hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, I just measured the bolts on the inside of the front LCA and I’m seeing 24” exact. Hope that helps.
Thanks. Just to verify. Was that center of bolt to center of bolt?
Sponsored

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Toyo Open Country AT3 in 35x11.5. Wanted to try and stay with a C load range tire.
Hey quick question, what's the advantage to C load range tires? Smoother ride? Less weight?

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Hey quick question, what's the advantage to C load range tires? Smoother ride? Less weight?
Yes both smother ride and less unsprung weight. Lower the weight, the easier it's on the drive train, but that won't be an issue. Depending one how much weight you save you can feel it on acceleration. With this engine I don't think you'd notice a 5lb difference, but I bet 10-15lbs you would be able to tell the difference. Not like it won't be able to handle it no problem but you can tell the difference.

Sponsored

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
Well since we are on the subject of a 392 and weight loss, I was wondering how much extra weight involves the sway bar disconnect? What weight loss would be achieved without it?
For my driving needs, I want a Willys with a 392, sort of a street Rod sleeper.
My driving is more Highway and natural disasters, really deep snow and floods.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
The LCRs have the part numbers stamped on them as well, they are not easy to measure and the difference between the stock and Mopar is only .25”

Sponsored

wildallways

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon 392 2021 Ford Explorer ST
I am awaiting the delivery of my 392 and I am looking to do the same as you are doing with switching the tires before delivery, with the dealer doing it they are also say that they are willing to do the speedometer recalibration, I`m not sure if that will really happen or will I have to go the Tazer or other reprogrammer. What tires did you decide go with? Actual 35"s E range or the 315/70/17 C range identical to what came stock on my Raptor? Thanks for the updates and please keep them coming. I am really looking forward to getting mine whenever it gets here
I wavered back and forth between the BF Goodrich All Terrain KO2s and the Mud Terrain KM3s. Finally decided on the BF Goodrich KO2s, 315 70 17, going with the C as that was what was on my 2017 Raptor also and those tires were fantastic. Now if Jeep would just build the damn thing...

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
Yes both smother ride and less unsprung weight. Lower the weight, the easier it's on the drive train, but that won't be an issue. Depending one how much weight you save you can feel it on acceleration. With this engine I don't think you'd notice a 5lb difference, but I bet 10-15lbs you would be able to tell the difference. Not like it won't be able to handle it no problem but you can tell the difference.
The tire rating difference also comes into play depending on what you are going to be using your Jeep for. E range tires when deflated for rock crawling provide more sidewall stability and bite along with a better chance of not receiving any tire damage like sidewall punctures

sardog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler X-Gone, 2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
The tire rating difference also comes into play depending on what you are going to be using your Jeep for. E range tires when deflated for rock crawling provide more sidewall stability and bite along with a better chance of not receiving any tire damage like sidewall punctures
I don't necessarily agree with your assessment. Typically load range C tires will allow your tire to air down more effectively, giving both a better contact patch and allowing the sidewall to flex better and wrap around the hard obstacle, which can often prevent sidewall puncture at least as well or better than a stiffer sidewall. Thickness is not always a true indicator of strength or puncture resistance.

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
I don't necessarily agree with your assessment. Typically load range C tires will allow your tire to air down more effectively, giving both a better contact patch and allowing the sidewall to flex better and wrap around the hard obstacle, which can often prevent sidewall puncture at least as well or better than a stiffer sidewall. Thickness is not always a true indicator of strength or puncture resistance.
To each their own but if you look at the majority of Jeeps that are doing serious rock crawling will disagree with you, it`s not a matter of stiffness depending on the manufacture it is about the construction of the tire and the E range having a different material or process to prevent puncture from rocks. Like I said to each their own even as far down to what tire pressure suites them best. I have used Tire Talc and chalk to see just how much contact area I had at different psi. I have run C,D, And E range tires on my Jeeps, JK, JL and with the E range deflated down on both the front and rear driving down the highway it was hard for me to tell the difference between the 315/70/17 C (35) And the 35X12.50X17 (E) range. If you ran them in the upper 30 psi I would say you would notice the difference. This is just my opinion, everything comes into play with this from temperature, shocks, vehicle weight and distribution, road construction weather pavement or concrete etc. and don`t forget maximum MPG`s
I know of a lot of people on the Raptor forum will not change to a d or E rated tire because Ford worked BFG in designing a C range tire for that truck and it`s suspension. Bottom line is you have to find the combo that works for you depending on what you are using it for. And if you called Tire Rack and spoke to two different salespeople you might just get two different opinions right from the start

https://tirereviewsandmore.com/bfgoodrich-all-terrain-ta-ko2-reviews/
Sponsored