Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Ecoboost 2018 2-door Rubicon 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
After years in development, thousands of trouble free test miles on our own Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0L Turbo test vehicles along with a number of Independent Jeep Owners/ Beta Testers in North America.

Years in development?

aai

First Name
aai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL 2.0 Rubicon : '20 JT 3.6 Overland
Vehicle Showcase

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
After years in development, thousands of trouble free test miles on our own Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0L Turbo test vehicles along with a number of Independent Jeep Owners/ Beta Testers in North America.

Years in development?
1.5 year(s)

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Q. Could this unit damage my engine?
A. These units are specifically designed to run within the manufacturers’ safety limits and tolerances. The extra performance is easily within the capability of the engine and gearbox. Unlike a direct flash we do not overwrite, modify, or erase factory safety settings, and we have designed the software of the module to operate within the safety perimeters of the factory ECU. The service intervals of the vehicle will not change - however, it is important that they be done on time and using original manufacturer-spec parts. It is also very important to regularly check the engine oil level and top up if necessary with the correct oil as most modern engines are designed to use some oil to increase the lifespan of the engine.

WRANGLERtorque.jpg

Sponsored

aai

First Name
aai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
9% drivetrain loss...thats pretty low. I typically see 13% up to 18% with the cars I had paid to Dyno

aai

First Name
aai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
their baseline dyno pull numbers are similar to Mishimotos. Just more proof our torque numbers was underrated from the factory.

DesertFox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep KL
“Most modern engines are designed to use some oil to increase the lifespan of the engine.” ????

This of course is ridiculous. Non-modern engines often used a lot of oil due to poor cylinder sealing, premature wear, and leaks. Modern engines are not designed to use oil. An odd statement for a “high tech” company to promote.

Kurlon

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4XE Rubicon, maybe?
One could argue that the shift to low tension rings in a continuing quest for higher MPGs and the resulting increase in oil consumption could be the basis for that 'explanation'.

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Ecoboost 2018 2-door Rubicon 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

DesertFox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep KL
One could argue that the shift to low tension rings in a continuing quest for higher MPGs and the resulting increase in oil consumption could be the basis for that 'explanation'.
I’ve had my 2.0 for 8 months - zero oil use, can’t see any change on the dipstick. Theory is nice of course, but you can’t argue with reality.

aai

First Name
aai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You see Alfa Romeo images if you open the link the OP attached, also on the search bar it says "Alpha Romeo, Jl Wrangler"....but I agree it is misleading. So I assume they have been testing them on the 2.0 in general for a few years. We will probably see Burger Tuning come out with a JB4 tuner next, at least I hope so.
http://www.burgertuning.com/alfa_romeo_JB4_bmw_performance_tuner.html
and yes we should start using NSFW in the titles for these tuner threads.. Not Suitable for Factory Warranties :sun:

Last edited:

eMac

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler 2.0T
Hi. I don't want to break vendor rules for promotion and sales. Our shop has an account, though we're waiting for the IT department to sort out the details. I'm going to take a chance and sort out misinformation on this product as I've installed a couple of these.

Our shop's wrangler was one of the test vehicles. I actually drove it to the dyno shop in San Antonio, shot some video, etc etc. Tested a few other products at the same time.

1.5 year(s)
The Giulia / Stelvio 2.0T were the foundation for development, as there's a substantial amount of crossover on the drivetrain and drivetrain electronics. As this is a piggyback unit (not a direct flash), compatibility with the Wrangler was determinable almost immediately, and then it was just a matter of testing and abuse - both things we're pretty good at.

“Most modern engines are designed to use some oil to increase the lifespan of the engine.” ????

This of course is ridiculous. Non-modern engines often used a lot of oil due to poor cylinder sealing, premature wear, and leaks. Modern engines are not designed to use oil. An odd statement for a “high tech” company to promote.
Hi. We've run into oil consumption issues out of the box on a few other FCA turbocharged engines - so that just seems like a blanket statement. Not a specific to this 2.0 . We're not running into that problem on this one, but it's a smaller sample group at this point - and there's no dipstick.

and yes we should start using NSFW in the titles for these tuner threads.. Not Suitable for Factory Warranties :sun:
Warranties are a funny thing. I've seen a Subaru STI show up on a flatbed, direct from a track day, rubber caked in the wheelwells - for a warranty replacement of the transmission. I've also seen a Mercedes C300 voided out for aftermarket LED bulbs. As with anything, mod to your comfort level, and your dealership may have a lot of influence in where that comfort level sits.

The beauty of plug-and-play modules is that once they're removed, there's no trace left behind to affect warranty claims. Tends to be a lot more warranty-safe than reprogramming or remapping. So ultimately (like with most mods) it comes down to ease of reversal.

aai

First Name
aai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
do you have more videos or dyno sheets of the jeep you could share? thanks

eMac

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler 2.0T
You see Alfa Romeo images if you open the link the OP attached, also on the search bar it says "Alpha Romeo, Jl Wrangler"....but I agree it is misleading. So I assume they have been testing them on the 2.0 in general for a few years.
Hi aai, I clicked on OP's link, but I'm not seeing an immediate Alfa Romeo reference. If that's something the IT department can address, I can make sure that gets done. As Alfa Romeo is often at the top of the A-Z list for Vehicle Makes, sometimes that can pop up in places as databases populate.

do you have more videos or dyno sheets of the jeep you could share? thanks
I think that's a task best suited for a vendor account. There's more dyno sheets, but it's all the same information, same numbers, different timestamps. What specific info are you looking for?

Videos: There's probably about 3-4 JL Wrangler videos currently on standby in various stages of edit. Tax season puts all hands on deck into shipping and processing. I'd love to say that there should be more footage on the youtube channel in the coming weeks, but the ebb and flow of business needs and time will dictate that.
Sponsored