ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Something like that. The lower control arms appear fine and you would think the force it would take to buckle two upper arms would impact them. Pure speculation.
It could happen. I’d say that’s a good theory. Unfortunately for the OP, I’d say it doesn’t matter how it happened, he’s SOL and will have to replace them out of pocket.
Sponsored

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
Yep, warranty and or extended warranty, Only covers defective parts and workmanship. The only other thing that you could do, would be have the Rockwell hardness tested, to see if it was within specs. But the added cost, it probably would not be worth it. Just turn it into your Insurance Company.

garykk

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
Was coming home from snowboarding and noticed after a bump on the road I felt as though I didn’t have suspicion up front. Take it to the dealer and find my upper control arms are bent like a banana. Unknown reason why, we don’t wheel that hard. The service rep told me it is not covered in our warranty. Mind you we have the extended warranty all the way around. He says if it was a barring that caused it then yes they would cover it, but he says I damaged it some how.
I’m asking if anyone is reading, is he correct or should I keep fighting it? Thank you all!
What year and model is this? mileage?
just does not look right to have both arms bent and no other damage. Like someone said, possibly tied down wrong on delivery truck? How did it handle prior to this?

OP
OP

Keniasal

First Name
Kenia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel
What year and model is this? mileage?
just does not look right to have both arms bent and no other damage. Like someone said, possibly tied down wrong on delivery truck? How did it handle prior to this?
21’ ecodiesel, JL, drove just fine everything is stock. 40k miles.

diesel_dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 4xe
Looks like you tried to roll up a 2' curb or something and instead of popping up and over like you would have wanted it to, the whole front axle took the impact and rolled backwards bending the upper control arms down and possibly the lower control arm up slightly? If something like that isn't what happened, I'm really curious what the real cause was because that's a lot of bent metal to just kind of spontaneously happen while cruising around.

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Did someone put a strap or rope there to pull you out at one time? I’ve seen inexperienced people put recovery gear on suspension parts before.

Bizarre damage and it should have had very strange handling.

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
Whatever occurred was a catastrophic event to have accomplished the bending of the uper control arm.

At first thinking: What other damage is there??? I would expect more damage than this unless that upper had an existing flaw ( I assume you bought your Jeep new).

I think you need to inspect your suspension system very closely, something massive impacted your wheel or the axle itself.

What has occurred is your axle was pushed DOWN on the right side at an extreme angle and at the same time as it was being pushed down it was rotated counterclockwise bending the upper.

My thinking is it would have been something like a stump in ground, covered by snow???

Jeep Wrangler JL Paying for warranty but not covered? F0491B90-1CFC-4D51-8290-4AD9E1205C9D

OP
OP

Keniasal

First Name
Kenia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel
Did someone put a strap or rope there to pull you out at one time? I’ve seen inexperienced people put recovery gear on suspension parts before.

Bizarre damage and it should have had very strange handling.
Nope, we used the standard tow points.

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Did the front end come off the ground, then slam back down?

jjvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 2017 VW Alltrack, 2003 VW Eurovan
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Was coming home from snowboarding and noticed after a bump on the road I felt as though I didn’t have suspicion up front. Take it to the dealer and find my upper control arms are bent like a banana. Unknown reason why, we don’t wheel that hard.
Had the same thing (sort of) just a few weeks ago while skiing. I was at Killington and having a good time, 2nd run of the day and I wiped out (this was a run that's no big deal). Had to take the trip down the hill in the toboggan. Found out my ACL is torn and will need surgery. I feel like you, no big deal and this never should have happened. I'm thinking you are like me, manufacturer defect. I don't have an extended warranty on my body, If I did, they'd be paying for it.

modeler

First Name
d
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
There is no way i can see anyone paying for that under warranty. That doesn't just happen by hitting a bump on the road. Doesn't really matter anyways because that isn't caused by a manufacturing defect and really shouldn't be covered under warranty. Obviously caused by driver error.
yeah, but how could driver bend upper arm by driving it, he has to put his head in between :headbang:and drive over a bump, LOL
Sponsored