Sponsored

Picking up JL Rubicon tomorrow- What can I expect?

OP
OP
Thx1158

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC

Attachments

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Men will fear you, women will love you, yet everyone will be cheerings your name. Valet guy will park your car infront and refused to accept a tip, just for the honor of parking it for you. You will never wipe your own ass again. Welcome to the life brother!

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Men will fear you, women will love you, yet everyone will be cheerings your name. Valet guy will park your car infront and refused to accept a tip, just for the honor of parking it for you. You will never wipe your own ass again. Welcome to the life brother!
women will throw their panties at you as you drive down the street. Some times men too...

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
women will throw their panties at you as you drive down the street. Some times men too...
ya quick tip for that.. when that happens.. highly advise putting the softtop as quickly as possible.. nobody here enjoys skidmarked boxers to the face at 45 miles an hour.. trust me

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
Be sure you get the little Torx tool kit. If it's a hardtop be sure the freedom panel storage bag is there. If they installed locking lug nuts on the wheels, be sure they gave you the key for them too. And ask if they have the lug nuts they removed since when you go offroading you don't need those locking nuts to deal with.

Look the paint, body and interior over carefully. Climb up and look around at the very top of the Jeep. Mine was missing paint above the rear glass hinges (recessed area) on the hardtop which led to a huge pain in the butt getting resolved. The back cover of my driver's seat was broken and had to be replaced too.

Sponsored

JackA

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon; Nacho
Vehicle Showcase
Expect to feel really "high" driving home; it was fun. Charlene and I had to swap vehicles on the way home because even though I won the toss for who drives the JL from the dealership to home she wouldn't quite calling me on the phone asking if she could have a turn!

JohnT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
4-minutemiles.weebly.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-door
Be prepared for whoever "shows you how everything works" not to know how anything works. I downloaded the owners manual the same day I ordered my Jeep and I also watched quite a few videos about Uconnect on YouTube, so their lack of knowledge didn't really bother me.
Dave Schneider at Wellington Motors in Guelph showed me around mine. The man knows his stuff!! Want a jeep and you're in this area - go see Dave.

Marshack

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hvhinsurance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 2018 BMW GSA.
Occupation
Insurance Broker
Ok... so my last Rubicon was a JK 2 door with a manual transmission. Loved it...and missed it dearly. I ordered a 21 Two door Rubicon with the 8 speed auto. Aside from being physed to get back into a jeep...what diffrences aside from the interior can I expect?
You can expect to:

mackh4x0r

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I picked mine up after trading in my manual 4dr rubicon (2015). It's a lot different than the JK lineup. I'll always forever love my JK and all the fun road trips I've had in it. But man, the JL feels solid compared to my last 3 JK's. The brakes, the clutch, the transmission, everything - feels put together. I think you'll be really happy and surprised. I love the red interior.

The keyless entry is awesome. I never take my keys out of my pocket now. The key keeps popping out so I went and ordered this guy: https://www.ajtdesign-llc.com/onlin...013-Wrangler-JL-Gladiator-JT-BLACK-p134527152

I'll have it this weekend. There is a thread about it.

I don't understand why people say their JK couldn't handle 75mph, mine handled it fine... the JLU does just as well!

Good luck.

Sponsored

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Agree with most comments mentioned above. Picked up my 2 dr jlr and had to let air out of tires, had42lbs, dropped to 32. Had to re seat 90 percent fuses. FYI if you have the 8.4 nav system check it out for operation. My lat,lg,alt and gps, did not work and the satellite radio cuts in and out. Get noted right away on delivery. Other than that enjoy.

JeepVT

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Congrats.

You can expect that almost every single fuse in the fuse box will not be completely seated in place. Pop the hood and push them all down into place before you do anything else. Then enjoy your new Jeep.
Picked mine up Monday and several were loose or at least not fully seated

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
My driver side grab handle was so loose it almost fell off, not even exaggerating. I wonder if anyone else had to fix that as well.

Rubi6mt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6mt
You can expect a major cramp on your face from the non stop grinning.

I traded in my auto sport JL for the Rubicon 6-speed (long story) and find the pick up better with the 4.10s, the ride MUCH better even with the k02s, steering is tighter with the steel steering box and unbelievable ability to climb stuff in 4low with swaybar disconnected in 4 low.

I picked mine up last week after waiting g 6 weeks for it to be built. Pics from the day I picked it up

Congrats and enjoy!

20210313_160651.jpg

20210313_160352.jpg
Sponsored