Sponsored

Performance limiter during break-in period? 2021 JLUR, 2.0L 4C Turbo, no eTorque

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
I recently took delivery of a 2021 JLUR, 2.0L 4-Cyl Turbo. Performance seemed good at first, but just after the Rubi hit 500 miles, I couldn't help but notice a significant performance boost. Perhaps this was just the effect from, somewhere around that mark, switching from 87 octane to 93 octane gas during a 100 degree summer (I saw the bulletin). So it could just be coincidence, but I at least wanted to ask:

Are the latest builds with similar configurations (2021 JLUR 2.0L 4C Turbo, no eTorque) quietly running a performance limiter to help enforce the 500 mile break-in period?
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I recently took delivery of a 2021 JLUR, 2.0L 4-Cyl Turbo. Performance seemed good at first, but just after the Rubi hit 500 miles, I couldn't help but notice a significant performance boost. Perhaps this was just the effect from, somewhere around that mark, switching from 87 octane to 93 octane gas during a 100 degree summer (I saw the bulletin). So it could just be coincidence, but I at least wanted to ask:

Are the latest builds with similar configurations (2021 JLUR 2.0L 4C Turbo, no eTorque) quietly running a performance limiter to help enforce the 500 mile break-in period?
I've never heard of a programmed limiter. As the engine breaks in, fuel economy and pep naturally improves. And although the 2.0 can run on 87, optimal performance will be found while running 93. My thinking is that's what you're feeling.