Picking up my JL tomorrow

Dubeau9005

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2010 GMC Sierra 1500
Our JL has finally been delivered and we are picking it up tomorrow. It is our first new vehicle purchase so wondering if anyone can give me a bit of insight as to what I should check on the JL before signing off on it, do I do a test drive prior to signing, etc? I’m used to buying used vehicles but for those, I am used to looking for rust in known areas, mechanical issues, etc. With a new vehicle, these aren’t really issues. Any insight would be appreciated. I’ve already looked at the checklist for what should be delivered with it and will make sure all that is there.
Thanks guys. Finally joining the JL life! Been a 3 month wait
Sponsored

Southbend44

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting-Gray, 2004 TJ 4.0, 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
If mine ever gets delivered I will specifically be checking that all fuses are seated as well as the air pressure for the tires being within recommended range - it seems there have been a good number of delivered JL’s with those issues slipping past the quality control / post build inspection.

Congrats on picking it up and getting your first new vehicle.

OP
OP
Dubeau9005

Dubeau9005

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

dgulia

First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport JLU; 2019 Ram 2500 Laramie; 2019 Jeep Cherokee
Make sure the cruise control recall is done and Uconnect has the latest update.
CONGRATULATIONS

OP
OP
Dubeau9005

Dubeau9005

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On hardtops, be sure to check the roof surface for transport damage.
Where should I be looking for this? Or just check the roof like I will the paint to make sure no stone damage, etc?

OP
OP
Dubeau9005

Dubeau9005

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Make sure the cruise control recall is done and Uconnect has the latest update.
CONGRATULATIONS
How can I ensure the cruise control recall is done as well as uconnect update? Asking them doesn’t really mean too much. Pretty easy for them to say yes I would assume

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
Ya, I saw that checklist and will be going through it for what I should be getting. More worried about what I should be checking out on the Jeep before taking it.
Just make sure you get EVERYTHING you are supposed to get. Go through the check list. Then visually inspect in, out, under and over (play with the dash/head unit too). Also I do not like to buy (sign for yet) anything until after a decent test drive.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dubeau9005

Dubeau9005

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
If you are picking it up from a local dealer and you live close I would just ask for the keys. Dealerships make most of their income from warranty work and recalls. They are hoping you don't mind coming back. Just check the Jeep for and scratches or any kind if dealership inflicted damage.

If you live far away go through the checklist listed above. Try and pick up your car early in the day. Putter around town for half an hour. If no check engine lights and no funny sounds, start your journey home and don't look back. Your local dealership's service center will be glad you had an issue. It makes them feel vindicated & loved. Besides they get to make some easy profit.

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
Where should I be looking for this? Or just check the roof like I will the paint to make sure no stone damage, etc?
Dealers seldom check for transport damage on anything that isn't easily seen on a quick walk around. I would get up so that you can see the top of the roof to check for any paint or damage issues

HogDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2018 JL 2.0T
How can I ensure the cruise control recall is done as well as uconnect update? Asking them doesn’t really mean too much. Pretty easy for them to say yes I would assume
The cruise recall will be in the system. When I picked mine up 2 weeks ago, the dealer couldn't even close out the sale until the recall was completed. Enjoy
Sponsored