PHOTOSHOPPED Sting-Gray

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR
Why can't one of you Photoshop experts do up a JL Wrangler Rubicon in Sting-Gray?

upload_2017-12-5_17-6-19.png
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
If it looks like that I am buying it.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I like that as well. I nearly purchased a Granite Silver JK in 2016, but the color was too dark(looked black in some lights and at a distance.) I want something that will semi hide the dirt and small scratches from trees/bushes. The White I ended up purchasing and the Billet silver I had before that were perfect at hiding imperfections, but I never really loved the colors. I think a medium between billet and granite would be perfect.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Too close to granite and not nearly as nice as the greenish-tinted Anvil or the bluish-tinted Rhino.

Sigh. :(

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I like that as well. I nearly purchased a Granite Silver JK in 2016, but the color was too dark(looked black in some lights and at a distance.) I want something that will semi hide the dirt and small scratches from trees/bushes. The White I ended up purchasing and the Billet silver I had before that were perfect at hiding imperfections, but I never really loved the colors. I think a medium between billet and granite would be perfect.
I agree. I just could never warm up to the Metallic tone in the Granite color. I would love a good medium gray. The Destroyer gray is lighter than what I want. The swatch doesn't look like Destroyer gray but take that with a grain of salt based on past colors.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
A guy that works in the plant on another forum said he has not seen any of the new colors on the line yet except, ironically, Nacho.

JaybearWL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0t
The nice part about having to put a new roof on my house (and thus wait to buy my JLU) is that I can hold out and get a Pumpkin colored monstrosity.

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
A guy that works in the plant on another forum said he has not seen any of the new colors on the line yet except, ironically, Nacho.
Which means Jeep hasn't even got as far as ordering a sample/proof of these new colors yet.

Jeep needs to do this, to verify color consistency. In particular between the various base materials, like metal parts, plastic parts, fiberglass, etc, since sometimes the paint color changes slightly on them.

BTW, I have a feeling that Sting Gray is going to pretty much be like a shiny gray primer.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I know Walt is familiar with the Wrangler color shenanigans. Until you can order it in the system you can't be sure will exist.

Last year there was supposed to be something called Acid Yellow. A few years ago there was a color called Plum Crazy that showed up 2 years later as Xtreme Purple.

There have been colors that you can only order on a special edition and then the next year it is on everything. Like Anvil and Xtreme Purple.

There have been colors that are only available on a particular trim for one ordering cycle.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up on Sting-Gray becuse i have a bad feeling about it.

I'm only hopeful because it has been a while since they went without a flat or military color.

In the old factory they could only run 9 colors at a time which meant they had to shuffle colors around. Don't know if that is still true. But that chart has 10.

OP
OP

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR
I like it, thanks kurt13. There are plenty of silver and darker colored vehicles, i.e. Granite, on the road these days but nothing in between. I really liked Anvil but will have to settle for what’s available.