Sponsored

Picked up my Hydro JLUSA at Gupton today!

Caseman2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for jeep
Did he ask why you weren’t buying a rubicon? Jk lol. Congrats on the new Wrangler. See if you qualify for the BonusDrive money.
What makes you qualify for it? Do you have to have a jeep to a jeep?

I am going 15 Silverado to a 21 wrangler.

Caseman2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for jeep
Man I went back and forth on the Rubicon. Ultimately went with the Sahara Altitude for a few reasons:

1. I *despise* the red interior accents of the Rubicon. And the only way to get rid of them fully (including the stitching) is to order a tan leather interior ($1.7K) to get grey accents, and then order Katskinz to go back to black leather ($1.7K) so I'd be spending nearly $4K of the purchase price just to get the interior how I want it.
2. This is literally my first Jeep and my first 4WD vehicle. I have no clue why I would want the offroad extras that the Rubi offers, other than because it's a Rubi
3. This will be my daily driver, with occasional weekend offroad trips. My offroad trips will be limited to the "bunny trails" because I need to also be able to drive this thing home afterwards.
4. Sahara vs Sahara Altitude was ~$400 difference with my chosen features, otherwise I'd have just gone with the regular Sahara

The Rubicon is a great package and I could've easily gotten one for the price I paid, but it would have been waaay overkill and I'd have hated sitting inside of it. :)
I 100% agree the red interior does not go with the blue I feel. That's why I couldn't do blue.

Jeep-her

First Name
Lonna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 JK - HBPC SportS / Ordering '21 JL - HB Sahara
FWIW the red dash panels can be swapped relatively easily. The black leather with red stitched panels can be had for $350, and the stock red ones sell on the forum pretty much instantly for $175. My wife hated the red dash too especially because we have a sarge green rubi, and I was iffy on it, so we decided we would go that route. However we really don't mind it now, and honestly half the time I don't even notice it.

I debated on a willys or rubicon as well. Glad we went rubicon though with the shenanigans we found ourselves in on Steel Bender/Elephant Hill/Top of the World in Moab. The situations we used them could have been done without a locker(s) but the locker allowed us to be much more controlled and precise. Not to mention how much nicer it is to disconnect the swaybar without getting down in the dirt/mud like with a manual disconnect.

Either way, Gupton was fantastic to us as well. Went with their financing and still ended up with a better rate than FCA was offering. Hard to be mad while walking out the door at about 7 grand less than MSRP
Your in my back yard. I just ordered with Mike at Mall of GA, hopefully it goes smooth! Not that I minded the TN road trip just thought I would keep it a little more local.

@rcadden I'm a little nervous about the blue top too as my JK has the black top/fenders/wheels...but I do love the color! I'm with you on the red accents on the Rubi, I couldn't do it!
Nice ride, enjoy!

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
What makes you qualify for it? Do you have to have a jeep to a jeep?
1) Purchase/lease new Wrangler
2) Trade in/sell and provide proof of ownership of non FCA vehicle traded in or sold for the Wrangler
3) Proof of affiliation with a company that supports the BonusDrive program

This MUST be done within the first 60 days of ownership. The earlier, the better. It takes almost four weeks to receive confirmation and then another four to receive a $250 check. I used Allstate to qualify.

https://bonusdrive.com/

Sponsored

OP
OP
rcadden

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

@Caseman2 @Notorious Chase is also a pretty common one that qualifies. I used my Chase checking account and got approved quickly/easily.

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel
Your in my back yard. I just ordered with Mike at Mall of GA, hopefully it goes smooth! Not that I minded the TN road trip just thought I would keep it a little more local.

@rcadden I'm a little nervous about the blue top too as my JK has the black top/fenders/wheels...but I do love the color! I'm with you on the red accents on the Rubi, I couldn't do it!
Nice ride, enjoy!
We almost did the same. I believe it was 1% less under invoice but it would have saved us the 250 mile drive from Woodstock. Hopefully it is quick for you too!

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 4R but hoping for a JLU
Probably a dumb question but does Gupton have the option to electronically sign the documents (like I could do on a mortgage application I had once)? Having to fly to TN to sign for delivery would negate a big chunk of savings going through them. I would see about having the vehicle shipped to my home (about a grand) and I'd still be far ahead than anything my local dealers in NH are offering me.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Is there a contact person, email for Gupton?

What is there current deal? Any deposit?

I just sold my JLUR, looking to order a Recon.

Sponsored

BagPipesActual

First Name
BagPipes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Sahara ..2021 JL Rubicon (Ordered)

What is there current deal? Any deposit?

I just sold my JLUR, looking to order a Recon.
[email protected] is who I worked with.

8% under invoice.(thats with the tread lightly and fininancing through them) Thousand dollar deposit. Just ordered mine last week and so far they have been easy to work with.

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm working Renee now and my first call was a bit of a disappointment. She probably felt I was on a fishing expedition rather than a serious buyer (because of where I live perhaps?) but I submitted my build and am awaiting a quote. [email protected]

OP
OP
rcadden

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

@L1011 don't take it personally - Renee was friendly but all business when I was there. Daniel is the smile factory. Walter is just a good ol' boy. At least that was my experience.

What matters ultimately is the deal, imo. And I can attest that it's good.

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Since we're all talking about Gupton, were I to order from them, any suggestions on who to use to transport it to NH?
Sponsored