Pick Up My Jeep On Friday

jafo_jl

First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Pretty excited and thought this might be an audience that can relate. I got word today that my 2-door, manual transmission, hard top Sport S in Punk'n has arrived at the dealership and I have an appointment to sign and drive on Friday. I ordered on Oct. 23rd and with arrival today, that makes it roughly eight weeks. Not bad I'd say.
Advertisement

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty excited and thought this might be an audience that can relate. I got word today that my 2-door, manual transmission, hard top Sport S in Punk'n has arrived at the dealership and I have an appointment to sign and drive on Friday. I ordered on Oct. 23rd and with arrival today, that makes it roughly eight weeks. Not bad I'd say.
Congrats! I'm a couple weeks away from picking up my first wrangler ever. Excited is an understatement, hahaha! Will this be your first?

OP
OP
jafo_jl

jafo_jl

First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Congrats! I'm a couple weeks away from picking up my first wrangler ever. Excited is an understatement, hahaha! Will this be your first?
Thanks! Yes, my first. Getting it just in time for a little desert getaway. Nothing extreme as I'm new to off roading but a proper welcome home.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! Yes, my first. Getting it just in time for a little desert getaway. Nothing extreme as I'm new to off roading but a proper welcome home.
Same here. Other than some light trail riding in a 2wd pickup, I've never even been a passenger on anything more serious. Like you mentioned, ease into it and let it come naturally with time and experience. Good luck and have fun in the desert!

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Congrats! One day I’ll order a car. We went on vacation in New Mexico, rented a JK, went trail riding, the wife said “you should get a Jeep”, and the day after we got back I picked my Mojito Rubi JL up from what they had on the lot.

If I’d ordered it I would have made a few changes. Cloth instead of leather, HD hitch & harness, LED light option. But no regrets.

TheBrandon

First Name
Brandon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats! I am sure mine will be here any moment (possibly today) but I am going to wait until after the 1st due to taxes in my state. Dang their delays. Ordered Sept 12th.

OP
OP
jafo_jl

jafo_jl

First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Congrats! One day I’ll order a car. We went on vacation in New Mexico, rented a JK, went trail riding, the wife said “you should get a Jeep”, and the day after we got back I picked my Mojito Rubi JL up from what they had on the lot.

If I’d ordered it I would have made a few changes. Cloth instead of leather, HD hitch & harness, LED light option. But no regrets.
Wise man to jump on getting a Jeep the moment you got the green light from the missus. Haha. I went with cloth and the hitch but did not get the LED lights or a larger infotainment system. I wonder if I should have but, oh well, I can always upgrade those components later. Those mojito Jeeps look amazing!

OP
OP
jafo_jl

jafo_jl

First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Congrats! I am sure mine will be here any moment (possibly today) but I am going to wait until after the 1st due to taxes in my state. Dang their delays. Ordered Sept 12th.
Fingers crossed you get it on the 2nd!

parrotheadphan

First Name
Mike (aka Kirk)
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Firecracker Red, 3.6l, 8 spd auto
Occupation
Digital arts & photography teacher
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats! I'm jealous but mine is in KZ S status. Hopefully it will be here soon. Ordered 9/22, built and in I on 11/9, then KZ last week.

Looking forward to seeing pics after you get it. Congrats again.

OP
OP
jafo_jl

jafo_jl

First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Congrats! I'm jealous but mine is in KZ S status. Hopefully it will be here soon. Ordered 9/22, built and in I on 11/9, then KZ last week.

Looking forward to seeing pics after you get it. Congrats again.
Thanks much! I hope you get yours soon.

OP
OP
jafo_jl

jafo_jl

First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
And...it's home! I love it. Drives great (no steering issues). Took to the manual transmission immediately. I couldn't be happier!

I'll try to post a couple pics tomorrow.

zb39

First Name
Brad
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 5500, 2018 Durango GT AWD, 2015 malibu, GMC 3500 Dump, 70 challenger convertible, 2019 2 door rubicon, manual tranny
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement

Next Venture Motorsports

Advertisement