First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Thank you. That looks exactly like what I want (i.e. no arm), can you confirm what ball size the phone charger is? I just want to make sure I get the right vent clip (17, 20 or 25.4 mm). TYIA.
17mm
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ghost7th

Ghost7th

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Thank you all for the replies!

I decided on the ProClip Center Dash Mount with the Adjustable Holder for Small to Medium Cases. I am hoping to receive it by the end of the week or early next week. I'll follow up once it's installed and I use it for awhile.

I liked that it could be moved over a larger area of the dash and that it is easily removed if I temporarily don't want it in there for some reason.

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JLUS, 2008 JLUX, 2018 JLUR
Anyone have an issue with the 67d and the universal phone mount where you go to put your phone in the mount and the arm moves? I have it cranked down as hard as I can and it will still move side to side when I try and put my phone in.
I have the same issue with mine. I think it's just the nature of a ball-mount + friction. Once it moves a little (like, before I tightened the đź’© out of it) I think it creates a groove in the ball that just continues to get bigger/looser as time goes on... Mine only moves a cm or two, does your's move more?

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
I have the BulletPoint system in my Raptor and the 67 Designs set up in the Wrangler. Both are expensive, very well built, and very stable.

If I had it to do it all over again I'd go with BulletPoint in the Jeep too, as I found their bundling and pricing more understandable, sensible, and affordable.

CJ7 and 4 wheel drive

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Hello all:

So far the only thing that has disappointed me about my Jeep is the lack of a valid place to keep my phone. I have been using the little cubby hole below the media ports but it is a pain in the ass to get the phone out of some times and with it out of sight I end up forgetting it and having to go back and retrieve my phone once I realize it. I have decided that I need some auxiliary switches so that storage option should be going away soon.

I have spent a few days reading reviews and posts on phone holders and I am still not sure what I need. I was sold on the Bulletpoint ones until I saw a few videos with people complaining about the clamps not staying tight and the rods moving and also that there were some quality control issues with the mounting plates that would make them not fit correctly.

I will never do any rock crawling or crazy speed washboard roads so I don't need an extreme model. I am looking for something affordable that will mount easily (I love how the Bulletpoint one mounts) and will securely hold my phone where I can easily access it if needed.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Search for Panavise. 2

Sponsored

1leftygolfer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD Nacho
Occupation
Retired
I have the same issue with mine. I think it's just the nature of a ball-mount + friction. Once it moves a little (like, before I tightened the đź’© out of it) I think it creates a groove in the ball that just continues to get bigger/looser as time goes on... Mine only moves a cm or two, does your's move more?
For what it's worth - I've had success scuff sanding (don't remember grit #) the ball. Not a lot, just enough to add grit for better clamping.

Go4Low

First Name
Jorel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I got rid of all my clips for magnetic Holder. Works well with Radio

SCOSCHE MPD2PK-UB MagicMount Pro Universal Magnetic Mount Holder for Vehicles, Black (Pack of 2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079W8QKP...abc_4QDE713W068KF7DM3ZME?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Hello all:

So far the only thing that has disappointed me about my Jeep is the lack of a valid place to keep my phone. I have been using the little cubby hole below the media ports but it is a pain in the ass to get the phone out of some times and with it out of sight I end up forgetting it and having to go back and retrieve my phone once I realize it. I have decided that I need some auxiliary switches so that storage option should be going away soon.

I have spent a few days reading reviews and posts on phone holders and I am still not sure what I need. I was sold on the Bulletpoint ones until I saw a few videos with people complaining about the clamps not staying tight and the rods moving and also that there were some quality control issues with the mounting plates that would make them not fit correctly.

I will never do any rock crawling or crazy speed washboard roads so I don't need an extreme model. I am looking for something affordable that will mount easily (I love how the Bulletpoint one mounts) and will securely hold my phone where I can easily access it if needed.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I got rid of all my clips for magnetic Holder. Works well for my Radio mic aswell.

SCOSCHE MPD2PK-UB MagicMount Pro Universal Magnetic Mount Holder for Vehicles, Black (Pack of 2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079W8QKP...abc_4QDE713W068KF7DM3ZME?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
If you upgrade to the iPad Mini Mega Micro Max Ultra you could completely block out that pesky windshield view...:giggle:

Most states will give you a vision obstruction ticket for that view. Be careful.

MandrewSD

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 392
Most states will give you a vision obstruction ticket for that view. Be careful.
That is not my Jeep, I was replying in a funny way and even made fun of the obstructed view. If you are truly concerned you should reply to the correct person.

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Ordering parts now for soon to be delivered Rubi XR. I've decided on 67 design but..... I want to keep my mag safe charging. 67 has lots of options but their mag safe doesn't charge. Yes, I can just plug in my USB apple cord into my phone but that's not what I'm after. Not even concerned with still having wires. It's called mag safe cordless charging but there's still a cord :) I'll have to plug a wire into the mag safe charger anyway. I might at some point go thru the hassle of trying to hide the wire or do what some have done and tap into the cig lighter hot and neg but for now just wanting to mount 67 but still be able mag safe charge.

A lot of the mag safe chargers on amazon have the ball mount but they are 17mm mounts. 67 uses 20mm mounts. They do make a 17 to 20mm converter but trying to avoid that.

Anybody out their using 67 Designs and still mag safe charging?

Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ghost7th

Ghost7th

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
My ProClip came yesterday. It took me longer to find a Phillips head screwdriver to fit the little screws on the mount than it did to do the actual install. I like the fact that I can change the location on the dash as needed.

Pros - Easy/quick install, good quality, holds phone secure, looks good, allows me to still put stuff in my dash junk bin, I know where my phone is now.

Cons - none so far.

**oh, I think it's rained every damned day since I bought my girl. I had one day that I could drive with the freedom tops off and not worry about getting rained on (WTF).

Jeep Wrangler JL Phone Holder Alternatives? phone 1

Jeep Wrangler JL Phone Holder Alternatives? phone 2

Jeep Wrangler JL Phone Holder Alternatives? phone 3

Last edited:

Av8Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
A couple of installation questions. Do you think it would damage or change the flex of the ProClip if you drilled a whole in the "arm" to install a GoPro type mount?

If you mount a cell phone, tablet and camera, for example, how do you power them? I'd rather not run the USB connectors up the front of the dash but I don't want to totally dismantle the dash to run the wires. Is there a way to fish them from behind the dash?

It might be nice to be able to use Apple CardPlay as well.

schwizzie

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

A couple of installation questions. Do you think it would damage or change the flex of the ProClip if you drilled a whole in the "arm" to install a GoPro type mount?

If you mount a cell phone, tablet and camera, for example, how do you power them? I'd rather not run the USB connectors up the front of the dash but I don't want to totally dismantle the dash to run the wires. Is there a way to fish them from behind the dash?

It might be nice to be able to use Apple CardPlay as well.
I ran a usb cable from the center console, under the hand brake area and up behind the dash. It took about a hour. The hardest part was unbolting the center console in the back to drill the hole and fish the wire through the center console.

Jeep Wrangler JL Phone Holder Alternatives? E897E127-626C-410D-94F0-D5B917011F0B

I removed the rubber liner in the bottom and drilled the hole in the rear drivers side corner.

Jeep Wrangler JL Phone Holder Alternatives? B2DCB7AC-A889-4244-B8AA-DA6AE5683170

You only have to removed the AC control module (takes less than a minute), and unbolt the radio. You can fish the wires up from the bottom and easily access the top tray.

Jeep Wrangler JL Phone Holder Alternatives? 38DFD22B-76CA-4B3E-9B51-FADE406CE85D

BATIGE Square Single Port USB 3.0... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CKM7KGK?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

This is the usb cord I used. I installed it back in July of 2020 and it has worked flawlessly.

Jeep Wrangler JL Phone Holder Alternatives? 6A9AE9B6-66A6-4EF7-8D8D-BFB7C84465FC

Finished product. I couldn’t be happier with it.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I ran a usb cable from the center console, under the hand brake area and up behind the dash. It took about a hour. The hardest part was unbolting the center console in the back to drill the hole and fish the wire through the center console.

Jeep Wrangler JL Phone Holder Alternatives? 6A9AE9B6-66A6-4EF7-8D8D-BFB7C84465FC

I removed the rubber liner in the bottom and drilled the hole in the rear drivers side corner.

You only have to removed the AC control module (takes less than a minute), and unbolt the radio. You can fish the wires up from the bottom and easily access the top tray.

BATIGE Square Single Port USB 3.0... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CKM7KGK?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

This is the usb cord I used. I installed it back in July of 2020 and it has worked flawlessly.

Finished product. I couldn’t be happier with it.
This is exactly what I’m looking to accomplish. I would like to have possibly up to three chargers but I would be satisfied with two. Is this enough to charge an iPad Pro over that distance?

WOwen

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WB Hellcat, 2016 Wrangler, 2021 392 Wrangler
I have the Bulletpoint Driver and Passenger side mounts. Use Passenger side mount 80% of time unless the kid uses it. Driver side is great for sideways using maps.
Sponsored