Sponsored

Per a Jeep dealership the JL is not water tight/expect it to fill with water during water crossings!

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Jaguar XE, 2018 Fiat 500E
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
Hey folks,

I can’t make this shit up if I tried.
I bring my JLUR into a dealership this morning to get the Mopar correction pad installed due to the screw up in design on the Mopar 2” lift. There is a tread on here regarding the all weather floor mats not making a tight seal and during a water crossing that the Jeep JL can fill with water if you have them installed per the instructions. I asked the services writer if he can confirm this is not making a tight seal, I showed him how the floor mat is lose around the drain floor hole.
His reply is priceless, this is per a dealership service advisor at a Jeep dealership, the JL is not water tight, the door seals are not water tight and if you go into water you should expect your JL to fill with water!
The advisor advised me that unless FCA / Jeep send him something in writing stating otherwise you should expect the JL to fill with water during a water crossing. He will not inspect the floor mats!

If this is the case than a lot of the advertising for the new JL is false and misleading at best.

Has anyone else experience this at a Jeep dealership?
Did you know if you go into water with your jeep you should expect it to fill with water?
The Mopar snorkel works, you should expect to get water inside during a water crossing! Per this Jeep advisor!

Considering I come from doing a ton of off roading in jeeps, this was news to me, I have done hundreds of water crossings in my TJ and all of my buddies and club members in their JKs. We have never experienced water coming into the vehicle during any water crossings.

Right here is one of the main reasons I have always stayed with the high end brand vehicles. (Range Rover, Jaguar, Mercedes, Ferrari and Lamborghini.) I feel like the folks who work at the lower end brands are not all there. If you work at a Jeep dealership and this offends you I’m sorry, it is not meant to, go get a job at a high end dealership and you will clearly notice the difference in service and the folks who work there. If they don’t know something they go and find out. They don’t make statements that could result in a problem with a customer.

I contacted Jeep care on this form and over the phone. Over the phone they tried to get ahold of the dealership and was unable to speak with anyone, they advised that I contact the dealership manager, try and set another appointment and contact Jeep care when that appointment has been set.
Another words waste more of my time!

@JeepCares
Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
This is him just pre-denying your water damage claims.

Jeep says 30" at no more than 5mph. You need to take the drain plugs off the floor mats and put them back on the body or water will come in. The doors and other stuff will not leak going through water but if you do something stupid like suck water into the intake and lock your engine the dealer won't touch it.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
the JL is not water tight, the door seals are not water tight and if you go into water you should expect your JL to fill with water!

@JeepCares
Watson, please file this in the "no sh*t" folder, please.

I thought everybody knew that water would get in through the doors? It's a Jeep, not a submarine. How would you expect to keep water out without marine grade seals and pressure locks on the doors? Am I dreaming right now?

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase

I thought everybody knew that water would get in through the doors? It's a Jeep, not a submarine. How would you expect to keep water out without marine grade seals and pressure locks on the doors? Am I dreaming right now?
Never once heard of people getting water in through their doors on a normal water crossing. Yea maybe if you park in the river for 5 hours.

Yellow109r

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLUR, Bright White
Occupation
Aircraft Industrial Engineer for the DoD
Vehicle Showcase
01855EFC-D7CD-4203-BE06-4CA64F70A3AF.jpeg
01855EFC-D7CD-4203-BE06-4CA64F70A3AF.jpeg
LMAO

854034B0-3AFB-4B8D-9387-C49C2CC8AC06.jpeg

1FBF64FB-5456-4C10-A125-73F40CC60676.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
James

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
This is him just pre-denying your water damage claims.

Jeep says 30" at no more than 5mph. You need to take the drain plugs off the floor mats and put them back on the body or water will come in. The doors and other stuff will not leak going through water but if you do something stupid like suck water into the intake and lock your engine the dealer won't touch it.
Hey

Can you show me where Jeep has this written?
The advisor said water up to the floor boards and water will come into the vehicle

I have videos of us doing water crossings where just the top of our hoods are sticking out and never once had water enter our jeeps.

OP
OP
James

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate Broker

I thought everybody knew that water would get in through the doors? It's a Jeep, not a submarine. How would you expect to keep water out without marine grade seals and pressure locks on the doors? Am I dreaming right now?[/QUOTE

Clearly you have not off road your jeep, let along do water crossings.
We have done hundreds of water crossings, some of them were to the point of crap I hope it does not go into the intake and flood the motor.
Not one time have any of us experience water coming into our jeeps. I’m not talking about Going to where the hood and windshield is under water. Half way up the doors or even just above the bottom of the door.

OP
OP
James

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate Broker

Here is a photo of Kevin’s water crossing, it’s not that deep and his Jeep filled with water!
Per the dealership rep, this is normal?
Does this look like deep water to you?

B4DC99C7-4F67-493D-91F8-F4415F54BFF2.png

977C3D62-24B7-439B-9ED4-C8B3B9CDC4D8.png

34B64FB7-ECD6-449B-BE71-BB9C84C5942C.png

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hey folks,

I can’t make this shit up if I tried.
I bring my JLUR into a dealership this morning to get the Mopar correction pad installed due to the screw up in design on the Mopar 2” lift. There is a tread on here regarding the all weather floor mats not making a tight seal and during a water crossing that the Jeep JL can fill with water if you have them installed per the instructions. I asked the services writer if he can confirm this is not making a tight seal, I showed him how the floor mat is lose around the drain floor hole.
His reply is priceless, this is per a dealership service advisor at a Jeep dealership, the JL is not water tight, the door seals are not water tight and if you go into water you should expect your JL to fill with water!
The advisor advised me that unless FCA / Jeep send him something in writing stating otherwise you should expect the JL to fill with water during a water crossing. He will not inspect the floor mats!

If this is the case than a lot of the advertising for the new JL is false and misleading at best.

Has anyone else experience this at a Jeep dealership?
Did you know if you go into water with your jeep you should expect it to fill with water?
The Mopar snorkel works, you should expect to get water inside during a water crossing! Per this Jeep advisor!

Considering I come from doing a ton of off roading in jeeps, this was news to me, I have done hundreds of water crossings in my TJ and all of my buddies and club members in their JKs. We have never experienced water coming into the vehicle during any water crossings.

Right here is one of the main reasons I have always stayed with the high end brand vehicles. (Range Rover, Jaguar, Mercedes, Ferrari and Lamborghini.) I feel like the folks who work at the lower end brands are not all there. If you work at a Jeep dealership and this offends you I’m sorry, it is not meant to, go get a job at a high end dealership and you will clearly notice the difference in service and the folks who work there. If they don’t know something they go and find out. They don’t make statements that could result in a problem with a customer.

I contacted Jeep care on this form and over the phone. Over the phone they tried to get ahold of the dealership and was unable to speak with anyone, they advised that I contact the dealership manager, try and set another appointment and contact Jeep care when that appointment has been set.
Another words waste more of my time!

@JeepCares
"Jeep service advisor" doesn't mean "all knowing". Case in point #2,123: When I was first considering to buy a 2018 JL vs waiting for a 2019 JL, I went to the service department of my local dealership and asked them if they new of any glaring problems with the 2018 JLs. They walked me over to the "senior Jeep service advisor" who said "we already have 2019 Wrangler JLs in stock" (this was the end of Feb 2018). When I asked if he was sure, he walked me out to the back lot of overflow inventory and said the ones with the curves around the head lights are 2019. I corrected him, said, no, those are 2018 JLs. He said I was wrong and insisted they were 2019s. I walked him closer to it to look at the window sticker and showed him where it said 2018. He replied "oh".

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
Here is a photo of Kevin’s water crossing, it’s not that deep and his Jeep filled with water!
Per the dealership rep, this is normal?
Does this look like deep water to you?

B4DC99C7-4F67-493D-91F8-F4415F54BFF2.png

977C3D62-24B7-439B-9ED4-C8B3B9CDC4D8.png

34B64FB7-ECD6-449B-BE71-BB9C84C5942C.png
yeah looks pretty deep. my dealer told me that it would get muddy if i take it through the mud

Sponsored

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Hey

The advisor said water up to the floor boards and water will come into the vehicle

I have videos of us doing water crossings where just the top of our hoods are sticking out and never once had water enter our jeeps.
It is on the inside of your tail gate I think 30" if I remember right

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Hey

It literally says on the inside of your tailgate and I'm sure in the manual.

Also the pics you posted about it coming in, if you read the thread you'd see he didn't put his drain plugs back on the body..

OP
OP
James

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
It literally says on the inside of your tailgate and I'm sure in the manual.

Also the pics you posted about it coming in, if you read the thread you'd see he didn't put his drain plugs back on the body..
Hey

Thanks, when I pick it up today I’ll look and see if it’s there.

OP
OP
James

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
"Jeep service advisor" doesn't mean "all knowing". Case in point #2,123: When I was first considering to buy a 2018 JL vs waiting for a 2019 JL, I went to the service department of my local dealership and asked them if they new of any glaring problems with the 2018 JLs. They walked me over to the "senior Jeep service advisor" who said "we already have 2019 Wrangler JLs in stock" (this was the end of Feb 2018). When I asked if he was sure, he walked me out to the back lot of overflow inventory and said the ones with the curves around the head lights are 2019. I corrected him, said, no, those are 2018 JLs. He said I was wrong and insisted they were 2019s. I walked him closer to it to look at the window sticker and showed him where it said 2018. He replied "oh".
It’s another reason I hate going to most dealerships. Unfortunately not all of them known what they are talking about.
After I had ordered mine I wanted to test drive one. One of the dealerships by me just got a few in and I went over to see if I was even going to like what I ordered. The salesman was completely clueless to the new JL. I knew way more about it than him.
I was at the LA auto show the first day it was unveiled, got to talk to a factory person who was apart of the design team and testing. Here was a person who have a lot of knolage about the JL.
Sponsored