Penance81

First Name
Tillman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I thought I would start a build log since I have several items on order. I will update with pictures as things come along.

Current Mods:
2" Mopar Lift
37x12.50R17 Cooper SST Pro Tires
Rough Country Tire Relocation Bracket
Mopar All Weather Floor Mats
AFE Rock Basher Exhaust
1.75" Spidertrax wheel spacers
20% Tint on front windows

Item's on order:
JCR Offroad Mauler Stubby in black powder coat
JCR Offroad Mauler skid plate in black powder coat
JCR Offroad Shield Gate Tire Carrier in black powder coat
JCR Offroad Vanguard Full Width rear bumper in black powder coat
Smittybilt x20-10 comp gen2 10,000lb winch
Rigged Industries 20251 Cube lights for rear bumper
Red 3/4" D Ring Shackles
17x9 Fuel Vector D601 in Anthracite wheels

Future Mods Planned:
JCR Offroad Rock Sliders
Fender Flares
Hothead headliners
Windshield Light bar
I'm sure many more to come.

img_0094-jpg.jpg

img_0095-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Penance81

Penance81

First Name
Tillman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wheels should be in and installed by Friday. Now if @JcrOffroad can get my order shipped out I'll be on my way. In their defense they did say 15-20 days on the order and its just now hitting 15 days. Been looking at the winch and cube lights now for a couple of weeks, patience has not be my virtue :cwl:.

Reactions: JAY

Sponsored

RLW007

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I thought I would start a build log since I have several items on order. I will update with pictures as things come along.

Current Mods:
2" Mopar Lift
37x12.50R17 Cooper SST Pro Tires
Rough Country Tire Relocation Bracket
Mopar All Weather Floor Mats
AFE Rock Basher Exhaust
1.75" Spidertrax wheel spacers
20% Tint on front windows

Item's on order:
JCR Offroad Mauler Stubby in black powder coat
JCR Offroad Mauler skid plate in black powder coat
JCR Offroad Shield Gate Tire Carrier in black powder coat
JCR Offroad Vanguard Full Width rear bumper in black powder coat
Smittybilt x20-10 comp gen2 10,000lb winch
Rigged Industries 20251 Cube lights for rear bumper
Red 3/4" D Ring Shackles
17x9 Fuel Vector D601 in Anthracite wheels

Future Mods Planned:
JCR Offroad Rock Sliders
Fender Flares
Hothead headliners
Windshield Light bar
I'm sure many more to come.

img_0094-jpg.jpg

img_0095-jpg.jpg

RLW007

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
How far did your tites stick out past your fenders with 1.75” spacers and stock rims?

OP
OP
Penance81

Penance81

First Name
Tillman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly never measured but about the same as the new setup probably between 2.5 to 3 inches

Sponsored

OP
OP
Penance81

Penance81

First Name
Tillman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Looking awesome so far! Thanks for the order, can't wait to see it with our armor on it! :beer:
Finger's crossed the weather holds out and I should have the Front Mauler, Rear Vanguard Full, and Tire Carrier installed.

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 1987 Jeep Comanche
Occupation
Manufacturer
Finger's crossed the weather holds out and I should have the Front Mauler, Rear Vanguard Full, and Tire Carrier installed.
Honestly wiring the license plate light takes the most time. If Jeep only gave us that circuit in the gate already... So much time saved! Ha.

OP
OP
Penance81

Penance81

First Name
Tillman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well didn't quiet get to finish this weekend. Started in and noticed at the point of no return I had some missing parts and incorrect parts. I will list my issues below with the @JcrOffroad parts. I will note they are aware of the issues and are sending me what I need, but this is good information to have if you have received your order prior to them correcting their warehouse issues.

Front Mauler Bumper:
All items were good here

Skid for front bumper:
It looks like one of the four bolts shipped in the package is the incorrect size. They are aware of this issue and correcting it on their end. Its a pretty common bolt, you can pick it up pretty much any where. You will need a 5/16-18 x1 hex grade 4. This is to attach the skid to the bumper and frame.

Vanguard Full width rear bumper:
I only received the two pieces to mount the backup camera and a piece of wire loom from the licence relocation kit. Be sure and double check for this, they are correcting it now but not having this really made for a pain. Without it you will not have the wire needed for the license plate illumination. Of course in my case I did not get those lights, the bracket for the rear plates, third brake light, or any of the hardware needed. This was the most frustrating part because I had the rear panels pulled and nothing to wire. I ended up getting some wire so I could at least run it out to the tailgate and put the panels back in place.
Notes:
This process can be a pain, not fault on JCR. Just having to pull the panels and wire all of this is a pain. Note if you have the upgraded sound system with the sub-woofer this even harder and I could not figure out how to pull the panels out very far without taking the entire sub out. Also if you have a hard top you will need to pull it off to remove the rubber gasket they note in their video.

Adventure Tire Carrier:
This one took us longer than it should have to figure out the issue. Our first lug install on the carrier went fine, the second we just could not get a socket to turn to pull it down. After about an hour of trying I finally noticed that the lugs they sent are slightly different. It turns out one is correct the other two are too big. Now to note they are the correct thread size for the lug nuts, however the part that pulls through and crimps is slightly bigger on two of the bolts. Check yours, the correct ones will have a button head with ABN 138 marked on it, the incorrect ones are flat. I ended up getting the correct two I needed to finish at a local auto parts store.

In the end it was very frustrating and took way more time than it should have running around to get the correct parts. I understand its a new product and issues will arise. @JcrOffroad has been in contact with me and are getting out the parts I need to get the vehicle back road legal. In the mean time I have the license plate tied to the rear tire. Hopefully no cops give me a hard time about not having a third brake light. I will avoid driving at night until I get everything installed since I don't have a light for the plates. Don't make my mistake and check and double check your kits to make sure you have everything you need. All in all the products themselves look great and I had little to no issues with fitment and the video guides were accurate and helpful. I still give them a recommendation and I am sure they will get it all ironed out, just the woes of being bleeding edge :cwl:

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 1987 Jeep Comanche
Occupation
Manufacturer
The hardware and packaging isssues are embarrassing. I certainly apologize for the time it took for you to figure it all out. You are correct that it's all part of new product launches, but we had all of this engineering ironed out before launch; this is just a follow through issue from our team.

We had a meeting this morning to go over the issues and will certainly have them handled moving forward but again, my apologies for the issues you've had.

I know you are in touch with tech support, so I don't want to step on their toes. If you need anything however, feel free to PM me.

Daryl
VP | JcrOffroad
Sponsored