Permaplate

Matt2036

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL
Did anyone else get perma plate from their dealer already added to their new Jeep?
Sponsored

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Heck no, avoid dealership doing anything to your rig if possible.(unless you really trust someone there.)

When I took delivery I told them put oil and gas in it and that's it. Leave all the plastic covers and everything else alone, I'll do it.

Go to a reputable small business where you know someone will take pride in there work. At dealers it's just a job for them.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Did anyone else get perma plate from their dealer already added to their new Jeep?
Matt to actually answer your question... lol

I had the ‘Perma Plate’ sticker on my windshield. Just removed the sticker the other day.

What the heck is it? Lol

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Matt to actually answer your question... lol

I had the ‘Perma Plate’ sticker on my windshield. Just removed the sticker the other day.

What the heck is it? Lol
Basically 3m film..kinda like what's on your rear fenders

Why you take off?

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Basically 3m film..kinda like what's on your rear fenders

Why you take off?
I just took the decal off the windshield because it was annoying me because the dealership put it on crooked. I’m OCD

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
I just took the decal off the windshield because it was annoying me because the dealership put it on crooked. I’m OCD
Oohh, thought you meant you removed the perma plate protective film....from the windshield

Totally misunderstood sorry

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Oohh, thought you meant you removed the perma plate protective film....from the windshield

Totally misunderstood sorry
No I definitely wouldn’t do that haha I didn’t realize it was an actual film. Thanks for the info man

OP
OP
Matt2036

Matt2036

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL
I was curious as to if your dealer explain any of this to you or not and I guess not. My dealer told me that it’s a protective coating that was added to the windshield to try to help prevent it from cracking. It’s also some sort of protection for the paid as well. From what I’ve been told I should not have to wax or polish the jeep for at least four years. I want to see if anybody else was told this sort of thing though.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Matt2036

Matt2036

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL
I was curious as to if your dealer explain any of this to you or not and I guess not. My dealer told me that it’s a protective coating that was added to the windshield to try to help prevent it from cracking. It’s also some sort of protection for the paid as well. From what I’ve been told I should not have to wax or polish the jeep for at least four years. I want to see if anybody else was told this sort of thing though.
Anyone else heard the same thing that I heard about? I’d love to get some reinforcement on this because I don’t quite trust the dealership

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Rule #1 when buying a car off the lot: Never pay for the shit the dealer puts on it. If it's already on there, you still tell them you aren't paying for it. You won't have to pay for it.
Sponsored