Sponsored

Phoenix folks, best dealership to work with?

Scott2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hi all, I have the JL bug bad! It will be my forth Wrangler. My question is, do we in AZ have any luck getting a deal like the dealers back east are offering on new orders? There are at least three that I've seen offering 8% below invoice. I approached Airpark and Chapman to see if they could offer something similar so I can keep things locally, and they both acted as if the deals are scams and stating, "they could never go that low". That may be the case as they may be lower volume, but I thought they would at least try to remain competitive.

I ordered my JK from Bill Luke and got a good deal but it was a big hassle getting to the final price, so I'm not overly excited to go back there, if possible.

It seems the consensus has been Earnhardt, but I want to make sure that's still current. Even then, it seems people were "only" able to 5% off invoice, still significantly more than what the DC/MD/VA dealers are offering. I want to get a fair deal and would love to avoid a cross-country drive/shipping if possible.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
I had a pickle of a time with the dealerships in Phoenix when I bought my JK 5 years ago and ultimately went back to Denver and purchased from AutoNation Denver West. Since then, I have heard Tempe Dodge has an outstanding salesperson by the name of Emily Snelling that will take good care of you. I'm not sure what part of the Valley you live in, but for service I really like Heggs in Mesa for service. Earnhardt has a rotten service department. On two separate occasions, I had appointments to get my JK serviced and each time they told me they were double-booked and couldn't service it.

OP
OP

Scott2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hey, thanks for the info. Airpark and Chapman are simply not interested in being competitive, so I’m close to buying from out of state. I’ll contact Emily at Tempe. Thanks for the lead!

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Hey, thanks for the info. Airpark and Chapman are simply not interested in being competitive, so I’m close to buying from out of state. I’ll contact Emily at Tempe. Thanks for the lead!
Let me know how that goes. Working on a deal for my sister-in-law and I’m dealing with Earnhardt. Her trade is killing us right now so looking to maximize the discounted Jeeps.

OP
OP

Scott2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Let me know how that goes. Working on a deal for my sister-in-law and I’m dealing with Earnhardt. Her trade is killing us right now so looking to maximize the discounted Jeeps.
Will do! How’s it going with Earnhardt? How far below invoice are they willing to go? The good news about the trade is the sales tax savings, so make sure you’re considering that, which may help make the deal a bit more palatable.

Sponsored

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Will do! How’s it going with Earnhardt? How far below invoice are they willing to go? The good news about the trade is the sales tax savings, so make sure you’re considering that, which may help make the deal a bit more palatable.
So far they’re just going off the discounted online price listed so nothing special there.

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
You could always start talking to the dealership in Vegas I've seen folks mention. I don't know which one or who, but a lot of West Coast folks have used them. Check the preferred dealers list. It is out of state, but closer that VA and it's Vegas Baby!

Go N 4LO

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ
I am also in the Valley and looking to get the best deal possible. I left Earnhardt a little while ago, for an incoming vehicle they will work with you on removing any expensive dealer add ons like their 899 Alarm or 400 for door etching. They also seemed to be the only ones to come down from invoice at 1k under.

OP
OP

Scott2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I am also in the Valley and looking to get the best deal possible. I left Earnhardt a little while ago, for an incoming vehicle they will work with you on removing any expensive dealer add ons like their 899 Alarm or 400 for door etching. They also seemed to be the only ones to come down from invoice at 1k under.
Interesting. Doesn’t sound like they’re doing you any favors. $1k under invoice isn’t a deal I’d accept when others are getting 6%+ below.

Go N 4LO

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ
Interesting. Doesn’t sound like they’re doing you any favors. $1k under invoice isn’t a deal I’d accept when others are getting 6%+ below.
Agreed, I don't have time to travel and have shopped around in town a lot... best I was able to get them to was $1500 under invoice and no dealer add ons. They had one on the was that had all the options I wanted in a Rubicon, hopefully its delivered soon.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Scott2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Agreed, I don't have time to travel and have shopped around in town a lot... best I was able to get them to was $1500 under invoice and no dealer add ons. They had one on the was that had all the options I wanted in a Rubicon, hopefully its delivered soon.
You bought one on the lot or ordered one? You mentioned a lot vehicle and then referenced it being delivered. If you bought one in inventory, would they have negotiated more on an order? Chapman in Scottsdale offered 3.5% below invoice on an order, but I declined their offer and they wouldn’t go any lower.

Go N 4LO

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ
I ordered.. they didn’t have the options I wanted with a V6. I was told it was in Illinois on Thursday. So hopefully I’ll take delivery this week.

Hopsl

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Wanted to refresh this thread and see what sort of deals people were getting in and around Phx. I had someone at Earnhardt tell me 5k over invoice for the diesel... I laughed and walked away. So any other dealerships you all recommend would be greatly appreciated.

YZ212

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Grand Cherokee Ordering JL Rubi
Talk to Justin Sutherland at Earnhardt, I did my deal with him over the internet from Tucson. I didn't haggle, just said if he could do 5% below invoice I'd buy. Easy transaction. It was on a diesel order about 3 weeks ago.

The Custom Jeep Builder

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2021 392 Rubicon
Occupation
Jeep Customizer
Give us a shot at Doetsch Offroad in Chandler ( and soon to be Scottsdale ). We are a dealer and sell brand new, order brand new, and will also do the build process for you if requested!

Skip the dealership hassle.
Sponsored