Permanent Mirror Move

LagunaJim1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLR HellaYella!
I go doors off and doors on frequently, so with past Jeeps I permanently relocated the mirrors to the body just forward of the door using the tried-and-true Rugged Ridge Mirror Relocation Brackets.

There are no good solutions for the JL that I can find, so I finally have resolved myself to implementing the same tried-and-true solution on my JL. I ordered the kit from Quadratech that has the two Rugged Ridge brackets and the two JK OEM-like mirror heads.

I'm going to drill the second hole for the bracket mount into the cowl on my Wrangler. I figure I can always just put a matching torx bolt in that hole later if I ever remove the brackets and nobody will know the hole wasn't put there by the factory.

Now to get more interesting: my new JL has blindspot detection, so I want to wire an LED or other indicator lamp to the blindspot circuit and put the lamp somewhere.

Question: does anyone have an educated guess at what kind of LED/lamp I would want to plug into that circuit? I can find the correct wire based on the plug&harness for the door. But I need to source an LED/lamp.

I'll post a photo when I'm done, but really the main part of this project - moving the mirrors - is gonna like like every JK that used the Rugged Ridge brackets for the last 10 years.

Oh yeah, haven't figured out how to fill the hole in the door that will be left when I remove the factory JL mirror. If I have to I will go to a metal-shop and have them cut me something -- since nobody is making a "blank" to fill that spot yet..

Thanks for letting me ramble. Loving my JL overall. Also mounting a pair of Rigid Midnight Black pods on the front bumper!
Sponsored

OldJupiter

First Name
Old Jupiter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door JL Sport
I go doors off and doors on frequently, so with past Jeeps I permanently relocated the mirrors to the body just forward of the door using the tried-and-true Rugged Ridge Mirror Relocation Brackets.

There are no good solutions for the JL that I can find, so I finally have resolved myself to implementing the same tried-and-true solution on my JL. I ordered the kit from Quadratech that has the two Rugged Ridge brackets and the two JK OEM-like mirror heads.

I'm going to drill the second hole for the bracket mount into the cowl on my Wrangler. I figure I can always just put a matching torx bolt in that hole later if I ever remove the brackets and nobody will know the hole wasn't put there by the factory.

Now to get more interesting: my new JL has blindspot detection, so I want to wire an LED or other indicator lamp to the blindspot circuit and put the lamp somewhere.

Question: does anyone have an educated guess at what kind of LED/lamp I would want to plug into that circuit? I can find the correct wire based on the plug&harness for the door. But I need to source an LED/lamp.

I'll post a photo when I'm done, but really the main part of this project - moving the mirrors - is gonna like like every JK that used the Rugged Ridge brackets for the last 10 years.

Oh yeah, haven't figured out how to fill the hole in the door that will be left when I remove the factory JL mirror. If I have to I will go to a metal-shop and have them cut me something -- since nobody is making a "blank" to fill that spot yet..

Thanks for letting me ramble. Loving my JL overall. Also mounting a pair of Rigid Midnight Black pods on the front bumper!
I am going to do the same. Any update on this? Photos? I'm ready to bite the bullet, but the fitment is a concern. Photos or gifs of the function of you got around to this.