First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
Hi everyone,
So i picked it up on Friday finally...
This morning, I found outside temp is not woking, it showed -20C when I was on the street..... (I'm at Sydney)..after a while it changed to --C. Then auto start/stop is disabled. After that, the check engine light is on..

I had a quick search, I think i have found there is no thread talking about this issue..Thats why I want to make a new one.

1. I think start/stop disabled because of failure of outside temp sensor?
2. check engine light is illuminated and steady, so there is no urgent matter? I called Jeep Penrith, their maintenance department is not working on weekends except SAT morning (till 12pm). I am considering on visiting them next SAT.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this issue?

During my searching earlier, i found it out you can check faulty codes on your JK without any additional tools. Is there anything similar on JL?

Thanks.

edited:
Just find out the air con is not working well. Even at the low, i still feel like just fan is working.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SABLE RHINO

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S 3.6L
Hi everyone,
This morning, I found outside temp is not woking, it showed -20C when I was on the street..... (I'm at Sydney)..after a while it changed to --C. Then auto start/stop is disabled. After that, the check engine light is on..

I had a quick search, I think i have found there is no thread talking about this issue..Thats why I want to make a new one.

2. check engine light is illuminated and steady, so there is no urgent matter? I called Jeep Penrith, their maintenance department is not working on weekends except SAT morning (till 12pm). I am considering on visiting them next SAT.

During my searching earlier, i found it out you can check faulty codes on your JK without any additional tools. Is there anything similar on JL?

Thanks.
Check your fuses, as in ensure they are fully seated and not bouncing around in there...

OP
OP
COKENOGOOD

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
OP
OP
COKENOGOOD

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
Good luck, hope it works out for you!
i believe they are all seated well.....unless someone missing..
Do you know is there a fuse for outside temp sensor?

Sponsored

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Hi everyone,

Thanks.

edited:
Just find out the air con is not working well. Even at the low, i still feel like just fan is working.
Don't do anything, don't drive it. Get it to Jeep.

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
Based on your explanation of the problem, it sounds likely that an open circuit in the temperature sensor circuit may be the issue, whether that be fuse or wiring or sensor. This would likely cause the engine light to come on when the ECU did it's pre-start check. We could go on guessing all night, but I think given the newness of your vehicle, Rubileon is correct. If you don't find something simple, have your vehicle checked by those charged with looking after it during the warranty.

I had a not so different issue when I first picked up my JLUR diesel. The DPF light came on as a drove it out the dealers driveway. It was a Saturday, so no people 'in the know' available to take a look. Clearly with 16kms on the clock the filter was not physically clogged. It had to wait until Monday for the service department to check it out. Clearing and resetting parameters fixed the issue. No way I was going to be doing this myself on a new vehicle. Left wondering though why this was not picked up in the pre-delivery, or am I just unlucky.

OP
OP
COKENOGOOD

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
I’m agree..I called the dealer, said I will drive it to the dealer on Sat morning (service team works till 12pm, not sure if other dealers are the same),

during the weekday, dealer asked me to call Jeep road assistant to see if they can do anything with it.

Steve0

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
I’m agree..I called the dealer, said I will drive it to the dealer on Sat morning (service team works till 12pm, not sure if other dealers are the same),

during the weekday, dealer asked me to call Jeep road assistant to see if they can do anything with it.
Wouldn't be calling road side assistance as this is only RACQ / RACV. Don't let the dealer off the hook, they should sort if for you under warranty & its most likely only something simple anyway. Is your JL petrol or diesel?

OP
OP
COKENOGOOD

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
Wouldn't be calling road side assistance as this is only RACQ / RACV. Don't let the dealer off the hook, they should sort if for you under warranty & its most likely only something simple anyway. Is your JL petrol or diesel?
That’s what I was thinking. I thought road assistants only help with towing or dead battery.

petrol.

Sponsored

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
You have my sympathy! I am up to 5,000k and 4 months without a problem.

Its likely something very simple. Keep us informed.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
Not sure why you would take it on a Saturday when service closes at midday. Best to phone and make an urgent appointment.

As for the air con, mine always starts too warm and takes a while to get to the correct temp.

OP
OP
COKENOGOOD

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
Not sure why you would take it on a Saturday when service closes at midday. Best to phone and make an urgent appointment.

As for the air con, mine always starts too warm and takes a while to get to the correct temp.
Thanks. I’m going tomorrow morning. I will update here after I come back.

OP
OP
COKENOGOOD

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
Based on your explanation of the problem, it sounds likely that an open circuit in the temperature sensor circuit may be the issue, whether that be fuse or wiring or sensor. This would likely cause the engine light to come on when the ECU did it's pre-start check. We could go on guessing all night, but I think given the newness of your vehicle, Rubileon is correct. If you don't find something simple, have your vehicle checked by those charged with looking after it during the warranty.

I had a not so different issue when I first picked up my JLUR diesel. The DPF light came on as a drove it out the dealers driveway. It was a Saturday, so no people 'in the know' available to take a look. Clearly with 16kms on the clock the filter was not physically clogged. It had to wait until Monday for the service department to check it out. Clearing and resetting parameters fixed the issue. No way I was going to be doing this myself on a new vehicle. Left wondering though why this was not picked up in the pre-delivery, or am I just unlucky.
Maybe both of us just unlucky....
hope my problem will be solved today.
Sponsored