Sponsored

Pedal Commander now in stock!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
oh man, clearly I need to get out of the office more often!

thanks for the update @Rhinebeck01, I hope you have a good time down there... I know it will be hard though, you know all the sunshine and having to decide which toy to play with each day :)
@HoundDude

Yes, it is a rough after retirement job... not having to go to work .. just having to decide, whether to ride the Rubi or the Harley FatBoy on any given day in Florida...and where to have lunch.

Today, I hooked up the trailer. I ended up driving about 80 miles with the trailer attached to the Jl, today. Geeeez, the Pedal Commander makes a difference in the JL.

Did you ever drive a Go Kart at say an amusement place lets say... Well, the karts have "governors" on them and they are slow to respond to the push of the gas pedal and you just get little response out of them, etc...... Well, today while driving the JL with the PD, I said to myself ... geez, my JL before the PC was like one of the karts with the governor. The JL with the Pedal Commander is unleashed lets say....

I'm sure the newness of the PC will wear off and I will stop spewing about it but geeez...........

HoundDude

Threads
Reaction score
New Jersey (i know, i know, i'm stuck here)
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
hmm, the go cart governor is an interesting example. that implies that you achieve higher RPM while accelerating than you would without the PD? what I expected to hear is the RPM ramps up faster for a given push on the accelerator pedal. i.e., a little push is remapped by the PD to act like a bigger push?

please keep us posted as your trip progresses, I'm interested to hear how it goes

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hmm, the go cart governor is an interesting example. that implies that you achieve higher RPM while accelerating than you would without the PD? what I expected to hear is the RPM ramps up faster for a given push on the accelerator pedal. i.e., a little push is remapped by the PD to act like a bigger push?

please keep us posted as your trip progresses, I'm interested to hear how it goes
@HoundDude

Did not mean to imply that... I'm really at a loss for words how to describe... you did better then I did... I tried to describe but obviously failed at that... :facepalm:

HoundDude

Threads
Reaction score
New Jersey (i know, i know, i'm stuck here)
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
@HoundDude

Did not mean to imply that... I'm really at a loss for words how to describe... you did better then I did... I tried to describe but obviously failed at that... :facepalm:
well let me ask it this way... sounds like you definitely like the improved performance, do you notice the engine revving higher than usual during these times? if so, by a little or a lot? I'm just curious. maybe you can take a mental note next time you are out and about. thanks

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
well let me ask it this way... sounds like you definitely like the improved performance, do you notice the engine revving higher than usual during these times? if so, by a little or a lot? I'm just curious. maybe you can take a mental note next time you are out and about. thanks
@HoundDude

Well, I have about 200 mi. on my JL with the Pedal Commander installed. I have not left on my road trip yet.

At this point I can tell you that I will be keeping the Pedal Commander. 8-)

There is a night and day difference in the throttle response with the Pedal Commander installed.... a very positive difference.

No, no "engine revving higher than usual during these times", that you asked about.

The only thing that I see different with the Pedal Commander installed is that when you press on the gas, the JL reacts immediately.... as in immediately. 8-) With my 8 speed automatic.... oy my... 8-)

With the PC, It feels like you are driving a real responsive vehicle with more power, but obviously you are not .... the Pedal Commander is not a tuner, so no, it does not increase power. Guess what the Pedal Commander shines in, is giving you immediate, fast throttle response to the power you do have.

About the cost of the Pedal Commander. Yes, I would say it is pricey.

Northern 4x4's discounted price on it is very good though. Doubtful, you will find it for less at at any other vendor. With the discounted price courtesy of Northridge, I'd say it is worth the $ spent.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Out of the 36 levels of response the Pedal Commander offers .... after 200 miles, I have settled in with City Driving (no plus or minus). IF there is a need to be more aggressive lets say, I will set to City Driving plus 2 probably.

I have an 8 speed transmission in my 3.6L, JL, 2 dr. Rubi.

51C9dr-INiL._SL1080_.jpg

Sponsored

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, 2-Door, Manual
I have a 2dr 6spd and love mine. I have mine set at city +4.

2838901B-D45E-435C-8C5A-A6C8921B05E9.jpeg
I am glad someone with a manual has this. How does the increased response manifest itself? Can you feel it only during takeoff or can you tell a difference when you're in 5th or 6th gear and trying to pass on the highway??

When I am in 5th or 6th doing maybe 60-65 and I step on it, not much happens. It takes a WHILE to get up to 75, so passing speed is pretty much non-existent. I would like to fix that.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
To anyone that might know:

* Would this best be de-installed on trips to the dealer for service, say, like a Tazer might be?

* Can anyone suggest why FCA (if it's FCA) has the lag out of the factory with the accelerator that makes this toy worth its cost?

Thanks.

Hydroboy35th

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I am glad someone with a manual has this. How does the increased response manifest itself? Can you feel it only during takeoff or can you tell a difference when you're in 5th or 6th gear and trying to pass on the highway??

When I am in 5th or 6th doing maybe 60-65 and I step on it, not much happens. It takes a WHILE to get up to 75, so passing speed is pretty much non-existent. I would like to fix that.
There is a difference at highway speed as well. However, I noticed a difference in responsiveness with my intake & throttle body spacer at highway speeds as well. When I need to pass someone quicker than normal I just down shift to get around them.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Rahneld

Well, with Pedal Commander, you can, as long as you installed with the Pedal Commander and it's cable out of sight, (Unit is Bluetooth Controlled so why not) all you have to do is turn the Pedal Commander off. Dealer tech will be clueless..... their WiTech tool will not see it and it will not effected by it.. So, you can just turn the Pedal Commander off and leave it installed..

To be honest though.... it takes all of about 3 minutes to uninstall the Pedal Commander and reattach the stock cabling... so, why not just uninstall to ace your bet so to speak.

SO, with that said, IF there is any reason my JL goes to the dealership Service Department and their is any chance at all that I think they will be working in the area where the Pedal Commander is plugged in or where I have it stashed.... well, for sure, I will remove / uninstall it before the Service Dept. gets the JL.

Now, with my Tazer JL and my SmartStopStart units, these are different animals so to speak.. those get uninstalled even if going to the dealership Service Department for them to say fix a problem with the seat or to do anything at that.

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, 2-Door, Manual
There is a difference at highway speed as well. However, I noticed a difference in responsiveness with my intake & throttle body spacer at highway speeds as well. When I need to pass someone quicker than normal I just down shift to get around them.
Yeah that sounds right, but there's nothing right about having to shift down to 3rd or 4th just to pass on the highway (while doing 65). I'll just have to get used to it.
Sponsored