Ghost7th

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Hello all:

So far the only thing that has disappointed me about my Jeep is the lack of a valid place to keep my phone. I have been using the little cubby hole below the media ports but it is a pain in the ass to get the phone out of some times and with it out of sight I end up forgetting it and having to go back and retrieve my phone once I realize it. I have decided that I need some auxiliary switches so that storage option should be going away soon.

I have spent a few days reading reviews and posts on phone holders and I am still not sure what I need. I was sold on the Bulletpoint ones until I saw a few videos with people complaining about the clamps not staying tight and the rods moving and also that there were some quality control issues with the mounting plates that would make them not fit correctly.

I will never do any rock crawling or crazy speed washboard roads so I don't need an extreme model. I am looking for something affordable that will mount easily (I love how the Bulletpoint one mounts) and will securely hold my phone where I can easily access it if needed.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Sholmberg0311

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T
Occupation
Adult baby sitter
I have the PRO CLIP and for me it works awesome and was very affordable.

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
Lots of videos for comparisons. Google "Wrangler JL phone holder".

Here's one...
(warning: Gecko + red dash)

Last edited:

rent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Another vote for Pro Clip. Simple, solid, and reasonably priced. You need a mount that clips onto the dash (can be placed pretty much anywhere between the two center AC vents), and a device holder specific for your phone.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Are you wanting a thing to hold your phone within visibility, or just a good place to put your phone?

I can't help with the former - the whole reason I went for the 8.4" upgrade was for Android Auto so I *don't* have to have my phone mounted anywhere.

Unfortunately, as you've noted, there's not really a great place to put your phone in the Wrangler. Even the center console is pretty small and tough to fit most flagship/larger phones.

Thus, for the latter, my suggestion is one of those "saddlebags" map pocket things that straddles the center console. You'll need to make two small mods to it, but for ~$35, it's as close to perfect as I've gotten.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/joyride-hydro-jlusa-build-thread.76001/post-1615490

An additional mod that's not captured on the link above (cause I'm still noodling over it) is to fill the pockets with two pieces of low-density foam, so I would basically slide my phone in between the two pieces. This would protect my phone a little and prevent it from flopping around in the pocket. However, I'm concerned about the phone getting too hot due to low/no circulation, is why I haven't tried this yet.

Otherwise, the saddlebag pockets is probably your best solution. Wires are still a little messy but I've never forgotten my phone being in there (while I have forgotten it being in the console a few times)

Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I've had ProClip in three previous vehicles, and they're great. However, the 67 designs stuff I put in the Jeep was so good, that I gave away my ProClip mount and got a 67 Designs setup for my F150 as well.

griffinm

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I really like the option from Proclipusa: https://www.proclipusa.com/product/855431-proclip-center-dash-mount. I added a magnet mount and just slap my phone on it. No tape or permanent mount needed. Even though the clip comes with tape, I didn’t use it as the clamp is very snug. My phone has never budged. It’s within easy reach but out of the way so legs and hands don’t hit it.

Sponsored

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmm, guess I'm low tech. I just flip mine upside down next to the parking brake. I have a cord neatly wrapped around the gear shifter with just enough slack to plug in the bottom for Apple Play.

Frank R.

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Hmmm, guess I'm low tech. I just flip mine upside down next to the parking brake. I have a cord neatly wrapped around the gear shifter with just enough slack to plug in the bottom for Apple Play.
Low tech here as well - I just use the cell phone slot that was provided between the front cup holders.

CorvZ061

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
I haven't had any issues with the bulletpoint mount. I just got the one that fits on the left side of cubby.