First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Keeping 373’s ? Or did I miss gearing on the first round?
Yes totally forgot about that. I would regear as well 3.73s even in the 392 won’t be enough especially when I’m towing.
Sponsored

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Great feedback! Couple things.
  • I want to work on my steering and I know purchasing a complete kit is smarter than getting pieces put together a little at a time
  • If I’m going to get a complete kit, I would rather get a 3.5 inch that allows me to grow into more difficult trails than having to circle back and do extra work
  • My current fox 3.0 shocks on my 392 probably are not going to be sufficient enough with the new lift and the additional weight being added. That’s why I chose the upgraded shocks. Maybe there are upgraded ones that aren’t as expensive?
  • Because they’ll be extra space, this will be a good time to get some proper fitting 37‘s and new wheels. I was planning on giving my take offs to my wife anyways and and kill two birds with one stone
  • I really enjoy hitting the trails and would love to find more people to go out with and increase my skills
Typo** meant 2.0 factory 392 shocks

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Typo** meant 2.0 factory 392 shocks
That makes more sense. I was going to say, the 3.0 Fox's are a BEAST and are the baddest shock you can buy pretty much for a JL without custom fabrication. They do ride a bit rough on street, but IMO, are worth it. I was taking small boulder gardens at 40 mph in Moab LOL. Literally came off a 3 foot ledge at like 25 mph and it took all of it.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
That makes more sense. I was going to say, the 3.0 Fox's are a BEAST and are the baddest shock you can buy pretty much for a JL without custom fabrication. They do ride a bit rough on street, but IMO, are worth it. I was taking small boulder gardens at 40 mph in Moab LOL. Literally came off a 3 foot ledge at like 25 mph and it took all of it.
That’s bad ass! I’m going back and forth. If I really wanted to save money. I could just go with a Clayton kit, some new brake pads and the Fox Stabilizer. A lot cheaper for sure.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s bad ass! I’m going back and forth. If I really wanted to save money. I could just go with a Clayton kit, some new brake pads and the Fox Stabilizer. A lot cheaper for sure.
Depends on what you want to do. If you want to go fast in the desert, nothing better than those Fox 3.0's for the money. 2.5's from Accutune will get you very, very close I'm sure... I think the only difference is the ability to take those huge hits. You sacrifice a bit of street comfort for sure.

I'm not too familiar on the lifts. I run Currie on my Gladiator... upper/lower arms with Johnny joints, Currie steering/track bars, etc, and EVO plush springs. Debating on Metal Cloak this time for my 392 but my buddy is still trying to convince me just to go with what we know works.

My hesitation is I don't like the squeaking you get with Johnny joints, and I'm unsure as to the difference in flex between the Metalcloak vs Currie.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes totally forgot about that. I would regear as well 3.73s even in the 392 won’t be enough especially when I’m towing.
I can tell you 4.56's are a dream on the 392, but if I were buying axles I'd go with 4.88's for 37's and 5.13's for 40's, even with the v8.... just to keep the power band in the same place.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
4.56?— standard or finished like Crown racing rock crawlers? Trying to decide myself.🤔

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Give me a call when free. I researched a lot of these myself as well. Our use cases are similar, just different engines.

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
got it got it. so you are going with the 2.5" now then, you gonna love em.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Give me a call when free. I researched a lot of these myself as well. Our use cases are similar, just different engines.
Okay let’s chat tomorrow. I’ll call you after work / gym.
Sponsored