Sponsored

Photos: Daystar 2" and 37" KO2s

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Looks great!

Question - did you extend your 3rd brake light up so that it is visible above your spare tire?

I'm able to raise my brake light up when I do not use a relo bracket, but once I put the relo bracket on, there is not enough wire to allow the brake light to extend up. And I believe your RC relo bracket lifts higher than the SmittyBilt bracket I was using.

OP
OP
TJEli

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
More pics. No rubbing yet. I have not had a tire off the ground so time will tell. This is with 2" bumpstop extensions front and rear. I also have Timbren progressive bumpstops in the rear to reduce sag when towing. I am sure this is why I am not rubbing in the rear.
37flex 1.jpg
37flex 2.jpg
37flex 3.jpg
37flex 4.jpg
37flex 5.jpg
37flex 6.jpg
37flex 7.jpg

OP
OP
TJEli

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
Looks great!

Question - did you extend your 3rd brake light up so that it is visible above your spare tire?

I'm able to raise my brake light up when I do not use a relo bracket, but once I put the relo bracket on, there is not enough wire to allow the brake light to extend up. And I believe your RC relo bracket lifts higher than the SmittyBilt bracket I was using.
I did raise the light. You have to pull the heat shrink off the back of the grommet so you can pull more wire through from inside the tailgate.

-Eli

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I did raise the light. You have to pull the heat shrink off the back of the grommet so you can pull more wire through from inside the tailgate.

-Eli
Awesome - any chance you have any photos of what this look like to help me visualize it? Do you still have the seal up against the tailgate?

The photos look great! Checking out the progressive bumps you mentioned, that sounds nice - does that help avoid harsh bottoming out?

Sponsored

OP
OP
TJEli

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
Tire carrier:

RC tire carrier.jpg

The Timbren SES bumpstops are nothing more than a factory replacement that is a little longer and a little firmer. It still collapses but it will also support some weight. They help with sag and control when I tow.

Timbren.jpg
toontow 2.jpg

-Eli

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Eli,

How are you liking your Falcon's? 2.1 if i recall. I want to firm up just a tad but don't want harsh. I'm also thinking of skipping the 2.1 and going to 3.1 but need to call them. I'd like the extra travel but not if it comes with harshness (if that makes sense).

OP
OP
TJEli

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
I am loving my Falcons. They are not harsh at all. Slightly firmer with much more control.

-Eli

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Perfect and just what I'm looking for - thanks for the quick reply.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TJEli

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
What PSI are you running? It looks great!
Right now I am at 29. I may need to go a touch lower but I am waiting until I put a few miles on them.

-Eli

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zj
How does it pull your boat? I’m wanting to do basically the same setup and I have a small duck boat and a UTV that I will be pulling almost every day during the season.

tobyw

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU-R
We haul our RZR around and it does amazingly well. Won't really find 7th or 8th very often, but hums right along in 6th with no issues.

IMG_1843.JPG

Reactions: CP3

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zj
That’s good to see! Your RZR is smaller that my Ranger ,Crew but your trailer is bigger so it should be about the same weight. Thanks for the reply.

OP
OP
TJEli

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
It pulls my 20' pontoon just fine. I have not pulled my fishing boat with the 37s yet. My boat weighs just under 5K lbs.

-Eli
Sponsored