Picking nits on my JLU Sport

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Retired
I only have a few and they're pretty minor.
  • I wish the rear doors had keyed locks.
  • I wish the tailgate had a lock button on the interior so I could lock it before I close it vs. having to use the key.
  • I wish the all-weather mats were standard. I bought a set from Amazon.
  • I wish all-terrain tires were standard. The stock Bridgestones on mine are decent street tires, but they're next to worthless when you leave the pavement. I replaced four of them with Cooper Discoverer ATX of the same size.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
That is why I'm having a hard time deciding on what I want. I like the base steel wheels/hand crank windows, but I have kid(s) that have to get inside the vehicle at times and manual locks are such a pain. Plus I don't like the "switchblade" key, I would prefer a separate door key and a smaller keyfob if there is no keyless entry. If you're going to make pushbutton start standard, why not at least give us power locks?

2021-Jeep-Wrangler-4xe-PHEV-1.jpg

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
The tailgate is designed that way for a reason, so that when topless the rear can remain locked. Otherwise, the thief to be would just reach in and unlock the tailgate. This is the principle that most of the aftermarket security decks use, with the tailgate holding down the lid of the underfloor storage area and/or the aftermarket boxes.
Sponsored