Sponsored

Phoenix Automotive 12.1" Android Stereo... anyone have it yet?

Osmotech

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I called and finally got a manager, They admitted that they don't have them and no clue when they will get the parts to make them. I told them if they had been honest upfront I would have been fine waiting but now just want my money back. They are issuing a refund...
Sponsored

deitrick1

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Everyone - just wanted to share as I have been watching this thread waiting to see updates since I ordered mine back in May - I got my radio from Phoenix last week - so far I am loving it.

Pros
  • Install was super easy
  • Radio fit is amazing - I have installed many aftermarket radios and this fits perfect and looks stock
  • Tablet runs fast - apps are snappy
  • Mobile Data works perfect - just put the sim in and it works
  • Startup is instant / almost no different than stock
  • Retained control of everything - back-up camera/HVAC/Steering wheel controls all work great.
  • Wireless Apple Car play works - although you don't need it anymore
  • Bluetooth works great

Cons
  • User interface could use a designer to show it some love - but all is functional, not a big deal since android apps run on their own and look great, this is what you see most of the time.
  • The touch screen is not the best - it works - but not like using an iPad or anything - I notice this most when typing with an onscreen keyboard. I have actually opened a ticket to see if this is specific to mine - or they want to swap it out.
  • There is a guy (Sergey?) who you can buy an updated interface for this type of radio - but he does not support this model yet!
  • The only thing I lost is SiriusXM which I did not have in this car - but....since we do have it in the other car I am using the SiriusXM app on the tablet and share the other account. (this is a pro or con depending on how you look at it)
Let me know if you have any questions and I will try to share..

Here is my referral link - 5% off if you use it to buy one! :)

https://refrr.app/cut6zf8DI3/62799

IMG_1526.JPEG

IMG_1512.JPEG
I want to get this, but from some pics, the black bezel looks like it might not match 'color wise'. Does it match the aux switch bezel below it?

Benzyn0169

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Does anyone have this yet?

[ PX6 SIX-CORE ] 13" Android 9 /10Fast boot Vertical Screen Navi Radio for Ford F-series 2015 - 2020 – Phoenix Automotive (phoenixautomotiveinc.com)

I know Linkswell has their own version and there have been a couple of threads on here about it, but this Phoenix unit uses a later version of Android and seems to have a nicer button layout.

Phoenix.png

Screenshot_2021-03-03 [ Pre-order ] 12 1” Android 9 10 Vertical Screen Navigation Radio for Je...png
I got this about a month ago and I had issues login into Gmail, where it kept deleting my contacts. I finally figured out it was the unit doing it like there was a virus in the system. I made another login and didn't have that problem anymore on my main account after that. The graphic on the screen is not the best and the mapping g didn't work the best, it could never find its location. The unit fit great and was easy to I stall. One day I was having issues with the screen ghost touching everywhere on the screen, found that the screen cracked straight across(not sure from what) I got ahold of Phoenix Automotive and they said I could send it back to have it fixed for $220 or I can return it for a 15% restocking fee. I was wondering why they weren't backing their stereo unit and just exchange for warranty or return it for defective product. They did neither, so I just returned it for the restocking fee, but they only returned 2/3 of my original purchase and when I asked them why they said because the unit is damaged. I don't recommend buying from them if you don't want to have issues with their products and have to get service. Their are better units out their that have better reviews.

RainEm

First Name
Lorraine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Hi Everyone - just wanted to share as I have been watching this thread waiting to see updates since I ordered mine back in May - I got my radio from Phoenix last week - so far I am loving it.

Pros
  • Install was super easy
  • Radio fit is amazing - I have installed many aftermarket radios and this fits perfect and looks stock
  • Tablet runs fast - apps are snappy
  • Mobile Data works perfect - just put the sim in and it works
  • Startup is instant / almost no different than stock
  • Retained control of everything - back-up camera/HVAC/Steering wheel controls all work great.
  • Wireless Apple Car play works - although you don't need it anymore
  • Bluetooth works great

Cons
  • User interface could use a designer to show it some love - but all is functional, not a big deal since android apps run on their own and look great, this is what you see most of the time.
  • The touch screen is not the best - it works - but not like using an iPad or anything - I notice this most when typing with an onscreen keyboard. I have actually opened a ticket to see if this is specific to mine - or they want to swap it out.
  • There is a guy (Sergey?) who you can buy an updated interface for this type of radio - but he does not support this model yet!
  • The only thing I lost is SiriusXM which I did not have in this car - but....since we do have it in the other car I am using the SiriusXM app on the tablet and share the other account. (this is a pro or con depending on how you look at it)
Let me know if you have any questions and I will try to share..

Here is my referral link - 5% off if you use it to buy one! :)

https://refrr.app/cut6zf8DI3/62799

IMG_1526.JPEG

IMG_1512.JPEG
Hey! Any chance you have a user manual for this? I bought a jeep with this radio in it and I don’t find it very user friendly.

RainEm

First Name
Lorraine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

[ PX6 SIX-CORE ] 13" Android 9 /10Fast boot Vertical Screen Navi Radio for Ford F-series 2015 - 2020 – Phoenix Automotive (phoenixautomotiveinc.com)

I know Linkswell has their own version and there have been a couple of threads on here about it, but this Phoenix unit uses a later version of Android and seems to have a nicer button layout.

Phoenix.png

Screenshot_2021-03-03 [ Pre-order ] 12 1” Android 9 10 Vertical Screen Navigation Radio for Je...png
Do you happen to have a user manual for this? I just bought a jeep with this already in it and I don’t find it very user friendly. Help!

Sponsored

OP
OP
themartinz

themartinz

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi
Do you happen to have a user manual for this? I just bought a jeep with this already in it and I don’t find it very user friendly. Help!
Here is a link to the install manual...

I don't think they have a good user manual, but I have seen some videos on you tube where people go through the interface. Even if you find a video of another vehicle (like an F150), its pretty much the same interface.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vggvf3pvqav5nrl/AAAfqpBNf9rGAlHO1rVZ01psa?dl=0

RainEm

First Name
Lorraine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

RainEm

First Name
Lorraine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Phoenix.png

Would you happen to know how to change the units on that Main Screen to kmp? I found where to change all the other units but it doesn’t change that one gauge.
Sponsored