Hamebone

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP 4XE HIGH ALTITUDE
Greetings all,

As you can tell I am new here, I recently ordered a 4xe High Altitude from a dealer that's about 1,000 miles away.

My question is since they build these Jeeps in Toledo, OH (30 min from my house) is there anyway I can pick it up from the factory? It would save them shipping a 1,000 miles away and save me shipping it back. Just wondering if you have heard of anyone doing something like this or if there is a better option.

Back Story:

The dealer I found was through a broker and nobody in the Midwest could come close not even with employee pricing.

I asked the dealer but he said he didn't think he could do it. His answer wasnt very confident.
Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I don't think so, unfortunately. Would be kind of cool.

I know that Chevy offers this service with the Corvette - you actually take delivery at the National Corvette Museum, which is right there next to the factory. They make a big splash about it, take your picture for their FB page, etc.

OP
OP

Hamebone

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP 4XE HIGH ALTITUDE
I don't think so, unfortunately. Would be kind of cool.

I know that Chevy offers this service with the Corvette - you actually take delivery at the National Corvette Museum, which is right there next to the factory. They make a big splash about it, take your picture for their FB page, etc.
That would be good PR for FCA. Just feels like such a common sense request. I don't even want them to prep it or have the nearest dealer do it and I'll pay em for their time. I would imagine shipping back and forth will cost me 7 to 10 days too. I am super excited as this is my 1st Wrangler.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
is there anyway I can pick it up from the factory?
No.
That would be good PR for FCA. Just feels like such a common sense request
Not really. As it is now, JeepCares gets bombarded with
“tell me asshole, where the fuck is my Jeep in the production line? You can’t help me? Fuck you”
requests from people who’ve ordered.

Can you imagine if these impatient and irate people showed up to the factory and started harassing the plant workers? Because they would show up and harass the very people who’s job it is to build their vehicle. Way too much liability.

I suspect that if Jeep ever did offer some kind of a factory delivery option, it would be gimmicky and they would charge a hefty premium ($10k?) because they can, they know they can and people will pay for it.

Sponsored

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
that kind of sucks.

with Porsche you can tour the factory and watch the assembly line. you can even schedule the tour to watch your own car being built. you used to be able to drive your car on their track when you picked it.

OP
OP

Hamebone

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP 4XE HIGH ALTITUDE
that kind of sucks.

with Porsche you can tour the factory and watch the assembly line. you can even schedule the tour to watch your own car being built. you used to be able to drive your car on their track when you picked it.

I'm still going to reach out to them and see if I can pull something off. I'll keep everyone updated.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
that kind of sucks.

BMW also had a program like this, I had a friend who went to Germany and picked up his 3 series. The cost was the same as the destination charge.
Jeep should really offer it. Would be a feather in their hat. Even if the destination was charge was only half, it would be cool to see the factory.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
My Dad has worked there for 37 years and it's difficult to even get a family tour. I can assure you the answer will be no. Plus, the plant isn't setup for receiving your Jeep like this.

Sponsored

Edge Hawk

First Name
Asa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD on order, 2014 JKUR & 1992 M101 CND 2 trailer
Just wait, I bet Ford will have something for the Bronco like that, then Jeep will follow suit.

OP
OP

Hamebone

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP 4XE HIGH ALTITUDE
I applaud your optimism but the answer will still be no lol
BMW also had a program like this, I had a friend who went to Germany and picked up his 3 series. The cost was the same as the destination charge.
Jeep should really offer it. Would be a feather in their hat. Even if the destination was charge was only half, it would be cool to see the factory.
I would still be willing to pay the full destination fees. Something special when companies do something logical. I would be very easy to execute via appointment only.
Sponsored