Sponsored

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
To each their own but if you look at the majority of Jeeps that are doing serious rock crawling will disagree with you, it`s not a matter of stiffness depending on the manufacture it is about the construction of the tire and the E range having a different material or process to prevent puncture from rocks. Like I said to each their own even as far down to what tire pressure suites them best. I have used Tire Talc and chalk to see just how much contact area I had at different psi. I have run C,D, And E range tires on my Jeeps, JK, JL and with the E range deflated down on both the front and rear driving down the highway it was hard for me to tell the difference between the 315/70/17 C (35) And the 35X12.50X17 (E) range. If you ran them in the upper 30 psi I would say you would notice the difference. This is just my opinion, everything comes into play with this from temperature, shocks, vehicle weight and distribution, road construction weather pavement or concrete etc. and don`t forget maximum MPG`s
I know of a lot of people on the Raptor forum will not change to a d or E rated tire because Ford worked BFG in designing a C range tire for that truck and it`s suspension. Bottom line is you have to find the combo that works for you depending on what you are using it for. And if you called Tire Rack and spoke to two different salespeople you might just get two different opinions right from the start

https://tirereviewsandmore.com/bfgoodrich-all-terrain-ta-ko2-reviews/

ford use 315/70r17 C rated to save money and better mpg rating. it's not a 35 in but their marketing advertising 35 in tire. shady.
Sponsored

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
ford use 315/70r17 C rated to save money and better mpg rating. it's not a 35 in but their marketing advertising 35 in tire. shady.
Well if you take some time and just for chuckles go on to Tire Racks site and look up tire specifications from ANY tire manufacture and see the true footprint and width and overall diameter. If Ford did not go through all of the trouble of having BFG design a LIGHTWEIGHT 315/70/17 tire that measures 34.5" for the Raptor and list it as a 35" tire. The listed 35"x12.50x17 tire is also only 34.5 and the 37"x12.50x17 is 36.5 in diameter, 285/70/17 isn`t a 33", it`s 32.5"

If you take the time and look a several manufactures the are all the same and some are even smaller in diameter then the listed size. Dick Cepek D rated Trail country 35X12.50X17 is 34.5 but a D rated tire
GoodYear Wrangler Spec`s,
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/Spec...25QR7WDT&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

I would bet it's not about MPG`s and more about unsprung weight. Have you looked at a Ford Raptor`s fuel economy rating o their sticker???
My Raptor shows 15 City, 18 Highway and 16 combined. If they went with a E range tire and ran it a 45 psi I would possibly bet that the truck would have received better MPG`s and rode like crap to obtain that.Check out the Ford Raptor Forum to see what people have run to increase mileage

I also would guess that people who are buying a Raptor are not in it for fuel economy and most likely the same with the people (myself included on the Raptor and the 392 Wrangler) have not chosen that particular model for it`s high fuel mileage. Maybe a f-150 with a 2.7 V-6 with a 3:23 gear ratio and not a 3.5 V-6 TT with a 4:10 gear ratio. And Jeep wise, not a rubicon with a v-6 with 4:10 gears or a 392 Hemi with 3:73 gears. These are not the models you want if it`s fuel milage that you are going for

Also look at the milage change that people who are changing out the tires on their Wrangler 4Xe`s are losing in range by going with a larger tire. It all depends on what you are looking to get, maximum MPG`s, stick with the factory recommendations or get a Prius. It's not always about MPG`s,it can be about how the truck is set up suspensions wise from the factory such as the Raptor or what the Wrangler 4Xe is using to obtain a 50 mile ability on a single charge or right down to the people who look at the mpg`s or should I say don`t look at the MPG`s and they are running 37"`s or larger on a wrangler with a turbo 4 cyl or V-6

Mtpockets

First Name
MT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4-Door
You think the Raptor gets bad mpg?

I thought about buying a new 2021 Toyota TUNDRA. But then I read 13 City, 17 Highway!😩

DJDirubbo

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MB e63, 2021 392 Rubicon, 2018 F250 platinum
Picked up mine on Thursday. Put fuel ammo rims with -12 offset. 35 x 12.5 bf goodrich ko2 tires. Lights and brush guards coming later. May bump up to 37’s once these wear out. Drives and handles great. Power is RIDICULOUS! Sounds amazing. The engineering that went into this Jeep needs to be acknowledged. Wow, just wow.

2D04954C-2A5A-4C64-A49D-866479BE155E.jpeg

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
Picked up mine on Thursday. Put fuel ammo rims with -12 offset. 35 x 12.5 bf goodrich ko2 tires. Lights and brush guards coming later. May bump up to 37’s once these wear out. Drives and handles great. Power is RIDICULOUS! Sounds amazing. The engineering that went into this Jeep needs to be acknowledged. Wow, just wow.

Jeep Wrangler JL Picked Up My 392 Yesterday! 2D04954C-2A5A-4C64-A49D-866479BE155E
nice!! I ordered white, but I am really liking that green. Wishing I could change out. Looks great-👍

Sponsored

Mtpockets

First Name
MT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4-Door

Jeep Wrangler JL Picked Up My 392 Yesterday! 2D04954C-2A5A-4C64-A49D-866479BE155E
Are you selling your stock rims?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Are you selling your stock rims?
MT. Too bad you are in Mass. A set just come up here in TX on FB marketplace. Guy is asking $2K

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
You think the Raptor gets bad mpg?

I thought about buying a new 2021 Toyota TUNDRA. But then I read 13 City, 17 Highway!😩
Like I had mentioned, all depends on what you plan on using it for,

Your Jeep looks amazing, the 35"s look like they should have been a factory option, along with the 37"s. Great ride and I`m happy for you, I`m told mine should be in any day now, Firecracker red was my choice and I don`t understand why they went back to the JK Hydro Blue and not the JL Ocean blue?? Anyway Having owned a Rubicon in the past with the standard V-6 (non eTorque)and 8 speed automatic with the stock Rubicon and the 33" tires it felt like it had a decent get up and go with the 4:10 axle ratio, and even after I went up to 35"s it still felt like it had decent power. Now with the 392 the axle ratio is the same as I had in my 15 Wrangler 3:73, in the V-6 Wrangler with the 5 speed automatic and 3:73 gears and 35" tires it left a lot to be desired, thankfully I chose a RIPP Supercharger and it really woke it up.

Long story short when my Jeep ended up going back I bought a Ford Raptor, Twin turbo V-6 450 hp and 510 ft lbs torque at the motor along with a 10 speed automatic,4:10 gearing 315/70/17 BFG 35" tires and with a very mild custom tune it brought it up to 483 hp at the wheels on 91 octane and a little more with 93 octane. I love the power of the truck and it`s not that often you can buy something off the floor with some serious hp unless you dump a lot of $$$ and have a factory warranty

My question is how did it feel driving it with the 33"s and the 3:73 gears? It looks like it was begging to have 35"s put on it and you have showed that it is the way to go. With the 35"s how much of a difference did you notice from the 33"s ? I talked to my deasler about having the 35"s installed before I pick it up and it`s not an issue and for a fee of I believe $139.99 they will reprogram the speedometer to match the tire size, I think it`s quite a bit for something so simple andI have considered calling Z-Automotive to see if one of their Tazer programmers would work on the new 392.
I wish you the best with your 392 and can`t wait till mine arrives, do you mind if I ask what options you went with? I chose the remote proximity, front trail camera, hardtop headliner and the tow package. I did not get the Sky One-Touch Power Top and went with just the basic color matching hard top.
Thanks again for sharing your experience with the rest of us, very much appreciated

Sponsored

DJDirubbo

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I had mentioned, all depends on what you plan on using it for,

Your Jeep looks amazing, the 35"s look like they should have been a factory option, along with the 37"s. Great ride and I`m happy for you, I`m told mine should be in any day now, Firecracker red was my choice and I don`t understand why they went back to the JK Hydro Blue and not the JL Ocean blue?? Anyway Having owned a Rubicon in the past with the standard V-6 (non eTorque)and 8 speed automatic with the stock Rubicon and the 33" tires it felt like it had a decent get up and go with the 4:10 axle ratio, and even after I went up to 35"s it still felt like it had decent power. Now with the 392 the axle ratio is the same as I had in my 15 Wrangler 3:73, in the V-6 Wrangler with the 5 speed automatic and 3:73 gears and 35" tires it left a lot to be desired, thankfully I chose a RIPP Supercharger and it really woke it up.

Long story short when my Jeep ended up going back I bought a Ford Raptor, Twin turbo V-6 450 hp and 510 ft lbs torque at the motor along with a 10 speed automatic,4:10 gearing 315/70/17 BFG 35" tires and with a very mild custom tune it brought it up to 483 hp at the wheels on 91 octane and a little more with 93 octane. I love the power of the truck and it`s not that often you can buy something off the floor with some serious hp unless you dump a lot of $$$ and have a factory warranty

My question is how did it feel driving it with the 33"s and the 3:73 gears? It looks like it was begging to have 35"s put on it and you have showed that it is the way to go. With the 35"s how much of a difference did you notice from the 33"s ? I talked to my deasler about having the 35"s installed before I pick it up and it`s not an issue and for a fee of I believe $139.99 they will reprogram the speedometer to match the tire size, I think it`s quite a bit for something so simple andI have considered calling Z-Automotive to see if one of their Tazer programmers would work on the new 392.
I wish you the best with your 392 and can`t wait till mine arrives, do you mind if I ask what options you went with? I chose the remote proximity, front trail camera, hardtop headliner and the tow package. I did not get the Sky One-Touch Power Top and went with just the basic color matching hard top.
Thanks again for sharing your experience with the rest of us, very much appreciated
@richk225 lots of questions let me attempt to answer
1) only difference between 33 and 35’s was the feel on road, absolutely no difference in power or performance. The bigger, wider tires feel more solid, yet more comfortable, if that makes sense.
2) I would buy a tazer, I plan on grabbing one in a couple months once they have had more time to refine the programming. The tires are only slightly larger so the speedometer and shifting aren’t that far off. I would say I will bump up to 37” tires once these wear out.
3) same options as you except I have the one touch top, satin black grill, & reinforced hinge gate. I think were the only options. I thought it came with the proximity sensor, but I have that too.

The leather seats are super comfortable, bolsters are great. Had the windows tinted to 35% today. Will keep updating the mods. Reach out with more questions.

good luck with your 392, you will love it.

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!

2D04954C-2A5A-4C64-A49D-866479BE155E.jpeg
Just beautiful! I saw the -12 offset on the Fuel Ammo's, (thanks for including that btw), but are those 17's, or 18's, and are they 9 inches wide?

How far outside the fenders would you say they sit? I really like the stance, and the proportion of the wheel size to tire size on yours.

DJDirubbo

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just beautiful! I saw the -12 offset on the Fuel Ammo's, (thanks for including that btw), but are those 17's, or 18's, and are they 9 inches wide?

How far outside the fenders would you say they sit? I really like the stance, and the proportion of the wheel size to tire size on yours.
@Rob97RR they are 18x9 and stick out almost 2 inches. thanks, I love the stance.

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
@Rob97RR they are 18x9 and stick out almost 2 inches. thanks, I love the stance.
Thanks David, much appreciated! I think is exactly the width/stance I'm chasing. Looks fantastic on yours!

Any chance you've got more pics available that you'd be willing to share?
Sponsored