Penny for your thoughts.

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
They say “real” Jeeps are built not bought, what say you?
Sponsored

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
well many are built, many are modded, many stock, but my guess everyone puts their own stamp on them. I commend folks who put lifts on and put them to use.

myself, have emptied the wallet with minor upgrades,

BTW what does a Trauma program coordinator do? You a Doc?

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Built will be better than bought. They are both real Jeeps though.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I like what everyone has said...this is my 6th wrangler along with the multitude of cars that have come between them! I have spent (or lost) more money than I can count over the years and I am trying to stay reasonably away from the pit that is bigger/better/stronger and more capable. I am going to use this little philly the way the factory made her and what she can not do will be fine with me...besides I'm too old to be crawling around on the garage floor re-building things that are fine. When something breaks I'll fix it with a better option. Bought was the way I wanted it and after building the last 5, I'm okay with that!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Trauma Jeep

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
well many are built, many are modded, many stock, but my guess everyone puts their own stamp on them. I commend folks who put lifts on and put them to use.

myself, have emptied the wallet with minor upgrades,

BTW what does a Trauma program coordinator do? You a Doc?
I had only posted that quote because longtime self proclaimed Jeep ”experts” were busting my chops for buy a JL.
I don’t care what they say, I love it. Yes things change and advance with time. if we did things they way we have always done them then we would still be starting fires with sticks and living in caves.
A trauma program coordinator is a graduate level RN who is responsible for running the trauma aspect of a trauma program. I am a liaison between EMS, the emergency department, OR and ICU. As well assuring that we are compliant with all state and federal regs. Just to name a few things.

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Just came out of my cave from starting a fire with sticks.

Well the party of “they” are wrong again. If you don’t believe me talk to any of the members working in the line at the plant in Toledo. They build em and we all buy them. So we all bought them!!!! ;).

My opInion is that if you see a Jeep that is what you want and you have the coin and person X is willing to part with it. Buy it. If you want to buy a stock Jeep and build it, build it.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I’m stock except for power running boards. There’s not much off roading near NYC. I probably would mod if I lived in those trail area’s. Although , the one bad thing about modifying so early is you give up a lot of warranty.
I saw one guy in a clutch forum paid for an aftermarket clutch job and now has to force his Jeep into 1st gear. People were recommending he now go to the dealer. Talk about paying through the nose.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I’m stock except for power running boards. There’s not much off roading near NYC. I probably would mod if I lived in those trail area’s. Although , the one bad thing about modifying so early is you give up a lot of warranty.
I saw one guy in a clutch forum paid for an aftermarket clutch job and now has to force his Jeep into 1st gear. People were recommending he now go to the dealer. Talk about paying through the nose.
I don’t know...... the last time I was there, ( 20 yrs ago). the infrastructure in the city could easily be considered a 1-2 rated trail.........:giggle:

Sponsored

Mojito!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara Unlimited JL
Vehicle Showcase
I have done quite a bit to mine. It is an addiction. That being said, everything I have done has had some functional purpose.
1. Installed Soft Top
2. Bartact seat covers
3. Carolina Metal Masters grab bar mirrors. I originally purchased the JPeggz. Wasn't real crazy obout them. I am looking to get rid of them.
4. Rubicon wheels and tires
5. Rubicon Steel bumper
6. Rugged Ridge Nautic 12,500 winch. That was the grand prize at last years JeepQuest in Sevierville. Which incidentally started the snow ball of bumpers, tires etc.
7. Synthetic rope for the winch
8. Engel 35qt Fridge/Freezer
9. Jackery 500
10. JTops Sun shade
11. RainGear Cover
12. Ram Mount pieces that are on back order
13. I have a Rubicon suspension, not sure if I'm going to install.
14. GoPro Hero 4

So what category do I fall in? I did do all the installs myself.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
99% of things are bought, not built. I do not consider it build, if you jumped on the net, and ordered up a bunch parts and bolted it on.

Built is making and fabricating your own parts. If you are not milling, welding, hammering, bending, you are just buying. Some guys build their own bumpers....... That hardly make your Jeep built.

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
They say “real” Jeeps are built not bought, what say you?
When "they" say this they mean someone who's steadily put portal axles on with rear steering and 53" tires.

However, most "builds" are what people have made their Jeep into.

Overlander, mudder, rock crawler, show crawler, etc.

A "build" is adding those personal things that make the owner happy.

OP
OP
Trauma Jeep

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
I have done quite a bit to mine. It is an addiction. That being said, everything I have done has had some functional purpose.
1. Installed Soft Top
2. Bartact seat covers
3. Carolina Metal Masters grab bar mirrors. I originally purchased the JPeggz. Wasn't real crazy obout them. I am looking to get rid of them.
4. Rubicon wheels and tires
5. Rubicon Steel bumper
6. Rugged Ridge Nautic 12,500 winch. That was the grand prize at last years JeepQuest in Sevierville. Which incidentally started the snow ball of bumpers, tires etc.
7. Synthetic rope for the winch
8. Engel 35qt Fridge/Freezer
9. Jackery 500
10. JTops Sun shade
11. RainGear Cover
12. Ram Mount pieces that are on back order
13. I have a Rubicon suspension, not sure if I'm going to install.
14. GoPro Hero 4

So what category do I fall in? I did do all the installs myself.
You fall into the Jeep Employee gap. Lol
Sponsored