Sponsored

Picking up JL Rubicon tomorrow- What can I expect?

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC
Ok... so my last Rubicon was a JK 2 door with a manual transmission. Loved it...and missed it dearly. I ordered a 21 Two door Rubicon with the 8 speed auto. Aside from being physed to get back into a jeep...what diffrences aside from the interior can I expect?
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Congrats.

You can expect that almost every single fuse in the fuse box will not be completely seated in place. Pop the hood and push them all down into place before you do anything else. Then enjoy your new Jeep.

OP
OP
Thx1158

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired USMC
Congrats.

You can expect that almost every single fuse in the fuse box will not be completely seated in place. Pop the hood and push them all down into place before you do anything else. Then enjoy your new Jeep.
I actually emailed the dealership about the PDI and told them to check all the fuses and that I would double check before accepting the delivery....and NO dealer stickers on the body...LOL. Thank you for the reply....I'm really looking forward to getting it home and starting on my parts pile...

OP
OP
Thx1158

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired USMC
You can expected the 8-speed automatic to read your mind; it is always in the right gear, shifts quickly, smoothly and without any fuss.
My wife will love that....she has always loved the jeeps

Sponsored

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I picked up my JLR a few weeks ago! Definitely check the fuses and push them all down. Also air down the tires! The psi in mine was 42. Dropped to 36-37 psi. I would definitely read the owners manual and get accustomed to all the fun stuff on it. Other than that have a blast!

InsulinMan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
and NO dealer stickers on the body...LOL.
Amen to this. It's my biggest pet peeve. I took mine off when I got it and the first service I had, they put a new one on. I noticed before leaving and got in an argument with them to remove it right then and there. I hate those so much.

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Amen to this. It's my biggest pet peeve. I took mine off when I got it and the first service I had, they put a new one on. I noticed before leaving and got in an argument with them to remove it right then and there. I hate those so much.
They sure are tricky with those things!

Sponsored

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
I actually emailed the dealership about the PDI and told them to check all the fuses and that I would double check before accepting the delivery....and NO dealer stickers on the body...LOL. Thank you for the reply....I'm really looking forward to getting it home and starting on my parts pile...
It doesn't matter what you discuss with the dealer. It is in your best interest to check them yourself or get someone to check them for you. Jeeps have been known to shut down because of this issue. Don't let that happen to you.

Also... Drive the vehicle and make sure you are happy with the steering before you take ownership. Flawed steering has been a big issue with the 2018+ models. It is not as bad as it used to be since they developed a new steering box. However, we still see some complaints on the forum.

At the end of the day, the Jeep is a fun vehicle. Get your family or your special someone and enjoy a long ride to anywhere. Have fun.

OP
OP
Thx1158

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired USMC
It doesn't matter what you discuss with the dealer. It is in your best interest to check them yourself or get someone to check them for you. Jeeps have been known to shut down because of this issue. Don't let that happen to you.

Also... Drive the vehicle and make sure you are happy with the steering before you take ownership. Flawed steering has been a big issue with the 2018+ models. It is not as bad as it used to be since they developed a new steering box. However, we still see some complaints on the forum.
I will check and told them I would physically double check before delivery.... I appreciate all the feedback... I have always regretted not having my Jeep.....no matter how mice the other ride is...its not a Jeep.

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
Ok... so my last Rubicon was a JK 2 door with a manual transmission. Loved it...and missed it dearly. I ordered a 21 Two door Rubicon with the 8 speed auto. Aside from being physed to get back into a jeep...what diffrences aside from the interior can I expect?
You will notice a significant difference in the way it drives. The older JKs were dogs to drive on the Highway and not suited too good for Road Trips. Drove from Long Island to Baltimore couple of times in JKU as my Rental Car and I was always tired because that thing would struggle to hold Highway Speeds on I-95 (about 75MPH or 120 KMPH). Did the same run in the JLU and it was a huge difference. That 8 speed makes it day and night. I believe it is now considered one of the best Automatics in the Automotive Industry right now.

Put up your build sheet or sticker here while you are at it and join the club! Here is my PDF build sheet from July 2019 as a reference. I got almost everything in my JLUR except for the ACC. Mine was one of the first 2020's to have rolled off the assembly line.
Sponsored

Attachments