Sponsored

People's opinion on the Sunrider Bestop?

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
It really is one of my favorite modifications. Glad you’re liking it as well.
Sponsored

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
I am truly enjoying my Sunrider for hardtop. Personally, it affords the best of both worlds.

Now, if Bestop would release their retractable sunshade for the JL, that would be perfect.

Tannerdc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ7 upgraded (?) to a 2020 JLUR
About to pull the trigger on a SR for my white JLUR w white hardtop. Can someone with a white JL and white hardtop please post a pic of yours w the SR? I'd like to see what the all white looks like with the black SR. Thanks!!!

DCBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
About to pull the trigger on a SR for my white JLUR w white hardtop. Can someone with a white JL and white hardtop please post a pic of yours w the SR? I'd like to see what the all white looks like with the black SR. Thanks!!!
This is one of the best mods i have done and its their Diamond Twill... It's nice not having to lug around the freedom panels plus if a rain shower pops up just flip it over... We use it practically every day as we live in FL... The top isn't that hard to install and really the hardest part or getting those Z clips in place... To take it off just undo 6 bolts as others have said and store it as one piece... Like others i am waiting for the retractable sunshade which will be out later... Plus when Bestop releases their OEM soft top i will probably get one of those to have more options for summer time...

GOPR0806.JPG

Sponsored

Firefly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Wrangler TJ
This roof rack goes right up to where Freedom panel would stop. The Sunrider top fits perfectly and gets no interference when opening from the roof rack. Don't hesitate to buy the Sunrider top as you'll love it! Yes, it is noisy when driving at higher speeds but if you've ever owned and drove a jeep with full soft top then you'd know to expect this. Still, totally worth the ease and fun of having it.

20181019_153244_Film1~2.jpg

20181019_153244_Film1~2.jpg

Lacroix1

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara JL
Love mine a lot!
In SoCal, I use it every day.
I don’t think it was much noisier than before and lately, we’ve had substantial rain with “0” leaks.

Bestop has great customer service, at least that’s my experience.

#SquadGoals

First Name
Brittney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara
Thanks again! I just ordered one in twill! Got 5% off being a forum member. Super excited for it to warm up in Illinois to try out. Awesome looking Jeep BTW.
I plan on ordering this week! How did you get the 5% off? TIA

Chomper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Rhinebeck01 I went ahead and ordered the Bestop Sunrider yesterday.

Now only if @BestopTeam would release the retractable sunshade.
@Chomper

Well, I have seen the retractable on a JK .. With that said, I went with an Alien front sunshade ($64.99 with forum discount) and am not even remotely considering the retractable sunscreen for the Bestop Sunrider for JL ,which will retail for approx. $85+-.

I'd expect to see the retractable sun screen for the JL show up in late late Spring (per Bestop Rep) and then there will be supply issues and lots of posts here saying expensive for what it is, unable to obtain and ......

....that
you can only use the retractable sunscreen when the Bestop SR is actually installed... so, if you go topless your JL, will have no front sunshade.

With the Alien front Sunshade it is on and you can use BOTH with the Bestop SR and when your JL is topless..... you install the Alien once and never take it off ....

Sponsored

Chomper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
@Chomper

Well, I have seen the retractable on a JK .. With that said, I went with an Alien front sunshade ($64.99 with forum discount) and am not even remotely considering the retractable sunscreen for the Bestop Sunrider for JL ,which will retail for approx. $85+-.

I'd expect to see the retractable sun screen for the JL show up in late late Spring (per Bestop Rep) and then there will be supply issues and lots of posts here saying expensive for what it is, unable to obtain and ......

....that
you can only use the retractable sunscreen when the Bestop SR is actually installed... so, if you go topless your JL, will have no front sunshade.

With the Alien front Sunshade it is on and you can use BOTH with the Bestop SR and when your JL is topless..... you install the Alien once and never take it off ....

I have the two piece Alien sunshade already. I'll try it out.

Just got a shipment notification fro FedEx that the Sunrider will arrive on Friday. Woot.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
you install the Alien once and never take it off ....
@Rhinebeck01
I have the Alien sunshade for the front but have yet to put it on (they forgot the plastic clips with mine... they quickly rectified that oversight though). Two questions for you:
1. How easy is it to open the SR with the shade installed... wouldn't that get in the way and force you to open from outside?
2. How easy would it be to remove the Alien shade for those times you want wide open access to the great outdoors?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@TJ2018

I'm 70 yo ....

No, not easy to just remove the Alien Sunshade, willy nilly in a couple of minutes or so, "access to the great outdoors" .

With the Alien I have all the outdoor feeling I desire.

With that outdoor feeling you get a heavy dose of full Sun and if I want that I will lie ocean side, etc..

I find it very very easy to open the Bestop Sunriser for JL from right inside the cab, even though I have an Alien front Shade installed.
  • I stop my JL.
  • I open up the driver's window
  • I reach up and unlatch the 2 front SR latches (there is ample room to do this)
  • I reach out of the driver's window with my left hand/arm, grab the front of the SR and flip the SR back (very easy to so)
  • Drive away smiling with SR in open position.

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
It took a bit to get use to opening up the SR with the Alien SunShade installed, as compared to before the install of the sunshade. However, I took your lead from a previous post. Now, it's second nature and quite simple to pop up the SR.

CO_Mojito

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Turbo Mojito
Occupation
IT Enterprise Systems Architect
Vehicle Showcase
I have an alienshade front shade and run mine under my JL Sunrider. its a snap to open with the shade up, while still in the vehicle. Basically, unclip the SR clamps, push up between the shade and the windshield header with your right hand, grab the SR with your left hand, out the window, and push back. no need to remove it. Closing is just the reverse. Reach out the drivers window, and pull closed, lock clamps. you do need to move the shade out of the way a bit when opening and closing the clamps but it snaps back into place.
Sponsored