Sponsored

People that had issues with EcoDiesel

Have you have problems with the Ecodiesel. Not other parts of the Jeep. Just engine

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
This is the sort of nonsense which, similar to the widespread fuse issue, really begs the question of how some of the assembly line folks in Toledo not only keep their jobs, but also get paid serious coin/benefits to fail at simple tasks.
unions
Sponsored

isaligo

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 3.0 Ecodiesel
17k miles its at the dealer. From what I've read the rattling noise i was getting was from a broken weld in one of the brackets. noise started at 8k other than that no real issues :)

rikity

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
The first couple years when they were putting them in the Ram 1500 and the Grand Cherokee, there were DEF system issues, I havent seen a ton of the JT's with the motor around, we've only had 2 of them here so far. But from reports here it looks like they've done better on that issue. Fuses not seated properly is more of a QC issue, so this does make me a lot more optimistic on it.

Joe 3.0

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.0
32k Miles, no issues other than the Catalytic clamp just now failed. Rattling noise sounds like a rod was shooting out the engine. Easy fix $75 dlls, average 23mpg city 29-31 Hwy @ 75mph

Shift Happens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
200 miles and the start-stop is already acting up. Won't work at all sometimes, and others it will turn the vehicle off and then turn it right back on even though I didn't move, foot still on the brake etc.

Sponsored

ReDxSiLLy

First Name
Elizabeth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU ecodiesel
200 miles and the start-stop is already acting up. Won't work at all sometimes, and others it will turn the vehicle off and then turn it right back on even though I didn't move, foot still on the brake etc.
I hate the ESS anyways.
I typically keep my seat belt off which disables it for whatever reason.

Snowscraper

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Ecodiesel
1600 Miles, Low oil pressure warning, oil pressure gauge turns red. goes into the dealer Thursday. :facepalm:

Sponsored

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
23,450 miles without any problems. Getting 25 mpg on 315 cooper stt pro tires. The diesel engine dosen't have any problems with the tires and there is no reason to regear. On steep rocky trails the Rubicon idles over the obstacles. I am completely happy with my decision to get the diesel Rubicon.

Snowscraper

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Ecodiesel
What is the oil level?
Full! No leaks noted. Dealer cleared the warning, drove for a few minutes and called it good. Pretty sure I'll be dropping it off again once it reappears again. Tottally intermittant problem. Warning comes and goes. I'm sure it's a sensor or wiring. We'll see.

KNN

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport Diesel
Full! No leaks noted. Dealer cleared the warning, drove for a few minutes and called it good. Pretty sure I'll be dropping it off again once it reappears again. Tottally intermittant problem. Warning comes and goes. I'm sure
Any update? I just did second oil change at 12k miles and I’m getting low oil pressure warning now as well. I put in 9qts and took out about 1/2 qt cause oil was reading a little high on the stick. Warning hasn’t gone away though.

Snowscraper

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Ecodiesel
It's been into the dealer twice now, they don't know what the hell is going on lol. They checked the wiring, sensors, drove it for over an hour. The oil pressure shows good, but I keep getting the "low oil pressure" warning on the U connect app, and the oil pressure gauge will turn from grey to red. Tottally intermittant, it can be fine one day, faults the next. Frustrating.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
4100 miles, until it just shut down; it ate its own High Pressure Fuel Pump.

J**p is replacing the entire fuel system. at the dealer waiting on parts now.
Sponsored