Sponsored

Picked up our 2021 Freedom! - Clock spring (turn indicator auto-cancel) and the usual backup camera line/guide disappearing act question... Any ideas?

PetePetePete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport (WTB)
Picked up my wife's Wrangler...

Questions abound! (So far only two... but I'm certain there will be more!)

1) It appears there is something wrong with the clock spring (?) - When we activate the turn signal to turn right - then complete the right turn, the signal does not "auto cancel" (meaning, the signal does not return to the off position). It works properly when turning left.

2) Is there a legitimate solution to the reverse guide lines on the backup camera disappearing? When we drove the vehicle at delivery -- they worked. That is the first and last time that they worked.

So far... that's all I have. The plan is to spend some time with the manual and the forums and see what we can learn about uConnect and all the other features.

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Picked up my wife's Wrangler...

Questions abound! (So far only two... but I'm certain there will be more!)

1) It appears there is something wrong with the clock spring (?) - When we activate the turn signal to turn right - then complete the right turn, the signal does not "auto cancel" (meaning, the signal does not return to the off position). It works properly when turning left.

2) Is there a legitimate solution to the reverse guide lines on the backup camera disappearing? When we drove the vehicle at delivery -- they worked. That is the first and last time that they worked.

So far... that's all I have. The plan is to spend some time with the manual and the forums and see what we can learn about uConnect and all the other features.

Thanks for the help!
The clock spring does not cancel the turn signal, it is the electrical connection to the steering wheel controls and allows for the steering wheel to turn while maintaining the electrical connection. Turn signal cancelation is usually part of the turn signal switch.

OP
OP

PetePetePete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for clearing that up.
I assume it should cancel in both directions like a normal vehicle?

OP
OP

PetePetePete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why dashed one way and solid the other?

Sponsored

OP
OP

PetePetePete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Check your fuses and push down on every single one of them.
How would that change the mechanics of the turn signal switch not cancelling the blinker when turning right only?

(Not being snarky, but would like to know for real...)

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Why dashed one way and solid the other?
Those symbols are for the high beams. Solid is high beam on. The other is high beam flash to pass.

If you have an issue with your turn signals, take it back to the dealer and have them check it out. You have a brand new vehicle which is covered by a warranty.

As for your backup camera lines, make sure that setting hasn’t been disabled in the Uconnect radio settings. If the setting is enabled, then have the dealer look into this issue as well. It might be as simple as a radio software update.

OP
OP

PetePetePete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10-4. My plan is to drive it a bit and see if any other Gremlins show up. Then make an appointment to deal with the little "punchlist" items. So far it's only the reverse lines and the signal switch.

Anything else I should be looking at? So far I'm very impressed with the ride and fee l of the vehicle.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Anything else I should be looking at?
If you have no other issues, then no.

Just make sure to check that all fuses and relays in the fuse box under the hood are seated properly. Open the hood, remove the fuse box cover and press down on each fuse and relay one by one.

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
Thanks for clearing that up.
I assume it should cancel in both directions like a normal vehicle?
yes u clearly have a problem there..imagine a brand new vehicle.. theres an issue with the switch in the steering column ..most likely.. they will have to fix it

Sponsored

nmonson

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
As for the back up lines, I picked my JLU up in May and they did the same random disappearing act. It is a UConnect software issue that you should get an update for. Mine OTA updated about 2.5 weeks ago and my lines have been back without fail since then (knock on wood).

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
My back lines have gone on and off in the 3 months since i have bought it. It is a normal 'glitch'

OP
OP

PetePetePete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there a trick to getting the update OTA?

nmonson

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Is there a trick to getting the update OTA?
There is a thread in these forums about the back-up line issue. Some people have reached out to JeepCares and opened cases with them to try and get expedited. I just waited and one day it was there.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
10-4. My plan is to drive it a bit and see if any other Gremlins show up. Then make an appointment to deal with the little "punchlist" items. So far it's only the reverse lines and the signal switch.

Anything else I should be looking at? So far I'm very impressed with the ride and fee l of the vehicle.
Hey there,

If you run into any concerns while working with your dealer to get all of your concerns addressed, feel free to send our team a message so we can look into it for you!

Courtney
Jeep Cares
Sponsored