First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
I ordered the 2-door version of that! (with no options)
Sponsored

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Marine, Full-time Overlander.
Fantastic! Congratulations!

Jreycnc

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 3.6/AT JLUR, 21 392
Vehicle Showcase
Story time

My dream car for as long as I can remember was a Subaru WRX. I fell in love with them back in the early 2000's at autocross events as a young teenager. I finally got one a few years ago; my dream car, in my driveway, I couldn't be happier. I quickly got to work bolting on parts and tuning away until I had reached my desired build. It was then that I realized, I couldn't drive it anywhere. How could I let myself use the car like a beater? It was my dream car. I didn't let the dogs come along, I parked in the back of the parking lot, preferably hugging a curb and leaving 3' of space between the other side of the car and the line. I was meticulous about the paint, wheels, and interior. I found myself taking my truck to places where I couldn't guarantee safe parking.

Then 3 years ago, on a whim, I decided to go get another Jeep. Something I could let myself play with. After 3 months and 6,000 miles of ownership, I thought my AC had gone out. It wouldn't cool down the cabin, and the fan was barely blowing any air at all. What a POS! I thought to myself. I ordered up a cabin air filter, pulled out the glove box and extracted the grossest, dustiest, dog hair crusted air filter I've ever seen. I immediately knew it was time to sell the Subaru. I was back! My dream car was a let down, my real love was the Jeep I had when I was 16. A vehicle I could have fun with, without any worries. Take the doors off, take the top off, go explore, run over stuff, and try to get stuck. I was looking for excuses to take my Jeep places, and taking advantage of parking spots that were too narrow for anyone who cared about door dings. I was fine getting some pin stripes in the paint, I wore them like badges. That Subaru only had 9,000 miles on it when I sold it after 2 years of ownership, I did that in 4 months with the Jeep.

I really wish I could have let myself have fun with the Subaru in the same way. The Jeep is just special to me, it gives me a blank check to have fun. I don't feel guilty about little scrapes and bruises. I don't feel sick if a shopping cart bumps the bumper. I'm free!
I enjoyed this. I bought a CTS-V that I owned for 3 years and put 10000 miles on it for many of the same reasons. Looking forward to be being back in a Jeep.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Story time

My dream car for as long as I can remember was a Subaru WRX. I fell in love with them back in the early 2000's at autocross events as a young teenager. I finally got one a few years ago; my dream car, in my driveway, I couldn't be happier. I quickly got to work bolting on parts and tuning away until I had reached my desired build. It was then that I realized, I couldn't drive it anywhere. How could I let myself use the car like a beater? It was my dream car. I didn't let the dogs come along, I parked in the back of the parking lot, preferably hugging a curb and leaving 3' of space between the other side of the car and the line. I was meticulous about the paint, wheels, and interior. I found myself taking my truck to places where I couldn't guarantee safe parking.

Then 3 years ago, on a whim, I decided to go get another Jeep. Something I could let myself play with. After 3 months and 6,000 miles of ownership, I thought my AC had gone out. It wouldn't cool down the cabin, and the fan was barely blowing any air at all. What a POS! I thought to myself. I ordered up a cabin air filter, pulled out the glove box and extracted the grossest, dustiest, dog hair crusted air filter I've ever seen. I immediately knew it was time to sell the Subaru. I was back! My dream car was a let down, my real love was the Jeep I had when I was 16. A vehicle I could have fun with, without any worries. Take the doors off, take the top off, go explore, run over stuff, and try to get stuck. I was looking for excuses to take my Jeep places, and taking advantage of parking spots that were too narrow for anyone who cared about door dings. I was fine getting some pin stripes in the paint, I wore them like badges. That Subaru only had 9,000 miles on it when I sold it after 2 years of ownership, I did that in 4 months with the Jeep.

I really wish I could have let myself have fun with the Subaru in the same way. The Jeep is just special to me, it gives me a blank check to have fun. I don't feel guilty about little scrapes and bruises. I don't feel sick if a shopping cart bumps the bumper. I'm free!
I totally understand!

I own-owned quite a few really fun cars. Mostly sports cars and sports sedans. All were parked in the back of parking lots. :LOL: I owned several Subarus including a 2015 WRX. Like my JLR the WRX was a daily driver. I find I mostly grab the keys to the Wrangler. Makes me question why I have some of the other cars. I park the JLR everywhere. :LOL: Worry free!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Phantomworks

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayenne, Hellcat, 22 Rubicon ordered
I always worry about where I park my other cars. Not my JLR. That is part of the appeal for me. I don't have to really worry about door dings, pot holes, curbs, etc. It is anxiety free driving in a Wrangler!
So true!!

Sponsored

Lusimo

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw x3, Honda civic si
Occupation
Electrician
Clean Rubicon. Love it. Are there benefits to a steel bumper? Or is it more just for looks. I mean it should be cheaper on insurance right?

OP
OP

Phantomworks

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayenne, Hellcat, 22 Rubicon ordered
Clean Rubicon. Love it. Are there benefits to a steel bumper? Or is it more just for looks. I mean it should be cheaper on insurance right?
I got the steel bumper so I can just throw the Warn Winch on without having to upgrade the bumper.

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
👍🏻

DesertDweller520

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon XR
Admirable, my JK yes, but the new one, ugh. Anxiety, at least until the first scratch.....probably should give new owners a script for Xanax.
I got mine the other day and it’s already got a good amount of Arizona pinstripes. You just have to rip the bandage off, it will relieve the anxiety and open the door to more fun
Sponsored