Peterson Jeep Review

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
But.........you HAVE to finance through them, right? Or pay more.
The financing rate is higher and I refinanced after the sixth payment to a much lower rate, but in the end I saved over $5,000 compared to if I would have used a local dealer, even at 1% below with Tread Lightly. I went into the purchase understanding the financials and how they are making money on the deal.

The experience with Peterson was still the easiest vehicle purchase and I liked that Kent was upfront about everything. They made sure the buying experience was first rate and the financing gentlemen was the opposite of high pressure and assumed I didn't want the PermaPlate "windshield protection" even though they had wiped it on or the extended warranty. Total time in dealership was 45 minutes and could have been less if the original finance guy wasn't tied up with a customer. I would recommend them to anyone, especially if your local dealer won't work with you on the price. We had a fun trip back down to Tucson, AZ and stayed near Area 51 overnight. Went through Winnemucca, NV and saw the most unique double feature option in movie history playing in theater #2! If I had younger children we would avoid the second feature at all costs.

Jeep Wrangler JL Peterson Jeep Review IMG_2770
Sponsored

Monsterdun

First Name
Monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Looking to order from Kent, but wondering if anyone ever had their vehicle shipped from them?
i live in Northern Ca, but unfortunately, can’t mare the trip to pick it up, and says he can work with me remote and gave me a referral for a local shipping company, and is pretty competitive......

Last edited:

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Looking to order from Kent, but wondering if anyone ever had their vehicle shipped to them?
i live in Northern Ca, but unfortunately, can’t mare the trip to pick it up, and says he can work with me remote and gave me a referral for a local shipping company, and is pretty competitive......
We flew up from Tucson, AZ to Boise, ID and he picked us up. We took 2 days to drive back and had a great time doing it. The purchase process was easy and fast and the most enjoyable car sales process ever. It was probably close to the Tesla experience in reality.

Vehicles are shipped all over the country all the time and I would think that shouldn't be an issue. I have some buddies shipping their Jeeps from Tucson to near the Rubicon and back and it costing each about $1000. I would ask Kent to take a pic of the odometer and maybe use FaceTime or something similar to go over the vehicle and ensure all the options you ordered are present. I would have him send images of the loaded vehicle, the truck, and provide the truck drivers info. Will the Jeep be shipped in a cargo trailer or on a transport? If on a transport will any protective film or cover be placed over the Jeep?

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
Another satisfied customer here.....by far the best car buying experience I've ever had.

Flew up last Saturday from SoCal with the wife to pick up our new JLUR that I ordered through Kent

He was waiting for us outside baggage claim in his personal JLUR and took us to the dealership, the finance guy Ryan was busy with another customer when we got there so we just took the car for a quick test drive and came back and finished up with Ryan in less then 30 minutes...No hard sale on extended warranty or any other games. Was on the road to Tahoe in less than an hour total from the time we got there with a full tank of gas!!! I'll gladly use their financing for six months at a little higher interest rate to get the deal and service I got from Peterson.

Had an amazing 4 day vacay in Tahoe before heading home and hitting up Mammoth and Alabama Hills on the way home....

Jeep Wrangler JL Peterson Jeep Review IMG_9015 2.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Peterson Jeep Review IMG_9012.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Peterson Jeep Review IMG_9107.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Peterson Jeep Review IMG_9264.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Peterson Jeep Review tempImage5U9YOf
Jeep Wrangler JL Peterson Jeep Review tempImagemeZFq1

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
First post on JLWF.com.

We just purchased our first new car ever from Kent Shurtleff this past weekend.

We originally were looking at JKs 2014 and newer. We ventured over to Peterson's to see if they had any used Wranglers, and my wife hit on the Bikini Pearl color.

I inquired, just kind of off hand, on something there, and got a response from a saleswoman, who once on the phone got a sense I knew more about the Wrangler than she did, and sent me over to Kent.

He was a little flaky communication wise, but I'm an understanding person (maybe to a fault my wife would say), but he was honest, and THAT is more important.

By this time I'd run some numbers and seen that new was not that much more monthly than the 2014s and 16s we'd been seeing.

Factor in warranties, having EVERYTHING you want, and it became clear if we could get it within the budget we'd be in a new Sahara.

Kent worked with me, on the phone, about what all I wanted for my wife in her Jeep, and the total came out to be a hair over $43K. 10 weeks order time, once the factories started producing again.

Then something interesting happened...

I read about the 2.0T. I asked Kent about it and we came down to test drive one, versus the JK 3.6L.

He originally picked out a Willy's with a soft top for us to drive, then remembered the fully loaded Sahara we were going to order, plus my wife's want to be in the same color.

He put us in the JLUR we ended up buying (great salesman ship :D ).

At Peterson's in Nampa they give $2K off invoice for a trade, plus the trade amount. We ended up not doing that. He put in our Fusion and saw the $4300 they wanted to give us and told me not to. Again, the honesty.

Financing through them gives you a higher interest rate for 6 months, but $2k off invoice. It appears to be worth it. I'll let you all know in 6 months when we go to refi.

But Jeremie in the finance department was awesome in that regard, along with Kent, in calming my worries about that.

So when it was all said and done, on the window our JLUR is $56 and change, with sale price, tax, doc, and what not, for like $51K. Out the door financing.

I've dealt with Dave Smith up north, they're great, but the price wasn't low enough.

I saw Dennis Dillon in Boise, price not low enough.

Peterson's though? Just right.

Jeep Wrangler JL Peterson Jeep Review tempImagemeZFq1
So here we are. A year later. Clicked over 24,500 on the odometer.

We love Kailani. Took her out this past weekend with the Little Aloha Cabana and she did great.

Later this year we're going to Michigan.

IMG_20210507_191800_689.jpg

Sponsored

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here we are, almost at the end of our time with Kailani 1.0. God I love that Jeep.

But with Tuscadero I just had to.

We clicked over 37K on the clock recently. It's amazing how time flies.

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Another satisfied customer here.....by far the best car buying experience I've ever had.

Flew up last Saturday from SoCal with the wife to pick up our new JLUR that I ordered through Kent

He was waiting for us outside baggage claim in his personal JLUR and took us to the dealership, the finance guy Ryan was busy with another customer when we got there so we just took the car for a quick test drive and came back and finished up with Ryan in less then 30 minutes...No hard sale on extended warranty or any other games. Was on the road to Tahoe in less than an hour total from the time we got there with a full tank of gas!!! I'll gladly use their financing for six months at a little higher interest rate to get the deal and service I got from Peterson.

Had an amazing 4 day vacay in Tahoe before heading home and hitting up Mammoth and Alabama Hills on the way home....

Jeep Wrangler JL Peterson Jeep Review IMG_20210507_191800_689
This post makes me smile so much. Love your pics.
Sponsored