werewolf4805

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I’m planning on doing the badge of honor trail Peter’s Mill Run on June 15th. The weather looks to be good. I’ll be coming from south central PA if anyone wants to go or meet up and knock out a badge trail.
Sponsored

UUBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR; ‘95 Land Rover Defender 90
Afraid I’m going to miss you by just a few days. I’m planning to hit it on Friday the 12th. This will be my first time there.

OP
OP
werewolf4805

werewolf4805

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Afraid I’m going to miss you by just a few days. I’m planning to hit it on Friday the 12th. This will be my first time there.
It’ll be my first time too, but that Is when my wife and I both have off work. Please share any tips or info you get.

ekohn00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Being new to this .... I heard Peter's Mill is easy, but is it the type of trail you can do by yourself without worry of being stuck... (Sahara w/Rubi wheels)?

Sponsored

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Being new to this .... I heard Peter's Mill is easy, but is it the type of trail you can do by yourself without worry of being stuck... (Sahara w/Rubi wheels)?
when I did it last year there were stock sports with radial tires in the group I was with and didn't have any issues.

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Just a heads up to anybody going. Unless you have on board air don't air down your tires because there is no place on the trail to air back up.

ekohn00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
when I did it last year there were stock sports with rail tires in the group I was with and didn't have any issues.
thanks.... it'll be a great surprise trip for wife. :)

ekohn00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I was thinking of grabbing the wife and playing hooky from work.... where you coming from in NoVA?

Sponsored

UUBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR; ‘95 Land Rover Defender 90
I was thinking of grabbing the wife and playing hooky from work.... where you coming from in NoVA?
We'll be coming from the Arlington/McLean area (Glebe Rd). Not sure what time we'll be heading out. It's the kids' last day of "school". We're spending the weekend at a friend's out in WV, and Peters Mill Run is basically right on the way. I'll shoot you a PM when I know more about our schedule.

ekohn00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
We're coming form Loudoun County. Last day for my younger one too, though I don't think anythings happening.

I found a website that shows me to start the trail off of Woodstock Tower Rd, so I think the start of the trail is about 90 minutes away. I guess the wife will want to leave in the morning - though not to early.

OffRoad7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Unlimited
Hi, Anyone planning to this Saturday? I’m planning to go there this Saturday with my family.

OffRoad7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Unlimited
Just a heads up to anybody going. Unless you have on board air don't air down your tires because there is no place on the trail to air back up.
You mean to say airing out is not needed?

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
You mean to say airing out is not needed?
In not so many words yes. We did it without airing down. It would obviously be a better ride Aired down, but with no air what do you do?

Also if you take the 101 class through Off-road Consulting the first half of the day they make you go without airing down to show you that you can.
Sponsored