First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 XLT Sport, 2018 JLUR
Occupation
Aerospace Quality Engineer
I'm going through this now and cant get the dealer to take it seriously and get the paperwork turned back into to Stericycle.
Sponsored

justghwood

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Wrong. I received a buy back myself and was compensated for any mods you put into your Jeep.
Hi Stuweeks,
I am in the process now. Currently FCA is refusing to accept the jlur for replacement unless it is returned to stock. I have aftermarket front and rear bumpers, tire carrier, lift, wheels and tires.
Would love to talk to you about how you got your parts reimbursed.
Text 530 306 9247 if you are willing to share. Appreciate it. My name is Justin, I am in CA.

justghwood

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
this is true. i just provided all my receipts and everything is being covered including any labor receipts too.
Hi jeepmikey,
I am in the Process of getting my jlur repurchasd right now. However, FCA is refusing to reimburse me for any aftermarket parts. I have aftermarket front and rear bumpers, tire carrier, wheels and tires. I would love to talk to you about your experience and how you were able to get reimbursed. If you are willing to talk, please give me a text or call at 530 306 9247. My name is Justin, I am in CA.

Much appreciated!

Last edited:

dsievert66

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Technology and Analytics
I'm in about the same spot with my attorney now. I wonder if it takes a lot longer with the attorney having to talk to their attorney. Quite a while compared to some other stories I've heard without an attorney. I wanted to make sure I would be treated fairly in the process.
I'm curious as to whether getting an attorney is beneficial or not--does it make the process go faster, get more out of it.... I just learned after 41 days of having my jeep at the dealer that they have no idea what's wrong with the jeep. Its a 2019 Rubicon Unlimited 2l with less than 8k miles that I bought in late April. Debating whether I work with the dealer and FCAcares or get a lemon law attorney to fight it out and advise me. Maryland has what I've learned pretty strong lemon laws. Anyone have a good experience working with Jeep and their Dealer? Stuck in a loaner for now and totally annoyed but want my jeep replaced. Dealer seems responsive just not sure which direction to go. Don't want to shoot myself in the foot and wait longer if I don't have too.

TheJoyceIsYours

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lbdesignworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Designer
I'm curious as to whether getting an attorney is beneficial or not--does it make the process go faster, get more out of it.... I just learned after 41 days of having my jeep at the dealer that they have no idea what's wrong with the jeep. Its a 2019 Rubicon Unlimited 2l with less than 8k miles that I bought in late April. Debating whether I work with the dealer and FCAcares or get a lemon law attorney to fight it out and advise me. Maryland has what I've learned pretty strong lemon laws. Anyone have a good experience working with Jeep and their Dealer? Stuck in a loaner for now and totally annoyed but want my jeep replaced. Dealer seems responsive just not sure which direction to go. Don't want to shoot myself in the foot and wait longer if I don't have too.
Can't say for sure myself-I'm still in the midst of it. I don't feel I'm any further along in the process today. Got my dampener replaced again and hoping that'll somehow speed things along since it still isn't fixed.

I decided to go the attorney route thinking it would be easier that way, but I can't say for sure. Coming up on a year for the whole ordeal and still nothing of substance.

It's my understanding that once you get an attorney involved, FCA will only let their attorney talk to yours. Based on some other stories, there can be positive results with I guess Stericycle and the regional reps. Not sure how drawn out that process is either.

Honestly I don't really understand how it could be up for much challenge if you meet the criteria of the law.

I can't say either how long or the experience of others who went the attorney route is as I think there's something signed at the end that swears you to secrecy.

Sponsored

dsievert66

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technology and Analytics
Can't say for sure myself-I'm still in the midst of it. I don't feel I'm any further along in the process today. Got my dampener replaced again and hoping that'll somehow speed things along since it still isn't fixed.

I decided to go the attorney route thinking it would be easier that way, but I can't say for sure. Coming up on a year for the whole ordeal and still nothing of substance.

It's my understanding that once you get an attorney involved, FCA will only let their attorney talk to yours. Based on some other stories, there can be positive results with I guess Stericycle and the regional reps. Not sure how drawn out that process is either.

Honestly, I don't really understand how it could be up for much challenge if you meet the criteria of the law.

I can't say either how long or the experience of others who went the attorney route is as I think there's something signed at the end that swears you to secrecy.
Thanks--Sorry to hear you are still dealing with it--how many days out of service have you had?

Guess I'm lucky--The Mfr (FCA CARES) said they will start the process of a buyback and replacement today and that Stericycle will reach out to me in the next few days. I guess its Good news that they are not fighting me despite offering other remedies for me to continue waiting.

My biggest concern is that I am not knowledgable as an experienced lemon law attorney would be around what remedies are allowed by law vs what they may offer you without one. If the remedies are all the same and I get to the finish line faster without one then that makes sense. Still trying to figure out what they pay for vs not so I am not stuck with the same car but paying more. I read somewhere that dealer incentives are not included so there is no guarantee you will get the same deal. Good luck getting your car fixed or replaced.

dsievert66

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technology and Analytics
Hi jeepmikey,
I am in the Process of getting my jlur repurchasd right now. However, FCA is refusing to reimburse me for any aftermarket parts. I have aftermarket front and rear bumpers, tire carrier, wheels and tires. I would love to talk to you about your experience and how you were able to get reimbursed. If you are willing to talk, please give me a text or call at 530 306 9247. My name is Justin, I am in CA.

Much appreciated!
Curious where you ended up--Did you get your car or a buyback--did you end up in a good place?

dsievert66

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technology and Analytics
Mine is MSRP to MSRP to include all fees, tax, tag, title etc. So unless you paid MSRP on the first one, you get the sale price plus the MSRP, then you also get whatever you have already paid off on your current vehicle. I did the math on mine and I'm better off doing the buy back vice the cash - plus I get to keep on driving it while I go through the process. the GSM at the dealer told me to let him worry about the MSRP of the new vehicle. No idea what that means, but OK - I'll play the game and order one should they not be able work something out with FCA.
PM me if you would not mind talking about your experience. Thanks

TheJoyceIsYours

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lbdesignworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Designer
Thanks--Sorry to hear you are still dealing with it--how many days out of service have you had?

Guess I'm lucky--The Mfr (FCA CARES) said they will start the process of a buyback and replacement today and that Stericycle will reach out to me in the next few days. I guess its Good news that they are not fighting me despite offering other remedies for me to continue waiting.

My biggest concern is that I am not knowledgable as an experienced lemon law attorney would be around what remedies are allowed by law vs what they may offer you without one. If the remedies are all the same and I get to the finish line faster without one then that makes sense. Still trying to figure out what they pay for vs not so I am not stuck with the same car but paying more. I read somewhere that dealer incentives are not included so there is no guarantee you will get the same deal. Good luck getting your car fixed or replaced.
Thanks, hope yours goes smoothly!

I did a lot of research before on it and it sounds like you're going in the right direction.

There's a Lawyer that has some pretty good information on it all- Steve Lehto- and he's been on a number of podcasts and has his own. I'd recommend listening to some of them just to learn a little about it all. It's fairly interesting. I think he has some of the process before, qualifications, and what you're entitled to. Each state has different laws- so you may be entitled to more or less.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I got my first phone call from FCA “Special Handling” on 10/16. The rep called again on a week later, said she had the paperwork from the dealership. She called today, eight days later, and said she’s still reviewing the case and will call next Thursday.

Why so long? Did any of you with buyback take this long for review?

Sponsored

justghwood

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Curious where you ended up--Did you get your car or a buyback--did you end up in a good place?
I first spoke with an FCA rep on September 5. My new JLUR is sitting on the dealer's lot. However, the process of exchanging new contracts between FCA, Stericycle and the dealership has been an absolute clusterf%&#. We finally were able to get FCA to agree to swap the stock bumpers and wheels/tires from the new Jeep onto my current lemon Jeep, then put my aftermarket parts from the lemon Jeep onto the new Jeep. But as I said, this hasn't happened as of yet. What an incredibly frustrating experience....

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
The FCA rep told me today she can “refer me to arbitration.” I didn’t give an answers yet, but that sounds like FCA doesn’t want to buy it back. Does my interpretation seem correct?

She said I could have it looked at again by a dealer or go to arbitration.

dsievert66

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technology and Analytics
The FCA rep told me today she can “refer me to arbitration.” I didn’t give an answers yet, but that sounds like FCA doesn’t want to buy it back. Does my interpretation seem correct?

When you say you got a call from FCA Special handling--is this JeepCares or Stericycle? My understanding is that once its sent to Stericycle its almost a done deal other than the administrative back and forth documentation. At least I hope so--I got a call from SC last week and sent the final paperwork today. They are telling me 2 weeks or sooner.

If you are going back and forth with FCA Cares--call a lemon attorney and let them fight it out. Their fees are likely covered by the manufacturer through the State Lemon Law.

glang1992

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
I got my first phone call from FCA “Special Handling” on 10/16. The rep called again on a week later, said she had the paperwork from the dealership. She called today, eight days later, and said she’s still reviewing the case and will call next Thursday.

Why so long? Did any of you with buyback take this long for review?

It took FCA 3 months to tell my attorney they are not offering a buyback...

glang1992

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL

I’m basically in the same situation...
Sponsored