Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Welcome to the October 2019 JLWF Photograph of the Month Contest! See last month's winner here.

This month's WINNER will have his/her JL Wrangler photo permanently added to the JLWF forum header image rotation and displayed for a month as the JLWF homepage image!

We encourage you all to post a photo (limit one photo per user per contest) of your JL Wrangler. Even if you are not sharing a photo, we hope all viewers of the contest thread will VOTE on the photos by clicking on the "Like" button below the post(s) that you think deserve to win that month's photo contest.

The rules are simple:
  • I will start a new Photo Contest Thread (in the Photos subforum) each month.
  • Only one single photograph can be submitted by a contributor in that given month. If you submit more than one in that month, only your first submission will count.
  • A JL Wrangler must be in the photograph.
  • Provocative/NSFW images are NOT allowed
  • Feel free to describe why you like your photo or provide a background story to it.
  • Viewers can register their approval by clicking the ā€˜Likeā€™ button on the right-hand bottom corner of the post.
  • Viewers can vote on as many photos as they like.
  • The photograph with the most ā€˜Likesā€™ at the end of the month wins.
  • The winner will get his/her photo added to the rotation of header images at the top of the forum and will be the homepage header image for a month! (assuming you want that and provide permission).
  • NOW LET'S SEE THOSE JL PHOTOS!!
Sponsored

cowgirljeeper

First Name
Shaunti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bikini Pearl JLUR, 1997/2001/2-2014 Rams, 1979 Ford, 1978 Ford step-side

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
Occupation
Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
Mill Pool at Little Budworth, UK

7EACE412-45EF-4DFC-8F71-F9BAD0B89991.jpeg
Translation please . . . from UKish to USAish . Loks & Pools & . . . I can't remember what's what (seriously). We have Lakes, Reservoirs, Ponds; heck we even have Puddles (when it rains, you?) - now most of this is just silliness, but I AM curious about the Lok and Pool thing . Is a Lok a Reservoir, and a Pool a Lake ? THANKS.

Sponsored

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Translation please . . . from UKish to USAish . Loks & Pools & . . . I can't remember what's what (seriously). We have Lakes, Reservoirs, Ponds; heck we even have Puddles (when it rains, you?) - now most of this is just silliness, but I AM curious about the Lok and Pool thing . Is a Lok a Reservoir, and a Pool a Lake ? THANKS.
Lol, yes we have Lakes, Reservoirs and Ponds...generally small Lakes.

Iā€™m not sure why thatā€™s called a Pool, I suppose itā€™s a small Reservoir lol. The road where my Jeep is pictured is a man made Dam and the water used to feed a water mill which was behind me when I took the pic.

A Loch is a Lake in Scotland and sometimes in Ireland.

In England we also have Tarns in the Lake District where they also have Lakes lol and Pits which are Ponds!

So to answer your question a Lok is a Loch which is a Lake in Scotland and a Pool is a Lake but may also be a Pond...or a Reservoir lol

Status
Not open for further replies.