Phone call on highway with soft top?

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
This will be my first Wrangler, and also my first convertible, so I apologize if this is a dumb question.

How plausible is it to attend a conference call in a soft top Jeep while commuting on the highway? Would the road noise make it impossible if I need to speak and be heard?

I’ll assume top down doors off would be a definite no go. :)
Sponsored

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Red with soft top
I have no problem on the bluetooth phone with the JL premium soft top at highway speeds.. With my JK, If I had to do a call while over 50 mph I would use the apple ear buds. Not warm enough to tell you about the JL yet, but I would expect the same.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Bluetooth tech nowadays is amazing. I ride with a Sena Bluetooth module in my Motorcycle helmet on a naked bike(Lots of wind noise that I can hear) but people don't believe me when I take a call and say I'm on my motorcycle and can call them back when I'm stopped. About the only time people notice is if I hit a big enough bump that takes the wind out of me.
I hope the bluetooth on the JL is just as impressive. It would be nice to ride with the top down and still be able to hold a conversation.
Sponsored