Sponsored

People that had issues with EcoDiesel

Have you have problems with the Ecodiesel. Not other parts of the Jeep. Just engine

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

imjester77

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Eco Diesel; 2014 JKU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I thought I had a major DEF pump issue, turned out to be fuses! so, at 5500 miles technically no issues, but honestly sat at the dealer for a month until this forum helped me figure the issue out and get my Jeep back!
Sponsored

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
New here, but have had a few Jeeps over the years. The wife drives a 13 2 door Sahara and I just traded my 14 Altitude for a 20 Rubicon Diesel back in June while on an RV trip in Idaho. Now with 5k on it, I am still amazed at the torque every time I drive it. It's had at least half of it's life so far off road in every state we've been in on the way back to Florida. It's really comforting hearing that engine pull up hills with no real effort. Love, love, love that engine!!

Sponsored

Dasher320

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 2003 TJ, 2020 JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
12k on mine. Had to replace the oil pressure sensor. I have had an issue with the rear locker light so I put the Z Locker from Z Automotive on and that has gone away. Supposedly the only fix Jeep has is to replace the axle!?! I've been through boxes and boxes of DEF, but I've also been towing an RPod. Still loving my diesel.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
At roughly 5,000 miles, had the infamous timing cover oil leak. Two weeks at the shop for repair.

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
Crap, forgot to post on here. I'm at 5500 miles and had an o-ring failure on the intercooler hose that attaches to the intake. The oil vapor collected in the hose and leaked all over the front of the motor, enough to make a puddle on the ground.

rodend

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL ecoDiesel
Unfortunately, 750 miles and I've had problems.. I had a CEL (For Service Electronic Throttle Control) on the first day I drove it home. It's now back at the dealer, and has been there for 4 weeks waiting on parts. I'm trying to decide if I lemon law it, or hope that the fix is correct...
  • Had loose fuses... Check those fuses, folks
  • CEL codes were for a temp sensor. Apparently, it's on a long lead time and is a real pain to replace
  • While diagnosing the CEL, they replaced PCM board... led them to believe the sensor is the issue
  • While replacing the sensor/PCM the technician noted that some of the wiring harness wasn't well seated, and/or had bent pins...this explained (to me at least) why my CEL would go off in the morning when it was cold, and pretty much go away in the evening after it warmed up.
I HOPE that when they fix the above issue, that we're good to go. I really would prefer to no replace....unless of course I can get the 4xE :D

Sponsored

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
You guys probably remember my issues. However, we just drove from Richmond VA to Bar Harbor ME with absolutely no issues and got 30 mpg! It was a blast!
I’m glad that Celeste smoothed out for you. I have had one issue with my Tank. A plug going to the exhaust NOx sensors wasn’t making good connection. It took the dealer a few tries to figure it out. Bar Harbor is awesome. Last time I was there, I ate so much lobster that I was starting to grow claws.

Nihkole

First Name
Nichole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL 3.0 Diesel, 2000 Chevrolet Camaro
I’m glad that Celeste smoothed out for you. I have had one issue with my Tank. A plug going to the exhaust NOx sensors wasn’t making good connection. It took the dealer a few tries to figure it out. Bar Harbor is awesome. Last time I was there, I ate so much lobster that I was starting to grow claws.
We ate so many lobster rolls! The best was at Highrollers. Hour wait but totally worth it.

9mmkungfu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
My DEF line was improperly secured at the factory and melted on the exhaust. Replaced under warranty.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
My DEF line was improperly secured at the factory and melted on the exhaust. Replaced under warranty.
This is the sort of nonsense which, similar to the widespread fuse issue, really begs the question of how some of the assembly line folks in Toledo not only keep their jobs, but also get paid serious coin/benefits to fail at simple tasks.
Sponsored