Performance First extended warranty

Mechanick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Hi guys, picked up my JLU Rubicon 2020 just a few weeks ago and was sold a 6 year 75K warranty from Performance First (Third Party), it's supposed to be a "bumper to bumper" but the "Whats not covered" obviously has the usual stuff.

It cost me about 2K and i am debating if i should cancel it as i have a few days to decide.

I also ended up buying the a wheel and tire for $580 for 5 years that i am thinking of getting rid of as well as i am not sure they will cover my after market larger tires i intend to put on.

I plan on keeping this Jeep for a long time and also plan on some mods. In terms of mods i plan on installing a lift, maybe the Mopar 2", new black wheels and probably 35 or 37 tires. Then probably some body parts like steps, what not....

What do you guys think about the warranties i have? should i keep them or cancel them? Any insight appreciated. First time jeep owner here. Thanks!
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

The wheel/tire warranties are a joke. I have seen many instances where they denied coverage. You can buy a whole set of rubi take offs for $500.

Not likely anything will happen to off road tires as theyre built extra tough but id get a tire cert from discount tire/americas tire over one of these “warranties”. And you dont have to have purchased the tires from them to get certs. They quoted me $20 per tire (35” Patagonias). I didnt get it as its highly unlikely i would damage one beyond repair. And in the highly unlikely event, a new one is $200.

i have their certs on my wifes commuter car though. She had low air in a tire and drove on it and ruined the tire and they exchanged it for a brand new one, no charge. Worth the $13 for those tires

OP
OP
Mechanick

Mechanick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
The wheel/tire warranties are a joke. I have seen many instances where they denied coverage. You can buy a whole set of rubi take offs for $500.

Not likely anything will happen to off road tires as theyre built extra tough but id get a tire cert from discount tire/americas tire over one of these “warranties”. And you dont have to have purchased the tires from them to get certs. They quoted me $20 per tire (35” Patagonias). I didnt get it as its highly unlikely i would damage one beyond repair. And in the highly unlikely event, a new one is $200.

i have their certs on my wifes commuter car though. She had low air in a tire and drove on it and ruined the tire and they exchanged it for a brand new one, no charge. Worth the $13 for those tires
Thanks for the insights, i just emailed my dealer to cancel. Hopefully they do it ASAP, thanks!

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Wheel warranties can be worthwhile on certain vehicles but not on Wranglers. Windshield warranty, on the other hand, may be a great investment, depending on your own insurance coverage. I agree with @GreyFox about the MOPAR warranty. It’s really the best option if you want extra coverage and you can find some really great deals online and at dealers around the country. You don’t have to buy it at your dealer.
Sponsored