Sponsored

Per a Jeep dealership the JL is not water tight/expect it to fill with water during water crossings!

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Completely agree!
I’m not 100% sure what the best way for them to check it without driving it through 30” of water.
It will be very interesting to see their findings after they inspect it
Fill up the entire Jeep with water for 100% check .

Ledpaddle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I discovered that if you read the sales brochure you will know more about a Jeep JL than the salesman knows. There seems to be no standards at all for what it takes to be a car salesman nowadays, not just at Jeep, but everywhere. If you are capable of reading and learning anything you will be far ahead of what most salesmen know. I think the dealerships only care that those guys know how to take your money or get you a loan. The next time I buy a Wrangler I will shop until I find a salesman that drives a Wrangler.

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I discovered that if you read the sales brochure you will know more about a Jeep JL than the salesman knows. There seems to be no standards at all for what it takes to be a car salesman nowadays, not just at Jeep, but everywhere. If you are capable of reading and learning anything you will be far ahead of what most salesmen know. I think the dealerships only care that those guys know how to take your money or get you a loan. The next time I buy a Wrangler I will shop until I find a salesman that drives a Wrangler.
Says the guy who Believes sales brochures .

OP
OP
James

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Jaguar XE, 2018 Fiat 500E
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
Completely agree

This with any sales position, the cream always rises to the top.
Years ago there was a salesman over at a Bentley store. No I was not buying one, a buddy of mine worked there. You had to listen to this guys sales pitch. He knew every aspect of the vehicles he was selling and the way he expleained it to you, you wanted to buy from him.
This guy knew his product inside and out.

When I bought my JL I went to the fleet manager, he told me all of their sales folks were trained on the new JL yet none seemed to remember or were not paying attention during the training.
I had brought a buddy over to check out what I ordered and grabbed a salesman to show us a JLUR, this guy did not know anything about it, very sad!

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
When I bought my JL I went to the fleet manager
I went to fleet manager as well , to make my special order . Highly knowledgeable professional .

Another advantage to go to the fleet manager : he can specify "leak-proof" on the order .

Also , when the Jeep leaks the "Boatyard Fleet manager" will know how to repair leaky boats and Jeeps : Calking .

OP
OP
James

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
I went to fleet manager as well , to make my special order . Highly knowledgeable professional .

Another advantage to go to the fleet manager : he can specify "leak-proof" on the order .

Also , when the Jeep leaks the "Boatyard Fleet manager" will know how to repair leaky boats and Jeeps : Calking .
?
Are you trying to be funny?
Maybe you or a family member ends up in a accident due to this problem. Will you think it’s a joke then?

Seriously?

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
?
Are you trying to be funny?
Yes , I was trying to be funny . I apologize .

By the way , what happened with your scheduled meeting with the FCA rep ? Seriously wish you resolution of the issue .

Sponsored

OP
OP
James

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
Yes , I was trying to be funny . I apologize .

By the way , what happened with your scheduled meeting with the FCA rep ?
No worries!

It’s there now.
The dealership is clueless! I had to show them on Jeep.com where it states being waterproof.
Corporate called and are working on getting someone out there.
I’m a smart enough person to know to put the drain plug back.
What worries me is others and cause and affect.
The corporate guy I have been talking to said Mopar has a bunch of stuff they are working on for the JL. Stuff we would want and buy.

OP
OP
James

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
They have 8 engineers re-designing the drain plug for quick drains : you pull a chain like in a bathtub . lol .
Just got a call from the dealership!
Guess what? There is no seal on my floor mats. I’m not completely crazy!
They are ordering a replacement set. Mine do not have the part that would make them water tight.
Go figure!

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Just got a call from the dealership!
Guess what? There is no seal on my floor mats. I’m not completely crazy!
They are ordering a replacement set. Mine do not have the part that would make them water tight.
Go figure!
This has been a very funny thread . Thanks @James , for making our day .