Picking out 2019 or 2020 Rubicon

Rhinolunch

First Name
Randy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon -
I am in the early stages of trading in for a 2019 or 2020 Rubi. I love the idea of the Sky one-touch top and am 99% sure that is a "must have" for me. I test drove a 2020 Rubi yesterday with the 2.0 turbo and 8 speed auto tranny. Seems like most of the Jeeps I am looking at in my area have that engine. The one I drove had nearly every other package available and drove really good. I was less than impressed with the salesman, but guess I shouldn't be shocked that he didn't know squat about the options, colors available, really anything. All that to say, it looks like ordering exactly what I want is the best option. Any advice? Should I drive another one with the 3.6L V6 for comparison purposes? I am undecided on exterior color.

Fall is coming and I can just imagine driving around town with the family with the top open, rear quarter panels removed, and big smiles on our faces.
I ordered my 2019 JKU Rubicon from the Factory with every option but the smokers kit. I live in Vegas and the Sky One-touch top is amazing. Just got back from a 3000 mile trip thru Nevada and California and even went to the beginning of the Rubicon trail. The ability to open/close the roof on demand is a fun option. I went with the 3.6L V6 option - lifted with 35" and I'm getting 18 MPG's -- I am shocked!!

RockyMtJL

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I suggest driving both as well. I drove a turbo around for 3 days while my V6 was getting tires/tint/clear bra etc. after I purchased it and was very happy I went with the v6 after the time driving the turbo. I really like the responsiveness of the v6 and, yes the turbo gets better gas mileage, but didn't drive as nicely in my opinion.

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2020 C8, 2020 Indian Scout Bobber
your jeep sounds like the one I just got - 2020 JLUR with the 2.0T and sky one touch top. Absolutely love it - the sky one touch is worth every penny.

Advertisement

Superchips TrailDash 3

Advertisement