored

cns721

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 WJ, '13 JKU, '18 WK2, '19 JLU, '22 WL74
Occupation
Software Engineer
Don't forget to make sure everything comes with the Jeep. My Rubicon didn't come with the ratchet torx kit nor the wiring harness with the tow package.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Looking forward to getting Rubicon this weekend in Las Vegas (by way of Southern California). So far everything has been super easy with Jim Marsh. Antonio at Jim Marsh has been responsive. I’ll let you all know how it goes for those thinking of purchasing from Jim Marsh.

Steve, first and foremost congratulations on your upcoming purchase. I hope it will occur without incident, and the statistics certainly lend support to the likelihood that it will. Buying a Wrangler should be a pleasant experience.

But sometimes things happen, and the next best alternative, to guaranteeing that you get what you deserve, is preparation.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-terrible-experience.19916/page-4#post-485563

@IronChad struck me as uber vigilant in his purchase, stating up front the entirely reasonable things he expected. When things didn't happen that way for him at Marsh, like you, trekking from SoCal, negotiating fixes when trying to make it home with the rig that same day can be tricky.

May it never come to pass, but please consider contemplating your own personal game plan on how you might handle problems before arriving at the dealer, when clear mind and less duress prevail.

Best wishes, best luck.

Sponsored

Mrjimmystewart

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 jeep 392, Mercedes E 53 convt, Prevost H3-41
Occupation
Retired
picking up my new Moab from Antonio at Jim Marsh next week. So far everything has gone very smoothly. I'm spending three more nights in vegas, so I can deal with it should something arise.

wb880

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon 4XE
Hi guys. I am lucky to live within 5 minutes of Jim Marsh.

They are the newest Jeep dealership in Las Vegas. I also work for a gov regulation agency that oversees dealers/ car industry in NV and so far Jim Marsh over all(Kia and other brands under him) are pretty good over all with very little consumer complaints an no fraud investigations I can locate. (This is why I bought from them).

From my experience in buying my Rubicon JL from them in April they are very busy and negotiate a good deal upfront that can be fine tuned a little more for the buyer, but most of the BS is thrown out. Since they are busy they tend to forget little things and the body shop does not communicate with the dealer side very well.

So far the service side has been pretty good. They worked with me to correct the steering issues, a wacky speedometer and a few other quarks with a new model. So far from a professional opinion they are a solid 8.5 out of 10.

Once they have been around a little longer I think they will have things down pretty good.

Most of the time these places are in the mindset that you are local and they have all day to get it done. At the same time they worry about prepping a vehicle fully to roll off the lot for a sale until the contract is signed.

Again they are not perfect, but I went there for the price and reputation for not screwing over customers or doing shady business.

OP
OP
Sjhocking

Sjhocking

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
Steve, first and foremost congratulations on your upcoming purchase. I hope it will occur without incident, and the statistics certainly lend support to the likelihood that it will. Buying a Wrangler should be a pleasant experience.

But sometimes things happen, and the next best alternative, to guaranteeing that you get what you deserve, is preparation.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-terrible-experience.19916/page-4#post-485563

@IronChad struck me as uber vigilant in his purchase, stating up front the entirely reasonable things he expected. When things didn't happen that way for him at Marsh, like you, trekking from SoCal, negotiating fixes when trying to make it home with the rig that same day can be tricky.

May it never come to pass, but please consider contemplating your own personal game plan on how you might handle problems before arriving at the dealer, when clear mind and less duress prevail.

Best wishes, best luck.
Thanks for this information @RussJeep1. I’m heading out tomorrow, hopefully it all goes well. You are right it is always good to have options before you get excited to buy a car. There is always another car available that you will be happy with. I have been very happy so far with Jim Marsh, but tomorrow is the big day.

OP
OP
Sjhocking

Sjhocking

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
Picked up my Wrangler at Jim Marsh and I’d recommend to others.

Drove out to Vegas with one way Enterprise car rental $150 was able to drop the rental at dealer for Enterprise to pick up. Our Jeep was waiting out front and Antonio said hi when we got there. It took 2.5 hours to wait for finance and 20-30 minutes in finance. This was way longer than expected, but Tony the salesman that was helping us while we waited was very nice.

I still need to get the car smogged and go to CA DMV, hopefully no issues there.

If anyone has any questions more in depth feel free to send me a message.

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up my Wrangler at Jim Marsh and I’d recommend to others.

Drove out to Vegas with one way Enterprise car rental $150 was able to drop the rental at dealer for Enterprise to pick up. Our Jeep was waiting out front and Antonio said hi when we got there. It took 2.5 hours to wait for finance and 20-30 minutes in finance. This was way longer than expected, but Tony the salesman that was helping us while we waited was very nice.

I still need to get the car smogged and go to CA DMV, hopefully no issues there.

If anyone has any questions more in depth feel free to send me a message.
Smog first year? ohhhh Cali huh - not surprised they make you do that if so.
I'm patiently (not) waiting for mine to arrive at Jim Marsh also. Hopefully next month, but I've had a great experience with them so far. So much so that XMas Eve we went there late, and purchased a last min gift for my wife - 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude. Took 45mins to wrap up the whole deal and was out the door. Antonio and Char there are amazing! :champagne::like:

Sponsored

dspilman

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2-Door 3.6L Manual, 1997 TJ Sport 2-Door 4.0L Manual;
Occupation
Architect
JUST FINALIZED MY ORDER!! I too was working with Antonio at Jim Marsh.
I live in Los Angeles and I searched and called just about every dealer in Los Angeles County and Orange County, looking for someone who would work with me. I could not get anyone except for Chris G. "The Bald Car Guy" to go below invoice, and the best he could get me was 1% under.

Antonio was great. No haggle, not back and forth. Just straight to the point: 5% under invoice. Done.
Overall he was super easy to work with. I found his emails to be brief but to the point.

Congrats to all those who are picking up soon at Jim Marsh! Please keep us in the loop on the experience in person.

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
JUST FINALIZED MY ORDER!! I too was working with Antonio at Jim Marsh.

Antonio was great. No haggle, not back and forth. Just straight to the point: 5% under invoice. Done.
Overall he was super easy to work with. I found his emails to be brief but to the point.

Congrats to all those who are picking up soon at Jim Marsh! Please keep us in the loop on the experience in person.
I have pretty much the same story, only I’m flying from Denver and I’ve asked Antonio for a mid-March pickup, so he’s scheduling the build accordingly. I plan to take day trips out of Las Vegas to properly break in the drivetrain and see if any build issues arise before I drive back to Colorado.

dspilman

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2-Door 3.6L Manual, 1997 TJ Sport 2-Door 4.0L Manual;
Occupation
Architect
I have pretty much the same story, only I’m flying from Denver and I’ve asked Antonio for a mid-March pickup, so he’s scheduling the build accordingly. I plan to take day trips out of Las Vegas to properly break in the drivetrain and see if any build issues arise before I drive back to Colorado.
Exciting! If I’m out there I’d happily take yours for a little gentle break in trip ;)

What did you order?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Nice to hear many buyers ordering/buying from Jim Marsh. Ordered our JL sport S 2 door, Oct.18th from Antonio, got 5% under invoice (including the Tread Lightly discount). Simple to deal with and kept me well informed. Jeep was built and stored in railyard (since we can't pick up until mid Jan.) and arrived at Jim Marsh Dec.14th. Went to the dealer our last Vegas trip in November and met w/ Antonio and Marianna and drove a similar JL and went over the vehicle features. Were very nice to talk with and very willing to spend time w/ us getting familiar w/ the new JL. Can't wait to bring it home!