PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have any recommendations and/or pricing they can share? I hit up one shop (Seven Wraps in Southampton) and they quoted me $3300 (didn't get into specifics, was just quick email inquiry)

Thanks!
Sponsored

PA JLUR

First Name
Cos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Check out “Its a Wrap 215” This outfit does great work on high end cars in Tri-State area. Give them a call for price. 215-426-WRAP.

96533C5F-1728-420D-90C1-80FD4D8F082A.jpeg

OP
OP
PA-Punkn

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks everyone, have a bunch to contact for quotes, will let thread know what I get for pricing and ultimate decision. As an add on, think I may get this matte section done on my hood too

Screenshot_20200130-091329_Chrome.jpg

Sponsored

Soulpatch

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon unlimited
Thanks everyone, have a bunch to contact for quotes, will let thread know what I get for pricing and ultimate decision. As an add on, think I may get this matte section done on my hood too

Screenshot_20200130-091329_Chrome.jpg
Just buy the mat from pixel. He is a member here. Install is straight forward as I had it on my older JK rubicon. Havent thrown it on the new one yet though so cant speak to any additional issues with the JL rubicon.

OP
OP
PA-Punkn

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
So wanted to provide an update on my paint protection wrap research. I contacted 7 Philly area shops via email and asked for quotes for paint protection film for all painted surfaces on my 2 door (and note I don't have a painted top or painted fenders, so least possible surface area to cover).

The following three shops never responded:

Contacted 1/27
https://oakesdetail.com/ West Chester
https://www.nitrographics.com/ Morrisville

Contacted 2/3/2020
https://impactsignsnh.com/ New Hope

So basically going to toss them out of the running unless they get back to me very soon.

The following four shops did reply, here is the info I was able to gather:

http://www.dicedesign215.com/ NE Philly (Harbison and Frankfort) $2,426 - note this is not an automotive-focused business, they provide general promotional and advertising services with vehicle wraps as one area. I'm probably going to toss these guys from consideration too.

https://sevenwraps.com/ Southampton $3,300, PremiumShield Elite SH film
http://menardpremiumdetailing.com/paintprotectionfilm Warminster - $4,500 Xpel Film
http://shadesofgraytint.com/index.html Feasterville $5,200 - $5,500, Premium Shield film (specific type not specified)

A double price difference between high and low was baffling and upon doing a bit more research seems, much like vehicle painting, it's the attention to detail and associated labor that drives the pricing. All other things being equal, lesser expensive shops may not remove any/many trim pieces or such, may not ensure wrap goes to/around all section edges, etc. The expensive shops take tons of time to make sure the wrap is perfect and take lots of trim pieces etc off to cover to greatest extent possible. I'm including link to a video below which illustrates the difference in wrap install quality.

So, where does that leave me now? My goals for a wrap are two-fold. First, the Jeep will live outside until I can build an addition for my garage (maybe 2022?), so want some protection from the elements. Second, I plan to go off-roading and want some protection from trail pinstripes and rocks and such, and I expect sections of the wrap will get trashed and need to be replaced over time. If off-roading wasn't on the agenda, I think I'd be more willing to explore the very expensive shops. However, as I'm expecting the wrap will definitely need to be replaced over time, I'm thinking the Seven Wraps place is a good option. They had a Rolls Phantom, Merc G-Wagon, and BMW M5 in the shop getting wrapped when I visited, so I'm assuming they do at least a half-decent job to land that level of customers.

Would value any feedback folks with more experience with vehicle wraps can share.

Thanks all!

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Hey @PA-Punkn have you made a move on this yet? Just curious as it’s out of my price range, but I’m genuinely curious.
I went to Shades of Gray a few years ago for tint and they did a great job (although I expected Jerry Garcia to show up and do the tint, but he never did:crying: ).

OP
OP
PA-Punkn

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Hey @PA-Punkn have you made a move on this yet? Just curious as it’s out of my price range, but I’m genuinely curious.
I went to Shades of Gray a few years ago for tint and they did a great job (although I expected Jerry Garcia to show up and do the tint, but he never did:crying: ).
Actually the Jeep is at Seven Wraps right now, expecting to get back at the end of the week. I will post pix and my thoughts on the work done by them.

Sorry Jerry Bear didn't do your tint, that's a bummer man :(:LOL:

OP
OP
PA-Punkn

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
So finally getting around to updating the thread on the wrap work.

Overall I'm very pleased with the service from Seven Wraps. I dropped the Jeep off on Sunday evening, the shop checked in with me on Wednesday and picked it up on Thursday.

The gloss has a great look, and there are only two places (technically four spots due to symmetry) where the wrap shows

1. Around the Jeep emblems, but I didn't expect them to take the letters off and reapply
2. The body pieces that connect the hood area to A pillars. I think this is more a factor of the curves and a single piece may have bunched up.

Everywhere else they did a fantastic job and you can't see the edges of the film.

I really like the way the hood flare came out too :)

We will see how things hold up over time and abuse, but so far so good.

20200302_105615.jpg

20200302_105554.jpg

20200302_105628.jpg

20200302_112624.jpg

Sponsored

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
You ready @PA-Punkn to tear that vinyl running through the brush are Rausch? :giggle:
But Seriously....looks great.

OP
OP
PA-Punkn

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
You ready @PA-Punkn to tear that vinyl running through the brush are Rausch? :giggle:
But Seriously....looks great.
Thanks! Yeah almost ready, tentatively planning to do the 101 class on 4/4.
Sponsored