Sponsored

Picking up JL Rubicon tomorrow- What can I expect?

OP
OP
Thx1158

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC
a new Jeep.....didn't you test drive one before you bought?
when did you order?

just curious how long your wait was....congrats!
Ordered in late Feb.....still not at the dealer...it was unloaded from the rail transport then we got hit with a hailstorm. All the shipments are on hold till they are checked for damage. The dealer (Huffines in Plano Texas), told me that when its checked, they will review everything and i could place another order if I wanted to. Got to say...the customer service has been excellent so far....
Sponsored

Deleted member 53226

You can expect a major cramp on your face from the non stop grinning.

I traded in my auto sport JL for the Rubicon 6-speed (long story) and find the pick up better with the 4.10s, the ride MUCH better even with the k02s, steering is tighter with the steel steering box and unbelievable ability to climb stuff in 4low with swaybar disconnected in 4 low.

I picked mine up last week after waiting g 6 weeks for it to be built. Pics from the day I picked it up

Congrats and enjoy!

20210313_160651.jpg
Sorry to be the one to tell you brother, but your screen is all messed up. All bumpy and stuff. Take that Jeep back and have them replace the entire radio unit.

A Sober Animal

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
Clubs

I picked up my JLR a few weeks ago! Definitely check the fuses and push them all down. Also air down the tires! The psi in mine was 42. Dropped to 36-37 psi. I would definitely read the owners manual and get accustomed to all the fun stuff on it. Other than that have a blast!
Definitely the tires will be overinflated.
Force the dealer to air down your tires. It says on them they should be at 37, that's something that they can do after you've done your complete inspection of the vehicle and go in to sign the final paperwork.

For me, the only issue I had was a scraped up interior trim on the passenger footwell. I had them replace the entire piece (they pulled a piece of a showroom Rubi). The car should be PERFECT in your eyes when you drive it off the lot; don't compromise on anything at that point.

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Congrats.

You can expect that almost every single fuse in the fuse box will not be completely seated in place. Pop the hood and push them all down into place before you do anything else. Then enjoy your new Jeep.
And all the relays in there too... basically everything in the fuse box... push hard

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
They are the Mopar Heavy Duty Rock Sliders.
I don’t do heavy duty rock crawling but really like these. They aren’t a full step but rather, they provide enough support for passengers to be able step in and get out of the Wrangler without uncomfortably over-stretching upon entering/exiting.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Ok... so my last Rubicon was a JK 2 door with a manual transmission. Loved it...and missed it dearly. I ordered a 21 Two door Rubicon with the 8 speed auto. Aside from being physed to get back into a jeep...what diffrences aside from the interior can I expect?
The major difference is that your bank account will be depleted at a more rapid pace to buy parts

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Amen to this. It's my biggest pet peeve. I took mine off when I got it and the first service I had, they put a new one on. I noticed before leaving and got in an argument with them to remove it right then and there. I hate those so much.
When I went to pick mine up from the dealer the day after it came in, he said "I bet you don't want our dealer sticker on the Jeep" and I said no. But it was great that he asked.

Sponsored

sixspeed

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JL
Ok... so my last Rubicon was a JK 2 door with a manual transmission. Loved it...and missed it dearly. I ordered a 21 Two door Rubicon with the 8 speed auto. Aside from being physed to get back into a jeep...what diffrences aside from the interior can I expect?
As many have said, it drives better but mine, which has not yet gotten the replacement steering parts, still wanders all over the road. You had better have the better steering with a ‘21. Better fit and finish and has some nice options. The 8 speed is quite good. I gave up a manual (see my name) but, to me and maybe not you, it was never very well geared to the engine.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
women will throw their panties at you as you drive down the street. Some times men too...
Just watch for men driving Priuses (they are the panty throwers).
As many have said, it drives better but mine, which has not yet gotten the replacement steering parts, still wanders all over the road. You had better have the better steering with a ‘21. Better fit and finish and has some nice options. The 8 speed is quite good. I gave up a manual (see my name) but, to me and maybe not you, it was never very well geared to the engine.
I rented both JKs and JLs before ordering my JLUR with a manual 6-speed. The 8-speed auto is far superior to the 5-speed that was offered in the JKs so you will really enjoy it. I love my 6-speed and I think the Rubicon's 4.10 ratio helps a lot compared to the differential ratios in the Sports and Saharas.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Just watch for men driving Priuses (they are the panty throwers).

I rented both JKs and JLs before ordering my JLUR with a manual 6-speed. The 8-speed auto is far superior to the 5-speed that was offered in the JKs so you will really enjoy it. I love my 6-speed and I think the Rubicon's 4.10 ratio helps a lot compared to the differential ratios in the Sports and Saharas.
I love my 2021 Rubicon 6-spd!

sixspeed

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JL
I love my 2021 Rubicon 6-spd!
So maybe I should have stayed manual. We go into the mountains a lot from low altitude Arizona. With the 6 speed I had in the JL Sport, it was living hell going uphill or passing cars. I would have to downshift two gears for any power and it still wasn’t like what I get now with the automatic. It would jerk the wife awake which wasn’t pleasant. So that apparently isn’t your experience? Or you don’t have a wife?
Sponsored