Sponsored

People that had issues with EcoDiesel

Have you have problems with the Ecodiesel. Not other parts of the Jeep. Just engine

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KNN

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport Diesel
Update: may have been user error. Never needed to torque an oil filter down before but apparently I do on the Ecodiesel. Torqued it down to ~25NM and almost 1k miles later no low oil pressure warning. Good luck everyone!
Sponsored

Snowscraper

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Ecodiesel
This is my first Jeep, so far I'm not too impressed with the product, the dealerships and the customer service. Big mistake buying this turd!

Processing

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
This is my first Jeep, so far I'm not too impressed with the product, the dealerships and the customer service. Big mistake buying this turd!
Anything specific? Other than the low pressure false notification? As someone mentioned here you might want to torque down the oil filter if you havenā€™t already.

Sponsored

Saddle Tramp

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 3.0 Turbo Diesel
My first diesel, I have 3K in the last month since I picked it up with no issues. Loving the fuel mileage and power.

flyingbear

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
3K miles in ~2 months. No issues yet. Loving the diesel engine. *knock on wood

Sponsored

JL_Wildlife

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Turbo Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
Major Problem:

I have had my 2021 JLURD for 1 year, put 16,000 miles on it, City, Highway, Long road trips, short road trips, and about 12 full hard days off-roading..

The Gas Mileage is too good. So now I must put on 38ā€ tires.

So in recap, the Jeep is flawless so far in my experience, itā€™s a Jeep I love it.

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Good morning-
Iā€™m a long time lurker and this is my first post. I purchased a gently used ā€˜21 JLUD in September ā€˜22 with 95xx miles on it.

Unfortunately, as soon as I drove off the dealershipā€™s parking lot I received a check engine light. I have to admit, this was extremely discouraging after already being skeptical of purchasing a used Jeep from a dealership that didnā€™t specialize in Mopar nor had any knowledge on the Jeep itself. When I originally test drove the unit (few days earlier) there were no check engine lights so the only thing I can think of is that the oil change /DEF top-off caused something to trigger the engine light.

The dealership that I purchased from was very flexible and urgent in getting the Jeep to a certified dealer located right down the road. After a few days of being down, come to find out the NOX sensors were bad and were completely replaced under warranty.

I now have ~1k miles since the sensors were replaced and have had no other issues, minus the known park sense issue that affects those units with aftermarket wheel/tires.

This is my first Wrangler and absolutely love that I found such a great deal on a diesel.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
With the price of diesel so high, and projected to increase, I guess now would be the time to look at getting a Diesel Wrangler. Or, wait until the diesel prices increase a little more. This is how I was able to talk the dealer down, $11,500 off a new 2006 Dodge 2500 Diesel. All about the timing.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
With the price of diesel so high, and projected to increase, I guess now would be the time to look at getting a Diesel Wrangler. Or, wait until the diesel prices increase a little more. This is how I was able to talk the dealer down, $11,500 off a new 2006 Dodge 2500 Diesel. All about the timing.
I'd act fast. Since announcing it's cancellation in the Wrangler, the dealerships may try to increase the price based on rarity. Some members (who don't own one) claim it is a ticking time bomb, so maybe you try to pitch the idea of you doing them a favor by taking the potential hit. I would never base vehicle ownership off current fuel market prices, they will always fluctuate. You've also got Buc-ees over there, prices should be decent no?

Shift Happens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
23k miles.
Intermittent squealing in the engine bay somewhere. I can't open the engine bay after using the remote start so it's hard to track down. It does happen when I start the jeep normally but it's much rarer. I only recently had issues with this.

Front end is grinding when making turns from a stop. Regardless of if I take it slow or wait until I'm rolling significantly before turning the wheel. It happens more on a slight incline. It feels like turning in 4WD. You can feel the vibration in the steering wheel and pedal. I have been having problems with this for a long time now. I was thinking it might be from adding the steel front bumper and winch but then I remembered when I installed it, and I had the issue prior.

Front end making a rubbing noise when turning. When it's not making the grinding noise, the front wheels or something makes a rubbing noise. This one is fairly recently noticed.

Backup camera is like 50/50 on working vs not working. It will often times not display the lines on reverse, and sometimes it won't turn on at all. This one I tried having fixed at the dealer. They replaced the backup camera but of course it didn't solve anything. When I told them it wasn't fixed, they said there was a TSB on it and there is no current fix. When I got the recall notice in the mail it said it was a software update, but the dealer is incessant that's not the case and there's no current fix. Now when I look up recalls, I don't see it listed.
Sponsored