Sponsored

Photographers: Any Tips for Gear Storage?

DaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR
Unfortunately there are not a lot of these internal to the Jeep storage options for the 2 door. With the seat installed and up, there is barely enough room for an overnight bag and off-road basics such as strap, tools, air compressor, let alone camera bags. Part of our frustration with our JKR.

OP
OP
ecentric

ecentric

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 2.0 Ocean Blue
If anyone ever tells you that you can't change your heart, I'm here to prove it to them.

Struggled long and hard on this one, but ultimately decided that more of what I want to be doing is easier with the extra space. At the end of the day, I'm less likely to be rock crawling places with tough breakovers than I am to be doing overnights in the middle of nowhere, hunting sunrises and sunsets, so there you have it.

Thanks for the input to all of you, and @DaK , you called it.

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

If anyone ever tells you that you can't change your heart, I'm here to prove it to them.

Struggled long and hard on this one, but ultimately decided that more of what I want to be doing is easier with the extra space. At the end of the day, I'm less likely to be rock crawling places with tough breakovers than I am to be doing overnights in the middle of nowhere, hunting sunrises and sunsets, so there you have it.

63435C56-2818-44D2-8C5E-35D8A13471A0.gif

Huskywrangler

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Cute dog!

I have a JLR, too, and a 65 pound doodle. I have the Tuffy tailgate box that helps secure items—laptop, etc. It could hold some camera gear, but not a tripod or a large bag.

Pic of my dog in the back with with lockbox:
IMG_6813-X3.jpg

Lock box installed:
IMG_6195-X3.jpg
Do you golf by any chance?? Interested in this box but dont know if the clubs will still fit. (Two sets)

Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Do you golf by any chance?? Interested in this box but dont know if the clubs will
I haven’t golfed in a long time due to my knee. I need to try again! Installing the box directly against the tailgate helps free up space.

Huskywrangler

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I haven’t golfed in a long time due to my knee. I need to try again! Installing the box directly against the tailgate helps free up space.
I know it's a big ask but do you know how much space it takes up into the cargo area? 5 inches or so? My clubs nearly touch the rear as it is. If I propped it up it could take some length out I guess.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT

I was of the same mind, really wanted a 2 door Rubicon, but eventually realized the extra room was a big deal. I bought the cheapest JLU I could find to in case I didn't like it, but I do not regret the 4 door or the base sport. Especially after a two week trip to photograph several National Parks.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I know it's a big ask but do you know how much space it takes up into the cargo area? 5 inches or so? My clubs nearly touch the rear as it is. If I propped it up it could take some length out I guess.
I have weatherstripping behind the box and including that it’s 6⅜” deep.

Sponsored

Germyjimmy

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Teamster/ operating engineer
Clubs

I have a spotting scope to check out birds and really want to mount my tripod to the roof or anywhere really does any one make a mount for a tripod ? Everytime I search only phone mounts come up

Wkaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
I think the lockbox on the tailgate is a good solution as it only takes up minimal space. Check out molle-platform-solutions.com, You can attach a plethora of bags to these panels. I have the fender panels and I used only the main rear cargo tray and made my own brackets for overhead rear of roll bar. Not a quick access to my design but I keep a lot of crap on board. They have rear seat area and front overhead options. Duluth trading has a seat organizer that has a ton of room.

20220117_191045(5).jpg

20220122_124125.jpg

20220122_123933.jpg

20201126_121916.jpg
Sponsored