Phone book contacts question

tk1700

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Altitude, 2021 JLUR, 2016 Tundra
Oh man, I've done that about 8 times. They're always gone within 1 or 2 restarts of the Jeep if not the very next. I thought you meant the Uconnect app on your phone.
Mine would keep disappearing too, also the wifes JL they would disappear. I figured out that they disappear when you turn the vehicle off with the phone plugged into one of the USB ports. The dealer say UConnect is up to date so it has to be the phone. I have a samsung S21 and it did it on my previous Samsung phone too. It will delete the phone book and favorites.
Sponsored

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
Mine would keep disappearing too, also the wifes JL they would disappear. I figured out that they disappear when you turn the vehicle off with the phone plugged into one of the USB ports. The dealer say UConnect is up to date so it has to be the phone. I have a samsung S21 and it did it on my previous Samsung phone too. It will delete the phone book and favorites.
I've given up on saving favorites. I have assumed that the disappearing was related to having the phone plugged in... looks like you figured it out, and it is similar to what I have experienced.

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
It would be a neat feature on rentals but not my personal forever ride. Freaking annoying that it's such an afterthought for Jeep to fix their stuff.

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
Maybe I'm just losing my mind.
When I hit the speak button on the steering wheel, and say "call so and so" it says there are no contacts in my phone book. If I hit the green phone button, my contacts are all displayed, but I have to try scrolling they as I drive to find someone.
Is there something I need to do to import my phone book contacts? Using Android auto and I have " share contacts" checked off on the phone settings. It's been driving me crazy since I got the jeep, and I can't find anything in the manual that I haven't done.
Thanks!
If you're using Android Auto you probably just have to say "Hey Google"
With Apple Carplay I just say, "Hey Siri"

OP
OP
Yzfguy

Yzfguy

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand cherokee , wrangler JLU Willys
If you're using Android Auto you probably just have to say "Hey Google"
With Apple Carplay I just say, "Hey Siri"
Gonna try that!
On my 2014 grand Cherokee, I plug the phone in and I have full use of my phone thru the dash screen. Favorites up top, etc. This jeep.... No. No favorites, nothing but recent calls and address book I have to scroll thru while driving.

Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Gonna try that!
On my 2014 grand Cherokee, I plug the phone in and I have full use of my phone thru the dash screen. Favorites up top, etc. This jeep.... No. No favorites, nothing but recent calls and address book I have to scroll thru while driving.
You're using Android Auto and it doesn't have all of the maps, apps, etc. on your display?

OP
OP
Yzfguy

Yzfguy

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're using Android Auto and it doesn't have all of the maps, apps, etc. on your display?
I have maps and Spotify and all that. It's just my phone. I can use it, but no contact short cuts, and if I press the phone button on the steering wheel it says there are no contacts in my phone book.

ArcadeTracks

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Rubicon. 2dr Soft Top. 2.0L Turbo, Auto, Stock
I have maps and Spotify and all that. It's just my phone. I can use it, but no contact short cuts, and if I press the phone button on the steering wheel it says there are no contacts in my phone book.
Check the permissions on your phone. I had this (or a similar) issue with uConnect, and the phone settings were the problem. I currently don't have the system, so these directions might not be 100%, but you could try, and maybe find some more accurate/current instructions.

I don't know if it would hurt for the phone to be connected, but I'd probably do this with the Jeep turned off.
In your phone, open settings (⚙ in top right) then scroll/open Apps. Scroll/select Uconnect. Go to Permissions, and select Contacts.
Make sure "Allow" is selected, or select it.
There may have been more to it, but I think that was everything I needed to do to finally import, arrange, and keep my "favorites."

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Try pressing and holding the voice button below that instead. That will activate Android Auto's voice reco stuff.

OP
OP
Yzfguy

Yzfguy

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Try pressing and holding the voice button below that instead. That will activate Android Auto's voice reco stuff.
Yeah, that's the one that says I have no contacts.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Yzfguy

Yzfguy

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Check the permissions on your phone. I had this (or a similar) issue with uConnect, and the phone settings were the problem. I currently don't have the system, so these directions might not be 100%, but you could try, and maybe find some more accurate/current instructions.

I don't know if it would hurt for the phone to be connected, but I'd probably do this with the Jeep turned off.
In your phone, open settings (⚙ in top right) then scroll/open Apps. Scroll/select Uconnect. Go to Permissions, and select Contacts.
Make sure "Allow" is selected, or select it.
There may have been more to it, but I think that was everything I needed to do to finally import, arrange, and keep my "favorites."
I thought it worked! Thank you very much I found that and those permissions were being denied. I switched them on and I was psyched to try it, but no love! I was sure that was it, and now I have no clue why that wouldn't work. I appreciate you taking the time to type all that.
On a positive note, I did try saying "Google call home" and that does work. It just bugs me that there is a green phone button on the wheel that doesn't do anything useful!

ArcadeTracks

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Rubicon. 2dr Soft Top. 2.0L Turbo, Auto, Stock
So frustrating! I hope someone (here or Jeep or Google or somewhere) can help you get it to work!

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Yeah, that's the one that says I have no contacts.
You're pressing and holding it?

Quickly pressing it hooks into the horrid UConnect crap. Pressing and holding it hooks into Android Auto / CarPlay.

OP
OP
Yzfguy

Yzfguy

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're pressing and holding it?

Quickly pressing it hooks into the horrid UConnect crap. Pressing and holding it hooks into Android Auto / CarPlay.
Ya got me.... I was just licking it and dealing with that crap. Holding it does work, and I don't really need the favorites on the screen when I can just say the name. I guess it's problem solved for this one, I don't see why the green phone button is even there really. Thank you!
Sponsored