Sponsored

Picked up my Hydro JLUSA at Gupton today!

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Easiest, smoothest process ever. Daniel and team have it down to a science, AND I got to meet a fellow forum member @IAJeepguy picking up his sweet Rubi! Great intro to Jeeping.

Jeep Wrangler JL Picked up my Hydro JLUSA at Gupton today! 20210717_094532
Sponsored

Last edited:

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Sent them an email with the exact build I wanted to order.
They never responded.

OP
OP
rcadden

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Sent them an email with the exact build I wanted to order.
They never responded.
When did you email them? They're *slammed*. They had 45 Wranglers on the lot that all arrived Sunday/Monday - all sold/custom orders. Give them a day or two to respond.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Yep they are amazing. Ordered mine and had it built in 3 weeks. PIcked it up 6-5-21. Renee is amazing also. I love those people.

Only issue I've run into is that it's been going on 7 weeks now and I still cannot register the Jeep in my name with the local DMV because Chrysler Capital has been dragging their feet with paying the taxes. Here in Kentucky, all tax liability has to be paid up front or you can't license/register the vehicle. Since mine is a lease, it's up to Chrysler Capital to get that done and I'm not having any luck with them.

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
When did you email them? They're *slammed*. They had 45 Wranglers on the lot that all arrived Sunday/Monday - all sold/custom orders. Give them a day or two to respond.
It’s been a couple three four weeks now. I already ordered via another dealer that did respond with a good price.

Sponsored

Sponsored

OP
OP
rcadden

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Did he ask why you weren’t buying a rubicon? Jk lol. Congrats on the new Wrangler. See if you qualify for the BonusDrive money.
Man I went back and forth on the Rubicon. Ultimately went with the Sahara Altitude for a few reasons:

1. I *despise* the red interior accents of the Rubicon. And the only way to get rid of them fully (including the stitching) is to order a tan leather interior ($1.7K) to get grey accents, and then order Katskinz to go back to black leather ($1.7K) so I'd be spending nearly $4K of the purchase price just to get the interior how I want it.
2. This is literally my first Jeep and my first 4WD vehicle. I have no clue why I would want the offroad extras that the Rubi offers, other than because it's a Rubi
3. This will be my daily driver, with occasional weekend offroad trips. My offroad trips will be limited to the "bunny trails" because I need to also be able to drive this thing home afterwards.
4. Sahara vs Sahara Altitude was ~$400 difference with my chosen features, otherwise I'd have just gone with the regular Sahara

The Rubicon is a great package and I could've easily gotten one for the price I paid, but it would have been waaay overkill and I'd have hated sitting inside of it. :)

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
The Rubicon is a great package and I could've easily gotten one for the price I paid, but it would have been waaay overkill
I was just teasing you but yes, I agree with what’s in quotes above. I’m a firm believer of living purposefully and while I admire the Rubicon, for my present needs the JLU Sport fit the bill better.

OP
OP
rcadden

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I was just teasing you but yes, I agree with what’s in quotes above. I’m a firm believer of living purposefully and while I admire the Rubicon, for my present needs the JLU Sport fit the bill better.
No worries, I got your meaning. I wasn't being defensive, lol. Just sharing the reasoning, as it was something I heavily debated while researching trims/options. A similarly-equipped Rubicon would have only been a few thousand more, and I considered it. Even considered a 4xe Rubicon, as I *love* the blue accents (especially with the Hydro Blue paint), but that was tipping the high end of what I wanted to spend. This Sahara will likely be handed off to one of my daughters when they turn 16 (they're both still in elementary school), so at that point I may opt for a Rubicon, but for now I figured a Sahara is a great introduction to Jeep Life.

OP
OP
rcadden

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

@Notorious Tell you what though, @IAJeepguy knows how to build them. EcoDiesel Rubi, half-doors package (drool), steel bumper, LED, the whole shebang.

Mine was sitting right there and I was *still* drooling a bit over his, lol.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Granite undoes it for me. Now if it were hydro blue… 🤤
Sponsored