Sponsored

people who've dealt w/ buy back step inside

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 cherokee
I'm in about the same spot with my attorney now. I wonder if it takes a lot longer with the attorney having to talk to their attorney. Quite a while compared to some other stories I've heard without an attorney. I wanted to make sure I would be treated fairly in the process.
i finally got a call from the attorney
fca sent me a offer while im happy to hear something, im going to counter offer
as my next step
Sponsored

Stuweeks

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
You will not get paid a dime for any aftermarket part mopar or not you will have to remove them and either sell them yourself or install on a replacement Jeep.
Wrong. I received a buy back myself and was compensated for any mods you put into your Jeep.

OP
OP

jeepmikey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
Wrong. I received a buy back myself and was compensated for any mods you put into your Jeep.
this is true. i just provided all my receipts and everything is being covered including any labor receipts too.

TheJoyceIsYours

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lbdesignworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Designer
as my next step
Just curious, what did they come out with?

TheJoyceIsYours

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lbdesignworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Designer
as my next step
Any update after your counter offer? Lawyer finally heard something from fca, so I'm hopefully one step closer.

Sponsored

ekimgnuj

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Cary & Carolina Beach NC; Boston; Port Jeff, NY
Vehicle(s)
'24 JLU Sahara, '18 JLU Sport
Clubs

Any update after your counter offer? Lawyer finally heard something from fca, so I'm hopefully one step closer.
Once they reach a settlement they will be under a gag order, confidentiality is usually one important part of this type of settlement - not worth risking having to disgorge the settlement money by posting about it!

TheJoyceIsYours

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lbdesignworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Designer
Once they reach a settlement they will be under a gag order, confidentiality is usually one important part of this type of settlement - not worth risking having to disgorge the settlement money by posting about it!
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks!

ekimgnuj

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

Sort of at my wits end with my current rig. Local FCA rep has actually been great to work with and essentially I'll be figuring out whether I just want to be bought out or have my JLUR replaced. In terms of vehicle selection, I'm going to give the JLUR one last chance but with another rig.

What I would love to know from anyone that's gone through the process whether through FCA directly or stericycle - did you have to remove all mods and bring back to stock completely? Before people start giving me a hard time about mods on a leased vehicle, I leased my JLUR under my company with intention of buying it out after lease - I didn't expect I would be going through a potential buy back or replacement 6 months into owning it. Reason I ask is 99% of all mods are mopar, curious if there's a world where would just get a credit for those. Not looking forward to removing the rock slide engineering rockers :(

Also, if anyone has any timing on how long replacement took and that process dos / donts of course appreciated.
Just curious, can you explain a bit about how it worked once FCA agreed to a buyback or replacement? Did they offer either, or if only replacement did you get identical or did you have the ability to make changes - and was the only cost involved the difference between purchase price on new vs old, or was there a factor for mileage etc? Thanks in advance if you are comfortable providing anyone of this info, I'm just curious about the process.

OP
OP

jeepmikey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
Just curious, can you explain a bit about how it worked once FCA agreed to a buyback or replacement? Did they offer either, or if only replacement did you get identical or did you have the ability to make changes - and was the only cost involved the difference between purchase price on new vs old, or was there a factor for mileage etc? Thanks in advance if you are comfortable providing anyone of this info, I'm just curious about the process.
I’m actually still going through the process - problem is dealerships don’t want to deal with replacements so it’s pulling teeth with the dealership, FCA has basically been hands off at this point and dealing mostly with stericycle. Jeep gave me option of choosing another Jeep and gave me some credit, I wanted a grand Cherokee SRT but was impossible to get straight answers throughout the process so ended up going with another wrangler but more options - no money out of pocket. Let me know if you have specific questions - I’ll tell you it’s not an easy process and takes time but close to resolving. The good news being at the end of the day I’m (hopefully) getting a new Jeep I can now trust.

ekimgnuj

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

I’m actually still going through the process - problem is dealerships don’t want to deal with replacements so it’s pulling teeth with the dealership, FCA has basically been hands off at this point and dealing mostly with stericycle. Jeep gave me option of choosing another Jeep and gave me some credit, I wanted a grand Cherokee SRT but was impossible to get straight answers throughout the process so ended up going with another wrangler but more options - no money out of pocket. Let me know if you have specific questions - I’ll tell you it’s not an easy process and takes time but close to resolving. The good news being at the end of the day I’m (hopefully) getting a new Jeep I can now trust.
Thanks for the info! I was just wondering how the “replacement” works given that most people have financing, so I assume I’d have to pay off loan I current Jeep and take new one on new Jeep - so how it worked financially seems like it could get messy.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jeepmikey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
Thanks for the info! I was just wondering how the “replacement” works given that most people have financing, so I assume I’d have to pay off loan I current Jeep and take new one on new Jeep - so how it worked financially seems like it could get messy.
You don’t need to pay off your lease or financing - your lender will simply swap out the vins. In my case the MSRP Of my new Jeep was more but I had some credit given my Jeep so my lease stays exactly the same - IE same monthly payment etc

orey22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Jeep Wrangler 2dr / 2019 JL 2dr
I have just completed the process, and it's a long and winding road, and it took alot of effort on my part to get the ball rolling. My overall view is that the 2018s were a little rushed from the welds to the electrical issues to the off road pages not being present.

I'm just happy the process is over, and I have a 2019 that appears to be issue free.

ekimgnuj

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

You don’t need to pay off your lease or financing - your lender will simply swap out the vins. In my case the MSRP Of my new Jeep was more but I had some credit given my Jeep so my lease stays exactly the same - IE same monthly payment etc
Thanks again, great to know! I was just trying to get ahead of the logistics.

SaharaSting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
How do they do taxes, titles, fees, etc? I would hate to have to pay taxes on the new one after paying taxes on the current one? Doesn't seem fair.

OP
OP

jeepmikey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
They handle taxes etc - I'm not paying anything out of pocket on taxes.

Unfortunately, Thursday was the day I was supposed to pick up new Jeep and now they're telling me the steel bumpers may or may not make it on by then (they are adding steel bumper group).

Honestly, the process itself just sucks. All I hear from the dealership is "we're customer first" while all I do is send lengthy e-mails confirming what the amounts are I'm getting back, timing, etc. No one from FCA, Stericycle or the dealership want to give specific or concrete answers - either vague answers or no answers. My hope is this is all resolved this week or next, but I will tell you it is a very lengthy process and be prepared to consistently have to follow up with 3 parties: dealership, FCA and stericycle.
Sponsored