Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I’m envious - I love my Recon build which is one year old today. That said the 392 would be a blast. I just hate the thought of taking the financial hit on my 2020 and then needing again to add skids, winch, tires/wheels, and other smaller goodies like off-road lights and interior things like CCM mounts. Probably would not lift a 392 but it would need skids, a winch, and 315/70/17s at a minimum plus accessory lighting. Have fun and keep us posted....

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
I'm going to take a chance and subscribe to this thread with the hope that we can stay on topic and discuss and drool over this awsome machine. :)

Agreed! And it looks like all the off-topic posts have fortunately been removed, including mine, which I very much appreciate. (Sorry about all that. 😕 )

Now like you said, we can hopefully get back to what we're actually here for, the drooling. 🤤

Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
So why doesn't the Wrangler come with 35s from the factory? They both have the same basic rectangle design.
Probably stability with crash ratings(roll-over tests).

blueweb

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 TJ Rubicon, '22 4xe Rubicon
Probably stability with crash ratings(roll-over tests).
Bigger tires will do the opposite effect of preventing a roll-over since they raise the center of gravity. And not all Bronco models will come with 35s.

wildallways

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon 392 2021 Ford Explorer ST
Looks great. Living through you for the time being till mine gets delivered.

As for the 33s vs 35s its all about the CAFE standards. Jeep will take a hit with their average CAFE rating and even squeezing one more MPG out of it by putting 33s on it helps. Anyone who buys this could care less about MPG. More about the fun factor. Ive had a TrackHawk for 2 years now and I smile every time I hit the gas. I'm sure this will have the same effect on my facial muscles. I'm thankful they finally put a V8 in hit and I've already made arrangements to put 35s on it before I take delivery.

Sponsored

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Looks great. Im doing the same color scheme with the 4xe and the mud tires. Looks a lot better than the ATs. The blue tow hooks are coming off as soon as I get a new bumper.

blueweb

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 TJ Rubicon, '22 4xe Rubicon
Looks great. Living through you for the time being till mine gets delivered.

As for the 33s vs 35s its all about the CAFE standards. Jeep will take a hit with their average CAFE rating and even squeezing one more MPG out of it by putting 33s on it helps.
I don't think CAFE is much of a factor for FCA when it comes down to Hemi vehicles. If this is the cause, then why didn't Jeep put a FAD system on the front axle for the 392? And why is there no 2wd available? Why not just put the 5.7L / 345 inside the Wrangler if the CAFE standard was a big deal?

Swagger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Great looking Jeep. Love the bronze accents! Anyone know where I can get a bronze trail rated badge and Rubicon sticker (other than buying a 392)?