First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Hey there,

sorry for hijacking the thread, but I was curious and looked up the numbers: they show some (old) Chrysler parts?! Is that because the XR fender flare extensions are not on order yet?

Thanks for any feedback!
Correct. The books are not loaded yet according to product manager on FB.
Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
3-3.5 is what a non rubicon sees with the mopar lift (rubicons see 2 inches). the XR rubicon gets a 1.5 lift. It looks taller then expected.
That is simply not true. On my JLUR, which is the heaviest configuration (steel bumpers, hard top, enhanced rock rails, Alpine subwoofer, etc. I saw 3" of lift from Mopar. The "2" Mopar Lift" is just a name, to enable Jeep to say they can exclude from warranty any lift that is more than 2".

The lift was always a 3" lift on a heavy Rubicon and 3 and 1/4" on a light Rubicon and 4" on a Sport.

Don't confuse the name on the lift with the actual lift height.

vegasblue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Just a note on those N-fab steps for those considering. They are most definitely NOT to be confused with rock rails. I think they are a fantastic looking product. I can't speak to rust issues as I live in Vegas. I had them on my 4Runner and liked them. ...and then I got stuck because of the low hanging fruit and bent them to high hell. Luckily no body damage. Just a word to the wise. I'd run them if I knew I wasn't going to play in the rocks ever. Jeep looks fantastic OP!

Overwatch

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR, Sarge Green 392
Great looking ride and thanks for the info! Quick question, how is the view out the back now that you have 35s on there? Not that i get a lot through my JKs rearview mirror but I had been hoping to still see some things....

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
That is simply not true. On my JLUR, which is the heaviest configuration (steel bumpers, hard top, enhanced rock rails, Alpine subwoofer, etc. I saw 3" of lift from Mopar. The "2" Mopar Lift" is just a name, to enable Jeep to say they can exclude from warranty any lift that is more than 2".

The lift was always a 3" lift on a heavy Rubicon and 3 and 1/4" on a light Rubicon and 4" on a Sport.

That seems to go against the general consensus from this forum and the hundreds of posts about the mopar lift. Regardless, your Jeep looks great and it was a no brainer for Jeep to release this package.

Sponsored

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
You're absolutely right with this statement. Those of us with the 4xe Rubicon and the Mopar "2 inch" lift are only seeing 1" increase. It's more than a bit disappointing.

I'm interested in the XR package in general and would have ordered it for the 4xe if available.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
That seems to go against the general consensus from this forum and the hundreds of posts about the mopar lift. Regardless, your Jeep looks great and it was a no brainer for Jeep to release this package.
Yep. I would have loved to have those 4.56 gears, bigger brakes, stronger axles, iron knuckles and even the fender lips on the Xtreme Recon, though. I think that is incredible value even if you end up putting a lift and 37s on top of it.

I think there has been way too much attention/discussion on the amount of XR "lift" and not a lot of attention on all the other goodies.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
They will be available to order in December according to wrangler product lead on FB group. He stated they are on restriction at the moment. Probably to ensure they can meet new build requirements.

7A097653-D9F8-485F-AAA5-45AE290BA7A2.jpeg
How do we install them? Pull the plastic rivets from the standard fenders and reinstall them with the strips?

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
How do we install them? Pull the plastic rivets from the standard fenders and reinstall them with the strips?
Pull existing rivets place flare extensions and reinstall new rivets from what I can tell.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Question is, would tire shops balk at mounting 37s on it? Most (all?) 37s seem to say minimum rim width is 8.5".
The big chain stores might, my local shop had no problem installing 37x12.50r17 on stock Rubicon wheels.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
The shock Eye 2 Eye length is 21 inches. That’s with nothing loaded in the jeep and about a half tank of gas
Nice. Thanks for checking this.

FWIW: my 2.0 JLR with a winch & OEM steel bumpers is at 20". Stock it was +21".

OP
OP
Richris1

Richris1

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon 392
Just a note on those N-fab steps for those considering. They are most definitely NOT to be confused with rock rails. I think they are a fantastic looking product. I can't speak to rust issues as I live in Vegas. I had them on my 4Runner and liked them. ...and then I got stuck because of the low hanging fruit and bent them to high hell. Luckily no body damage. Just a word to the wise. I'd run them if I knew I wasn't going to play in the rocks ever. Jeep looks fantastic OP!
agreed. I’ll never be crawling over rocks with these installed, just light off-roading, trails, streams , etc….
Great looking ride and thanks for the info! Quick question, how is the view out the back now that you have 35s on there? Not that i get a lot through my JKs rearview mirror but I had been hoping to still see some things....
The view is good actually (IMO), and it was something that I noticed. I think the JK with a 35” or larger on the rear gate, has much worse visibility.
Sponsored